RAF_Louvert

WOFF Verdun Map Completed

Lou, the map is looking great so far IMHO - will you fill out the northeastern bit as well?

I think a Verdun map should go as far as Metz perhaps?

(I'm flying with Jasta 17, and they are based at Metz-Frescaty)

Good Morning All,

It has been crazy here the last couple of weeks between work and the weather but I did manage to find the odd moments to continue with my WOFF Verdun Map project. It is now a relatively complete rectangle with the NE corner going to Metz and far, far beyond, (just for you Olham). :smile:

I've added in still more towns and forest names for reference and made numerous little corrections to various stretches of roadways and rail lines. I have the entire procedure nicely dialed in at this point and while it is still very time consuming the final results are now far more accurate with corrections becoming almost non-existent, (almost).

As always, any and all feedback will be much appreciated as will any corrections that anyone happens to note during their flights navigating from this map.

Enjoy!

Lou

Edited by RAF_Louvert
  • Like 1

Brilliant! I just hope that one day we can add some of the landmarks into the WOFF world.

Cheers,

shredward

...now a relatively complete rectangle with the NE corner going to Metz and far, far beyond, (just for you Olham). :smile:

Great, Lou, thank you for the expansation - Jasta 17, one of my favourite Jasta, lay in Metz-Frescaty for some time.

Which brings me to a possible error: the airfield Metz-Frescaty is S-SW of Metz - you can find it in GoogleMaps.

Could the WW1 field have been so far away?

Thank you Shredward and Olham, glad the map is looking good to you folks.  

Ted, I agree about the landmarks and it would be great to see more of them in WOFF.

Olham, there is an error in the fact that Metz, like most of the large cities in CFS3, is in the wrong spot.  It should be about 8 km to the northwest at that major junction of roads and rail lines.  But I am making this map to be accurate to the WOFF world, errors and all.   :smile:

Edited by RAF_Louvert

PS: for some reason, I cannot save the map graphic from this post.

If I right-click on it, it will only grow larger, but I get no "save graphic".

Am I overlooking something?

I use FIREFOX, but that doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks for the link, ulti!

Lou;

Love the map. I don't have an extra monitor so I'm thinking about getting a large printout to put up on the wall.

Are you finished with it or should I wait?

Cheers mate

Thanks for the kudos theultimat and rjw.  Robert, I intend to push west at least another 10km and east a good 20km, but that will take some time.  And likely I won't be 'done' until I've mapped the entire WOFF Western Front.  Madness, I know.

Lou, you're mad indeed - would we otherwise get on so well with each other here? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.b4aSfC0e_R.gif

Lou

Excellent work as always.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Cheers

Greetings All,

My WOFF Verdun map project is at last completed! Work has kept me away a lot these last few weeks but I was able to sneak in the odd hour here and there so I could wrap this up. I will be taking a short sabbatical from mapping but upon my return I plan to start on the Flanders region simply because so many of you have asked for that one to be next.

WOFF_Verdun_Map_Complete_001.jpg

Happy navigating!

Lou

Edited by RAF_Louvert

Great work and many thanks !  I am flying my french career with Escadrille 69 from Lemmes in April 1916 so I will certainly use it.

C'est incroyable... fantastique. Bien fait, monsieur.

Thanks for the kudos tranquillo and corsaire31, hope the new map serves you both well.

Merci Dej, je suis très heureuse que tu l'aimes!

BTW, my WOFF Flanders map is now a work in progress.

Love the map, Sir.  Thank you for your efforts.  Now I should be able to find my way back home!

Kind regards,

Dave