Nice work man,nice to see some modern equipment for a change :)

Gerwin,

Thanks. Great job.

KRFRGE

I did not make this one from scratch, but did modify it heavily. Probably not better looking then kesselbruts release, but this one has proper distance lods.

Edit; image outdated, deleted

Edited by gerwin
  • Like 4

great!

list in targets ini, the types ini start year turns it on

however, locations still must be plotted.

for examples, go through the targets and types inis for Iran/Iraq 2003, Persian Gulf, the 'modern' North Africa, etc....

Okay, I will check it out later. But you agree that locations must still be plotted, which hoped to avoid, but alas..

I just released the M1 abrams. Glad to have that vehicle covered properly in my game setup.

Now I will pause this modding for a while and attend to real life again ;).

post-32175-0-43828400-1379012971_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerwin
  • Like 2

In te past evenings I worked on a BRDM-2 mod. With the nose of this soviet recon car shaped properly. A beta version of the BRDM-2 is available on my site, it comes with a tan texture only.

post-32175-0-72325200-1368923361_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Of course the BRDM-2 model had to lead to its SAM cousin, the SA-6 SA-9 Launcher. Beta release is up.

Edit, updated image.

post-32175-0-12219700-1369011216.jpg

Edited by gerwin

Oops, SA-9 of course. wrote it right all the other times.

Edit,

uploaded a slightly newer version. Missile must be set as visible in the data.ini, otherwise it never fires.

PS. I noticed that setting it as static_AAA may be preferable, as otherwise you end op with

like 50% ZU-23 gun sites in the later years (1983+). As if 50% of the locations are assigned to static_AAA and 50% to mobile_AAA.

not sure...

Edited by gerwin

I made a Hardened shelter for SF1/SF2 which I will upload to my site in a bit.

The design is similar to the soviet medium sized shelters as found in former East Germany, for MiG-23s or Su-17s.

But because the shelter is quite small in reality, I upscaled it to 120%.

One can use these for variants of stock airbase 2 and 3 for example.  Which I modded to have paved roads instead of sand tracks.

post-32175-0-33906800-1383344580.jpg

post-32175-0-50423200-1383344585.jpg

Edited by gerwin
  • Like 1

Pretty cool! :good:

We need more of this kind to bring more different things in Game!!!

Edited by Soulfreak

Gerwin,

Great job. Your work is always appreciated.

Krfrge

Thanks.

I am working on a modded airfield to use these Shelters.

One that can serve as a 2 squadron fighter airfield; it has 25 shelters and 2 hangars.

PS: I updated the shelter package itself with distance lod stuff.

post-32175-0-34932900-1383612339.jpg

post-32175-0-35858600-1383612343.jpg

Edited by gerwin
  • Like 1

Wow! Looks great.

Thanks for the great work.

The airfields are finished,

The one with the shelters I was talking about, and one stripped down version which is a bit civilian looking.

I updated the images in the previous post.

The files will be up around next tomorrow. It will be paired with a new TFDtool version which natively displays these two airfields.

Of course it wasn't finished..But now it really is, so up for download at my website.

Both Airfields come with a Default (Concrete/Temperate) and Desert Texture set.

To use these some ini editing is required, as I tried to explain in the readme.

post-32175-0-00769000-1383853439_thumb.jpg

Gerwin,

You are truly outdoing yourself with these great airfields and your excellent TFD tool.

Many thanks for your superb work.

Krfrge

>That looks great, will you upload it here too?

I will keep my larger projects at my own website only, because I like it that way, and to group them and update them more easily.

It should not be a problem, and that place does not require login anyways.

Today I uploaded a version with a folder 'GermanyCE_update'. Which contains documents and ini files to modify some of its Enemy

Aifields to Airfield 7 (or 3 or 2). Either manually or by using my ini's.

My research showed that all but eight of the enemy airfields are better represented by one of these Airfields, if not more.

to be truthfull, the stock airfields ARE a bit on the 'wrong' side. They're just "plain", you know? Anything we can do the dress them up, is a plus!!!

Yeah, looking up the BLUE side arfields actually shows a similar trend: in Germany it is all dug in and sheltered. At least in the 80's it is. TK could not have missed this fact when making WOE, but probably lacked the time do something nice with it.

Add_to_Targets.ini

[TargetArea00X]
Name=Airfield 7 with US vehicles

The template has Soviet vehicle entries ;)

Thanks, it is fixed now

The new upload also contains a new shelter collision mesh: one that does a much better job of stopping gunfire from damaging a fighter inside the shelter.

One line was changed in the types.ini files.

Edited by gerwin