All I can see are the default SF2 campaigns. I followed the install instructions to the letter and I have a full merged install with NA and both the Expansion Packs.

if ya have followed the steps u shouldn't be able to see the default campaigns anymore (but instead the korean campaigns, so at least 2 things gone wrong)!... Plz recheck the steps.

5. Mod specific .ini configs

a. In your SF2 installation directory where all the game .exe resides, make a copy of StrikeFighters2 Israel.ini (or any other similar ini) and rename it StrikeFighters2 Korea.ini. Open the newly created .ini and find the following:

[Directory]

CampaignsDirectory=Campaigns

And change it to:

CampaignsDirectory=C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Korea\Campaigns\

*Please do not just copy paste this line but replace [username] with whatever’s set on your PC.

This step is to prevent stock campaigns from displaying which can sometimes cause problems.

Yep, already did that:

[Directory]
SystemDirectory=Core
MenuDirectory=Menu
MissionControlDirectory=Flight
FlightDirectory=Flight
ObjectDirectory=Objects
TerrainDirectory=Terrains
SoundDirectory=Sounds
SpeechDirectory=Speech
ControlDirectory=Controls
ScreenShotsDirectory=ScreenShots
MissionsDirectory=Missions
CampaignsDirectory=C:\Users\corey\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Korea\Campaigns
PilotDataDirectory=PilotData
NetCacheDirectory=NetCache

The only thing I can think of is that the space is causing issues with the filepath?

uhm, do u see any default campaigns in your "C:\Users\corey\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Korea\Campaigns" directory... -> obviously there should be none but only the addon korean campaigns. so why are u seeing the default campaigns in game? obviously this doesn't connect! check typos/name mismatches/file path errors.

Edited by Do335

Ok, got it figured. It was a filepath problem -- the space in "StrikeFighters2 Korea" was causing the issue: C:\Users\corey\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Korea\Campaigns

I changed the application name and corresponding directory to "StrikeFighters2Korea" (oneword) and the campaigns are showing up now: C:\Users\corey\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2Korea\Campaigns

Hopefully this will help out someone else if they have the same issue.

Thanks again.

Edited by CoreyD

This is my first comment so I am very sorry if I break any rules but, when i try to launch a campaign it will load to 80% then quit. I've tried several things but have had no sucess. Any help would be heavily apperciated.

usually a sign that some required item isnt found....make sure you have everything and in right places and retry..others who know more might respond...

42 minutes ago, yieaper said:

I've made sure everything is installed correctly but it still quits at 80%

Never mind I got it.

• Like 1

I have 2 Issues as of now, My game is still crashing at 80% when I try to load a single mission or campaign on the korean terrain  however If I use the Israel terrain it loads just fine. The 2nd occures when I try to use any carrier-borne plane and look at the map it doesn't show the carrier group and it also shows my squadron in the very bottom left.

make sure korean terrain ini is looking for the proper .cat file...

like so..

this is my Korea3 entry  ignore commented out lines.

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat
CatFile=GermanyCE.cat
//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

14 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

not sure if double entry is cause...try

CatFile=GermanyCE.cat

Tried it but no success, got any thing else I could try?

not sure...maybe remove it and redo and might fix it....sounds like its missing summat.

from the original terrain's main ini

[Terrain]
TerrainFullName=Korea (V3)
DataFile=korea3_data.INI
TargetFile=korea3_targets.INI
TargetTypeFile=korea3_types.INI
MovementFile=korea3_movement.INI
NationsFile=korea3_nations.INI
BriefingText=korea3_briefing.INI
DogfightFile=korea3_dogfight.INI
DogfightOnly=FALSE
CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat
Longitude=126.0
Latitude=37.0
WaterMap=korea3_Water.bmp
GroundObjectTexture=Green
LimitedNations=TRUE
NavalMap=TRUE

5 hours ago, Wrench said:

from the original terrain's main ini

[Terrain]
TerrainFullName=Korea (V3)
DataFile=korea3_data.INI
TargetFile=korea3_targets.INI
TargetTypeFile=korea3_types.INI
MovementFile=korea3_movement.INI
NationsFile=korea3_nations.INI
BriefingText=korea3_briefing.INI
DogfightFile=korea3_dogfight.INI
DogfightOnly=FALSE
CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat
Longitude=126.0
Latitude=37.0
WaterMap=korea3_Water.bmp
GroundObjectTexture=Green
LimitedNations=TRUE
NavalMap=TRUE

same as mine and modded one.

Guys, none of your suggestions can solve the issues this user is having. First of all, by the screenshots I see, the user only has got SF2 Israel, while the KAW mod requires at least SF2 Vietnam and SF2 Europe as well. First of all, it requires SF2 Europe, because the Korean terrain references the stock GermanyCE.cat, and that means that certain specific objects, only present in that .cat archive, are used on the terrain. Using another .cat from another terrain won't suffice, it can and will result to missing objects and CTDs. I am pretty sure the user also misses some other stock functions, I don't see why his carrier-borne unit in the campaign does not spawn from the carrier, which is obviously missing. Maybe the campaign uses the Naval functions of SF2 North Atlantic, which the user does not have. No point in providing such suggestions if he does not meet the mod's requirements.

Last but not least, crashes are pretty common in huge mods such as this. There's no easy way to debug the game and find all bugs that need to be addressed. Most crashes are usually terrain related, and the causes are multiple, be it outdated ground objects, wrong target area numbers, missing _types.ini objects and much more.

Edited by Menrva

57 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Guys, none of your suggestions can solve the issues this user is having. First of all, by the screenshots I see, the user only has got SF2 Israel, while the KAW mod requires at least SF2 Vietnam and SF2 Europe as well. First of all, it requires SF2 Europe, because the Korean terrain references the stock GermanyCE.cat, and that means that certain specific objects, only present in that .cat archive, are used on the terrain. Using another .cat from another terrain won't suffice, it can and will result to missing objects and CTDs. I am pretty sure the user also misses some other stock functions, I don't see why his carrier-borne unit in the campaign does not spawn from the carrier, which is obviously missing. Maybe the campaign uses the Naval functions of SF2 North Atlantic, which the user does not have. No point in providing such suggestions if he does not meet the mod's requirements.

Last but not least, crashes are pretty common in huge mods such as this. There's no easy way to debug the game and find all bugs that need to be addressed. Most crashes are usually terrain related, and the causes are multiple, be it outdated ground objects, wrong target area numbers, missing _types.ini objects and much more.

I just know uninstalled the game and I am going to retry it with SF2 Europe, but I did not notice anything strange wth the sky.

You did not have to uninstall SF2 Israel. You need all three games installed, SF2 Vietnam + SF2 Israel + SF2 Europe. If you also have SF2 North Atlantic, install that as well.

Just now, Menrva said:

You did not have to uninstall SF2 Israel. You need all three games installed, SF2 Vietnam + SF2 Israel + SF2 Europe. If you also have SF2 North Atlantic, install that as well.

Got it, thanks.

I seem to recall in my original read me, that "full 5 merged install plus expansion packs" is clearly stated. You NEED NA for the CV ops; in fact it's suggested you build your KAW mods folder FROM a copy of NA exe.

What Do335 did, I can't recall, as I never d/led his full mod. After spending nearly 5 years on it from the beginning ... well, you get the picture. I hope

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

I seem to recall in my original read me, that "full 5 merged install plus expansion packs" is clearly stated. You NEED NA for the CV ops; in fact it's suggested you build your KAW mods folder FROM a copy of NA exe.

What Do335 did, I can't recall, as I never d/led his full mod. After spending nearly 5 years on it from the beginning ... well, you get the picture. I hope

I have gotten the campaign and single mission to work do to the 3 of you. I heavily appreciate you all taking time out of your day to help a rando on the internet.It really means alot to me.

• Like 2