Sign in to follow this  
Dave

I Need A Project To Do

How about USAFE Phantom units? (inc. RF-4C's)

http://combatace.com/files/file/11754-usafe-skin-pack-1/

http://combatace.com/files/file/11797-32nd-trs-for-mf-rf-4c/

Spinners do you have ravenclaws new F-4's he has some USAFE units in there too. 

http://combatace.com/files/file/13932-f-4e-usaf-pack/

Was there a unit you were looking for?

Sorry fellas I dont 3D Max at all so new aircraft etc are out of the question. 

I am leaning towards some F-4's though using ravenclaws new Phantoms. 

• Like 1

Now that I look at it, ravenclaw as all the E units covered. So much for that. 

Ok, Don't feel like F-15's or Viper's because lord knows I did enough F-16's.

Kevin has the A-7's covered. 

Fudge, I am out of ideas. 

he doesnt have the ANG covered Dave. was planning on covering that myself but much later (after SLUFs and Sierra Phantoms)  and you tend more to all markings on the skin where i prefer using tgas. 

Why not ANG Hogs?  or USAFE Sabres or F-84s?

The decals and tail numbers for FC's B-1B are all pretty wrong, at least the Ellsworth jets. I could provide info to help update the Ellsworth jets and I'm sure FC could probably have the Dyess aircraft covered.

As I recall, you've always loved Crusaders, Dave.

How about giving them some valentine's-treatment?

Of course, there's Crusader's little chubby sister, Corsair II. She likes to wear Navy-dresses, I hear  :biggrin:

Maybe not as sexy as the fighters or attack jets, but how about a range of international skins for Dels' C-130's?

There's scope for lots of terrain appropriate eye candy for populating the airbases in single missions as well as fleshing out the support for various nations in campaigns, and with a such a huge range of different camo schemes you won't get as bored or jaded as you might be skinning the umpteenth grey F-16.

• Like 1

Maybe a good series of skins for the flying cannon? The A-10 both A and C will be great.

Fudge, I am out of ideas.

I may need a tile layer if I can get back into SF enough. Didn't you make the old Libya terrain tiles?

In stepping back a bit into SF again, and working on that fat map, I'm cutting back to 8,000 or 9,000 kms, so I can use standard size 2km tiles. When I firmly decide what I need, I'll poast an update. It should be SF-1 and -2 capable, hopefully.

I can't tile. I tried, yuck.

- - - - -

If you want a really sweet project, get some friends up for south west Pacific map, centered on the Celebes. Its a vastland of mountain jungle islands with strong peaks in TK's terrain engine. Very tropical and its what I experimented with first when I got into the SF years back. With not too many terrain types, and few to no cities, the terrain should be comparatively easy compared to say Europe. Me, I'm back on the big USSR+ map, but not as big.

Some highrez F-15 Agressors would be very cool.

• Like 2

Ok I found a project, going to skin some of Spec's early A-10's. Then so some early B-1's. These are the books I bought. 

hornet-0001.jpg

A What-if French Navy Hornet, that was supposed to replace the Crusader in the 1980's and 1990's until Rafales went online.
That is if we had had intelligent politicians. 

(And I still dream of a Mirage 4000)

will your Hogs be covering the ANG squadrons Dave?  twas a much in the future project,  but will back off if your going for it.

unless you put the markings on the skin.  then i'm totally slapping stickers all over that shit. cause thats how i do things..... :biggrin:

Once again Dave, if you need any help with B-1 stuff, feel free to ask. Though if you're going with early/SAC Bones you may want to try FC first as he may more first hand info for that particular time period.

• Like 1

will your Hogs be covering the ANG squadrons Dave?  twas a much in the future project,  but will back off if your going for it.

unless you put the markings on the skin.  then i'm totally slapping stickers all over that shit. cause thats how i do things..... :biggrin:

Markings on the skin is THE way to go. That way you do not have a folder of 392 decals. The only ones you need are the serial numbers. I always make those decals.

So are you saying that if I am doing the ANG ones and paint the markings on, youre going to redo them without then release those?

CowboyTodd

I may redo my late B-1's as well. Looking at the tail decals, I am underwhelmed by my work.

I have the habit, developed from from when i had my old Compaq w/o much HD space, of doing abunch of decals rather than the skins. Save space tho it is alot of small files to look thru. It also allows for changes over the years, esp. With USN units.

While i was teasing, look at my approach to skins. When i do it, itry to include EVERYONE that flew that bird. So yes i will likely do it, but given real life constraints that wont happen for at least a year. PLUS i am talking stock skins anyhow, where i gather you are not.

Edited by daddyairplanes

No I am using Spec A-10's.

A little adjustments.

Ant does awesome camo work, now if I can get him to the the green Jaws.... 

img00179.JPG

• Like 2