Stary

Battle of Britain terrain visual update (preview)

Battle of Britain terrain visual update (preview)

Gepard's "Battle of Britain" and "Battle of Britain in the 60s and the 70s" terrains visual update.

version 0.9 preview: 24 of April, 2013

NOTE: For modern computers with at least 768 MB (1 GB+ preferable) of video memory.

This is new set of hand-drawn 2048x2048 tiles and associated .TOD objects for Gepard's "Battle of Britain 1.4" (and it's

modernized version) terrain.

You can download these great maps here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/5203-battle-of-britain-terrain-version-14/

http://combatace.com/files/file/10371-battle-of-britain-terrain-for-the-60th-and-70th/

Right now it's sort of preview, with only summer set included (more below) as the size of the tiles makes it very big

upload.

Tweaked longer-range fading trees .fx shader included, best to play with ObjectsFade=FALSE and DetailMeshSize=8 or more

(user's system depending, included screenshots taken with DetailMeshSize=10) however I take no responsibility for any damage caused to your system by setting too high values and frying your GPU.

New waternormal.bmp for your kinky Channel-crossing (Cross-chanelling?) pleasures included.

To install follow your instincts. Modified ini files for the "60s and 70s" version of the terrain included.

Also I have included the core ini files made to generate in Terrain Editor the .TOD objects, experiment at your own risk (yet better don't!)

Knows bugs/issues:

As stated above, just summer set at the moment, more might follow.Given the engine limitations and the way the map was

created, not that accurate from farmer's point of view (english landscape differs from french one IRL) and I generously gave myself

full artistic license to improvise things (read: make them up) as I went with the project.

No buildings in cities, as I refuse to kill the immersion of this terrain modification with stone-age tech box-type TOD objects. Blame

Thirdwire for doing zip about it throught all these years.

"Fair Use" CombatAce license apply. NOT to be included in (or reused for) any kind of payware addon/product without my

authorization. You can tweak/modify and re-upload this set just give me credits as the original author. BoB map created by Gepard.

Have fun!

Stary

• Like 1

Woah this is really great!

No performance hit here although having previously experimenting with tiles up to 4096x4096 I knew there shouldn't be :wink:

Thanks Brain!

yeah I have no prob with it and I wonder how full GermanyCE tileset would work in 2048

I had let BoB aside mostly for no terrain could fully satisfy me and immerse me into the battle. Now I'm going to play it again, and again. Thanks a lot, and congrats for this new brilliant piece of World. Sad for the lack of buildings, but I'm sure some TOD genius will find himself motivated enough by this piece of art to find a way.

I installed this over the 60s 70s terrain in complete new install(Great Britain)

and got this..ac facing wrong way and double a\c ..

post-1981-0-61198900-1366938490_thumb.jpg

That is something wrong with airfields inis Russo I think

yes, airfield ini mismatch

I'd recommend reinstalling the terrain and then appling this set, works for me (merged jul12)

kk cant fault terrain tho stary...nice

I only wanted BOB terrain to use yours lol...I ll probably delete all ww2 objects etc...and debug runway and try n fix it.

Edited by russouk2004

i have the same problem as Russouk , i just downloaded all the terrains from Gepard and installed the update from Stary ,Excellent work by the way, but the aircraft are allways misaligned to the runway and the AI is on the same possition as the player aircraft

post-15260-0-48900500-1367020944_thumb.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007

what I did with my WW2 version (many moons ago), was extract all the desert aifield inis, drop them into the BoB terrain folder, and changed all the pointers in the targets ini...

like so..

[TargetArea001]

Name=Lympe RAF FC

Position=838009,610794

Radius=5000

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield2.ini

NumSquadrons=1

Target[001].Type=Runway2

Target[001].Offset=0,0

Target[001].Heading=0

except for the airfiled _kurz, of course

what I did with my WW2 version (many moons ago), was extract all the desert aifield inis, drop them into the BoB terrain folder, and changed all the pointers in the targets ini...

except for the airfiled _kurz, of course

Thanks Kevin , i found the error the Desert_Airfield_ini´s are missing in the terrain folder , i added them and the problem is gone

• Like 1

i have the same problem as Russouk , i just downloaded all the terrains from Gepard and installed the update from Stary ,Excellent work by the way, but the aircraft are allways misaligned to the runway and the AI is on the same possition as the player aircraft

Hi, I wanted to know how you solved the problem??  :blackeye:

Hi, I wanted to know how you solved the problem??  black%20eye.gif

as i posted above i added the missing Desert_Airfield_ini´s , i just copy them from an other terrain

as i posted above i added the missing Desert_Airfield_ini´s , i just copy them from an other terrain

All these??

DESERT_AIRFIELD1.ini

DESERT_AIRFIELD2.ini

DESERT_AIRFIELD3.ini

DESERT_AIRFIELD4.ini

DESERT_AIRFIELD5.ini

DESERT_AIRFIELD6.ini

:blink:

Are six??

Edited by AGOSTINO

exactly all 6 of them , if you check they are missing in the "Battle of Britain" and "Battle of Britain 70" folder

yes

Thank you very much!!!!!  clapping.gif.pagespeed.ce.letqCZTOMd.gif

exactly all 6 of them , if you check they are missing in the "Battle of Britain" and "Battle of Britain 70" folder

Danke sehr, mein Freund!!!ok.gif.pagespeed.ce.qOVQHLmZjN.gif