Sign in to follow this  
Dave

The last F-4 departs Davis-Monthan

BAE Systems will convert the aircraft into a QRF-4C drone and eventually deliver the jet to Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.

Waste of beauty. Let it go to Air shows!

• Like 1

It is a real pitty to destroy such a beautiful bird...i understand that training is very important but killing it seems such a waste.....after all air force is like Cronos...eats its children

At least the Phantoms get to go down swinging as FSATs. The Tomcats got shredded.

Some of the QF-4s put up quite a fight. Some survive multiple missile hits and repair cycles before being written off and/or disintegrating. While I would rather see them distributed to museums to be appreciated, it is probably more fitting they go down flying in a blaze of glory while helping make sure the next generation does their job as well as possible.

• Like 2

serving it's country for decades till the bitter end

what a magnificent beast

farewell!

Such a shame. Hopefully she'll put up a good fight so as to say "You're going to miss me when I'm gone."