FLOGGER23

And the World Cup has begun

Germany was tired by the 40th minute against Algeria.

A good horse jumps only as high as neccessary. More effort was not neccessary to beat Algeria.

But i agree with you, the german team played a terrible ugly game.

I dont know, wheter you know the old english football crack Gerry Linecker. He said: "Football is a game for 22 players and finaly the germans win."

• Like 1

Germany was tired by the 40th minute against Algeria. They displayed a horrible level of fitness. France on the other hand, is a hyper aggressive, super fit squad. 

Check the statistics:

France vs Nigeria

41     DANGEROUS ATTACKS 37     15 TOTAL ATTEMPTS 8     19 DELIVERIES IN PENALTY AREA 7     23 CLEARANCES 26     340 PASSES COMPLETED 315

Ball possession FRA 49 - NIG 51

Germany vs Algeria

50 DANGEROUS ATTACKS 25     29 TOTAL ATTEMPTS 11     16 DELIVERIES IN PENALTY AREA 2     21 CLEARANCES 19     768 PASSES COMPLETED

Ball posession GER 63 - ALG 37

Sometimes you just can't get it in... ;)

Anyhow so far I only missed Greece vs Costa Rica, and that was by a hair...I'm on the run.

Also the Algerian coach was the head coach of my hometown football club Dinamo Zagreb, he is pretty darn good and while I did expect German team complete and undisputable dominance I knew that guy prepared the Algerians very, VERY well... 

Edited by Brain32

Howard did an amazing job at goalie but the defense just didnt give him any help. Eventually it catches up to you.

Goalie is a hockey term Dave. The proper term would be keeper. Howard did outstanding but the rest of the USA team sucked. Guess they will all go back to their jobs at used record stores.

That was a mad extra time period - Tim Howard was was simply amazing!

Goalie is a hockey term Dave. The proper term would be keeper. Howard did outstanding but the rest of the USA team sucked. Guess they will all go back to their jobs at used record stores.

Too bad I really had a hunch USA will make it vs Belgium and all things considering I wasn't very wrong, just wrong enough unfortunately...

Good news for France, bad news for Germany: Nearly 1/3 of the german team has the flu. I hope they will be fine tomorrow.

• Like 1

So. 
Today, France meet Germany. I am more fond of Belgium, but sometime, the "Union Sacrée" is a duty! It's a very powerfull and symbolic meeting indeed. 

On les aura!

• Like 3

France vs Germany: Time to take revenge at last for the unpunished German aggressive game in 1982. Not through ourselves using aggressive game, of course. This is only sport, played by gentlemen (allegedly).

This is only sport, played by gentlemen (allegedly).

Actually, that's Rugby. Remember the old saying: "Rugby is a barbarian's game played by gentlemen, while football -soccer, if you are from USA- is a gentlemen's game played by barbarians" (or something like that).

Nice game. Nix Allez les bleus. It was Allez les blanc!

As already said, the german team is like a good horse. It jumps only as high as neccessary. And this means Germany is in semifinal and France is flying home.

• Like 1

Germany 1, France 0. Once again, the Panzerdivision has rolled over the Senegalese tirailleurs. Les Bleus had no will to fight, no fear to lose, Benzema was disappointing. One could have expected a burst of pride and a switch of fortunes for the centenary of the 1st Battle of the Marne. But it's over. Now my best wishes to the sympathetic outsiders of Belgium and Costa Rica.

• Like 2

What a unfair second Game today.

More War than Samba...

Yep, Columbia should be banned for the next Worldcup.

Karate for Columbia, theatrical play for Argentina... Where the hell was soccer? Best wishes to poor Neymar, and regarding the Dutchmen on Wednesday, they should beware of the Argentinian falling histrions...

• Like 1

Tja.......

I would like to see Germany vs Nederlands in final. But i fear it will be Brazil vs Argentina.

What did I say about GERMANY!?  :bb:

You are watching pure greatness right now!

I think Brazil have been shocking - 5-0 after 29 mins!! 

7-0  Brazil may turn up in extra time?....germans playing really is excellent...

I still favour Holland to win v argies,and beat germany.

If I was Brazilian,I think after 4th goal I would have left...some have...

Edited by russouk2004

Embarrassing to say the least - felt sorry for them.

The consolation goal at the end doesn't really make up for that on your home turf

Commentator said Brazil hadn't lost a home competitive match for 40 years!!