TU-104 Camel

Tu-104
The Tupolev Tu-104 (NATO reporting name: Camel) was a twin-engined medium-range narrow-body turbojet-powered Soviet airliner and the world's first successful jet airliner. Although it was the sixth jet airliner to fly (following, in order, the British Vickers Type 618 Nene-Viking, de Havilland Comet , Canadian Avro Canada C102 Jetliner, US Boeing 367-80 and French Sud Caravelle), the Tu-104 was the second to enter regular service (with Aeroflot) and the first to provide a sustained and successful service (the Comet which had entered service in 1952, was withdrawn from 1954-1958 following a series of crashes due to structural failure). The Tu-104 was the sole jetliner operating in the world between 1956 and 1958.

Made mostly for eye candy ( Rivet counters beware):P

Model: Veltro2k
Cockpit: Kesselbrut
install in Objects/aircraft folder

THIS MODEL IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

• Like 3

Man, do you ever use Walkarounds of the planes you build?

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/vojta_micek/tu-104a/

http://www.familie-wimmer.com/hobby/hr16/modelle/tu-104/index-s1.html(use even plastic models to investigate areas)

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/walkarounds/avia/civil_and_sport_avia/tu-104ak/    14 sites alone with detailed pics of the plane

Your engines are still to high

Your jedspinner sits still 2m or more infront of its orignal position

Dude ... realy I starting to become desperate  

Look at the end of the engines, the height and the shape of it and compare it with WALKAROUNDS

AEROFLOT%20TU-104%20CAMEL_zpsg3zg39dl.jp

here is the tail section

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/walkarounds/avia/civil_and_sport_avia/tu-104ak/44.jpg.html

Are you looking for quantity? Or quality?

I am the only guy here on CA who is showing you stuff you can improve, nobody else is talking to you like me... makes me angry.

My Grandpa told me, do it right or let it be ... i beg you to do your stuff right you are talented but you trough your time away releasing stuff like this .. sorry to say 

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

@ Eole

I understand you, but i was in contact with him about the Tu-95, it was a long process, still many areas to work on, i also asked for the max file to help him, his answer was ... "released as is" 

I dont care about a 3D mesh or what ever, but if you ignore walkarounds, detailed pics and just rely on bad 3 side views, so what else can expect.

Yesterday, after over a year, i have found some bugs on my Fitter, no one saw them before. I send out planes for testing, collecting bugreports, rework it, send out again .. waiting for new bugreports. I realy want them, I need feedback. I want that my testers find something, bad shape, bad animation, bad mapping, just something i have overseen. And im realy thankfull for the guys who are sending me bugreports. 

Thats why it takes so long to finish a plane, even Enoc called me a "crazy guy" Cause I wanted some areas with a special paint/effect, countless repaints, remaps and so on. At the end, I have learned alot about mapping, modeling and Enoc is thankfull for my continious demands on improving stuff, he learned new methods to achieve our goal. We spend endless hours together chatting about stuff. We stay in a daily contact and coordinating stuff with the crew.

We are now 5 or 6 guys who are working together on projects and im happy with the crew, they are far better than me in many cases, but im still learning. 

And thats exactly why, I am frustrated, seeing Ed releasing stuff like the 104 in that "condition"....

The guy is talented, but has no patience and thats sad

Veltro2k has provided a significant number of constantly improving models to the community over the years.  I have been here long enough to remember Velto2k's initial adventures in 3D modeling, and have been thoroughly impressed at his continuing efforts to give us FOR FREE better and better models with each release.  It has been some time since I took Psychology 101, but I vaguely seem to remember that poking someone in the eye will not necessarily motivate them to modify their behavior in a manner which you desire......

Thank you Veltro2k for your most generous and appreciated efforts to make our small community a more enjoyable world!

• Like 4

@ Neverenough

Im also for a long time here, and i know how V2K improved his work, I realy welcome it and he knows it.

But I do not celebrate everything what the folks release, like most of the guys here do. I life in a place in the world, where its normal and on a daily basis to see stuff with a critical eye, give feedback and refine stuff. 

Im not the one who "loves every poly, even a flying brick" If there is a problem, lets point it out, work together and dont feel pissed off.

If you compare "just an example" the Tu-104, a plane i realy like, V2K did a great job on the front, the wings, the gears and so on. But still messed of the engines, even the position of the jetblades (Isend him references) Are still at the wrong position, the whole engines sits to high and the backside of them is totaly wrong.

Even Ravenclaw, the perfection himself, recieves PM`s from me and we are discussing stuff. He reviews my stuff and I do it with some of his work. 

If you send someone references, offers help, talking on PM`s and you still get ignored, is it poking in the eye???

• Like 1

The Strike Fighters community is a very broad church and there should be room for everyone - especially someone like Ed who brings a huge variety of aircraft to the community including some wonderfully esoteric types like the VL Myrsky and the Ambrossini SS4. 

Ed really does not deserve such open criticism and especially not in the thread in which he gave us the Tu-104! 

Martin - I understand your motives but your open and over strong criticism leaves a very sour taste.

• Like 1

First of all I want to thank the people who have supported and encouraged me from the beginning :clapping: My time is getting more limited every passing day.......the aircraft that I have released recently have been on my drive for quite some time now, and I have 3 other projects who I handed off to people like Flogger23 ( Mig-31- TU-160) and  Paulo-Wrench and others ( Iskra -venom NF-Magister..There was another time that I was so discouraged that I erased all my source files and stopped modding , but I was encouraged to come back by some great people...But real life is slowing me down and my modding days are growing very short. Again I have no formal training and everything has been learned on my own time, and by myself. To this day I still don't consider myself in parr with the rest of the modders in here and I don't think I ever will. Anyway..as I said time is very rare to dedicate to modding. A wise modder once said in this forum " If you don't like it, build it your self" and your free to do so...I have no problems with that,,case in point My Voodoo and others that I have scrapped because more experienced modders started the same project and did a hell of a job may I add. :clapping: When something comes up on the radio or Tv that I don't like, I don't complain to the stations, I just turn it off or got to another station that i like . If I'm not mistaking, I'm not forcing anyone to download and use my Mods :crazy:  :dance: Or charging a lot of money for my time and work. With time I will make some improvements to pre released aircraft but until then those words of that modder still hold true :buba:

Edited by Veltro2k
  • Like 11

On a somewhat different note: great memories on the Tu-104 when Aeroflot started flying to Amsterdam/Schiphol back in the '50's: saw F-100's and Hunters doing practice intercepts on the Badger look-alike in the airways (engaging  AB in the F-100 gives a very nice effect on the contrails) but the real funny thing was that it regularly wandered all over the place and flew by at maybe 2000ft because of "technical problems" and through binoculars one could see the Russky in the glazed nose with his camera's taking pics of just about everything.....  :blind:  :biggrin:  Those were the days comrades !!!!!!

Nice job anyway Veltro.... and BTW: I work as a volunteer museum giude at our new National Military Museum at your good old Soesterberg homebase with a lot of 32 Sq stuff still in place (F86, F110, F102, F4 and F15 and most of Camp New Amsterdam, including the Zulu hangar...)

Edited by Derk
  • Like 1

as some folks have mentioned the lack of 'distance lods', I came up with this idea (below). Now, I haven't had a chance to test this, as I'm busy trying to get the next set of Beaufighters done and out...but, here goes...

as the Tu-16 is pretty much part of all base SF2 installs (excpeting stock SF2V, but IS availalbe due the merging of cats), one can give this a try

backup the main Tu-104.ini, for safety. Then, copy/paste the statements below over the existing lod listings:

[LOD001]
Filename=TU-104.lod
Distance=500

[LOD002]
Filename=Tu-16_lod2.lod
Distance=1200

[LOD003]
Filename=Tu-16_lod3.lod
Distance=2000

[LOD004]
Filename=Tu-16_lod4.lod
Distance=3500

[LOD005]
Filename=Tu-16_lod5.lod

Distance=23000

PLEASE experiment with the varying distances -- these are just 'WAGs' I did from the Badger's main ini.

This should help with some of the visual stuff (maybe help with frame rates? :dntknw: ). Anyone that does test it, please report back, either here or in the main Mods/Skinning thread

Veltro2K and i are in the business of making planes the best we can and have fun doing it i like to think that we did our  best possible job every time we upload something and Veltro2K upload tons of stuff some better so worst that life! but he and i did give something for others to play whit and we gave our very best i recall some times remaking a fuselage or a wing sereval times until its to my liking i imagine Veltro2k does the same.

i dint work alot in 2015 only got back to modeling planes in november some days after my mother died on my arms did beacouse its the one thing that i knew that would make happy and not think or feel sad all the time its a way to make life go on has it should go on i did giving my best possible but also not seeking perfection i have enough problems has it his i dont and i think its the same in his on manner

whit Veltro2k need add more unnecessary problems beacouse i want perfect models that we never leave my HD or take years on end to do so(i konw  stuff on HD for years but thats mi im an  unfocused guy).

to finish wend i started modeling some years ago i was to do it for fun above all.

Cocas

Daniel

Edited by cocas
  • Like 3

Cocas (Daniel),

Thank you and Veltro2k for the aircraft you have both provided over the years.

My friend, my mother passed away in 2005 after my first deployment to Iraq, I understand (may you have peace).

Salute to you and Veltro2k!

Krfrge

I think that you are looking for a perfect Tu-104 Camel, or anything else, the only way to have is get a real one.

Too big for Your garden? It's what a friend of mine said about an F-104 he found and took a steam loco fit for his garden .... and now is the president of Pistoia Historic FS Rail deposit.

Ettore gifted this one.

Not perfect? Perhaps, but he made and shared. We can live and ... fly with it.

Maybe he will upgrade in future, if someone will not hurt him so hard to throw away all his works ... 

Last time it happened we lost the two seater F-102, the Meteor NF.14 base to easy make most needed NF.11-12-13, the IL-14 he made for me (!!) and so on...

I'm still very angry about this.

He made so many models for us. Maybe not all so perfect (?) but he did.

On the other side there are/was too many waporware, planes finished but never uploaded, sometimes because perhaps an endless rivet counting ....

I remember in years a CF-100 (we need it mostly),  two seater F-100,lighting and hunter, a nortlass, a buckeye, a new Mig-25, the Impala, the SF-260, a new F-104, a new G-91, a Su-7U,  a new Su-17 and so on ...

My two cents are: make your planes, don't make (mod)wars. We need peace. This is (only) our beloved hobby.

Happy new Year to all of you my friends.

Edited by paulopanz
  • Like 7

+1

• Like 4

76...you do have valid points and the amount of refs out there are more than enough to complete the details.  You have to consider the modeller, his time, does it look good enough for him, his skill level, ability etc.  I wish I had the ability to sort out 3DS Max and make some small basic things but I don't have the interest to learn it which is unfortunate for me.

It might be a bit more of your style of criticism delivered with the grace of a sledge hammer I think that isn't being effective is all.  I know from personally working with Veltro many many years ago and it was a screen resolution that drastically affected his modelling in scale and appearance.  But it took a while to get that point sorted out.

Makes a nice target as someone I know says. :)

Happy New Year.

Edited by 10107

What's the point here?

You're commenting in the TU-104 file announcement thread, so the model is released and available, for those who want to enjoy it.

And I think that somebody who has something to say might be able to do so. The comments were about the model.

The modder had made a reply himself to the criticism made.

But in the process WE are losing two things :

- nice models

- ability to communicate about those nice models

And believe me I'm really holding myself back...

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure it won't work :boredom:
Unfortunately the lower LODs have to share exactly the same Node Names, or else they won't show up...

as some folks have mentioned the lack of 'distance lods', I came up with this idea (below). Now, I haven't had a chance to test this, as I'm busy trying to get the next set of Beaufighters done and out...but, here goes...

as the Tu-16 is pretty much part of all base SF2 installs (excpeting stock SF2V, but IS availalbe due the merging of cats), one can give this a try

[LOD001]
Filename=TU-104.lod
Distance=500

[LOD002]
Filename=Tu-16_lod2.lod
Distance=1200

[LOD003]
Filename=Tu-16_lod3.lod
Distance=2000

[LOD004]
Filename=Tu-16_lod4.lod
Distance=3500

[LOD005]
Filename=Tu-16_lod5.lod

Distance=23000

Edited by DaniloE31

ah, bummer!!

well, one COULD extract them from the 1stGen cats (or pre-locked st2), rename them and drop them into the Tu-104's main folder...