Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Honesty At Its Finest....NOT!

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

So there you have one of the many reasons we have a subscription option here at CA. But when one encourages behavior like this, it makes me just shake my head. 

kentcol is a long time member here too and knows the deal with paying for bandwidth. What a shame. 

• Like 1

sounds like 'vacation time' for someone...

someone should be ashamed of themselves...

• Like 1

looks like someone can't appreciate the services given to him

but on the other hand, I can't judge kentcol because I don't know if he can afford himself to subscribe..

go easy on them Dave ;)

• Like 2

That´s better than posting stupid stuff like lazercats fighting UFOs until you are an Elite member without limitations, like i did...oh, wait...nevermind

• Like 3

To much Candy these days BAN him! That is from a Premier member! Care less about rank!

Edited by JRP1973
  • Like 1

Well... damn shame... what is 7-10$ for someone.. a daily meal perhaps?
as for me...weell :mellow:  at least I try to contribute. and sometimes I click on banners, it that helps a little

Unleash the eels upon him!

• Like 1

I got an email from kentcol

"Dave

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything like that. I have paid on your site in the past and am a big fan of it. It just seemed like he was in a hurry to get the one file so that's why I suggested that. I see now that it was not the right thing to do and I guess I wasn't thinking. I apologize. So I guess do what you think is right.  Sorry."

As far as I am concerned his apology is accepted. 

• Like 4

So kentcol didn't do things to everyone's liking.  We all have our days when impatience overrides our discretion.  Very nice apology, my boy.  Good on you.

• Like 1

I agree!

thank you kentcol!

• Like 1

Good deal.  It takes character to admit when you're wrong and the test has been met. 

Good on you. 

For the other "gent"..........

• Like 1

Yikes!

I guess all this is my fault. I didn't realize that it would cause such an uproar. In my mind at least...I didn't think that asking for 1 file that was basically made by a modder, that does it for passion not profit, was going to be so bad. Especially since

the file was going to be free in 24 hours again anyway. And no...I didn't register under another name...as you can see by the thread, I got the file a day and a half later. I don't do much simming at all anymore...so I just didn't feel like busting out

the credit card for 1 file. Besides the time needed...part of my frustration with gaming is the over monetizing and DLC whoring that's going on ($5 for a scarf...hello?) as well a online connection requirements for offline play...but these are conversations

for another time...just an overview of why I didn't just start throwing money into the pot when I probably won't be back here for another couple years.

A little irony: I was looking into re-installing Mig Alley as Iv'e been looking for a Korean War era flight sim fix for ages, then I stumbled upon the KAW mod for SF2 and as if in a trance...I found myself entering my PayPal info to sign up here for a month...lol.

Anyway...please don't be too hard on Kentcol...I'm sure he meant well and was just trying to help a fellow member out to get 1 file. If you need to break out the ban hammer...go ahead and swing it my way...I would hope the trial might take a month or so...just long enough for me to gather the KAW mods! lol

Apologies

• Like 3

All is forgiven, and I like that fact that people owned up to their mistakes. 

:biggrin:

methinks you'll be liking the KAW mod ... a certain person busted their balls getting that terrains "just so"

• Like 1

All is forgiven, and I like that fact that people owned up to their mistakes. 

Wait ! Does this mean there won't be any eels being released on said party ? Shame.  Can the mods not release eels  "just for kicks " ?

:biggrin:

methinks you'll be liking the KAW mod ... a certain person busted their balls getting that terrains "just so"

I couldn't help but notice your name on a lot of the KAW mods I was downloading last nigh Wrench. The Korea terrain looks absolutley fantastic! I temporarily screwed it up when I installed Stary's textures and his fix...the airfields had large black areas surrounding them. I might not have done the install properly so I went back to your stock terrain and all is good!clapping.gif.pagespeed.ce.letqCZTOMd.gif  A really great mod overall...kudos to you and all the KAW modders.

I'll join that chorus of kudos to the KAW modders.  Well Done!!