JungleThing

PKK shootdown a Turkish Forces helicopter with MANPADS

Wow!

Guess Johnny Turk needs to choose a side!

That was a Blackhawk too!

Really.... Holy fuck!

Edited by CrazyhorseB34
  • Dislike 1

SHOT OUT.....GOOD KILL....GOOD KILL

• Dislike 1

:( feeling sorry for the hapless chopper. doesn't even pop flares and a hard crash.

Sorry, my comment was maybe a little tasteless even though I am not overly fond of the Turks, the poor buggers in the Chopper didn't know what hit 'em .

There died some people, son`s, fathers .... i start to hate this shit 

a sad moment

I guess this is war. No matter who starts it, it always comes down to this, death and more death. It's hard not to hate this shit.

• Like 3

Would like to know where did they got their Iglas from?

It could be a Russian gift for the rebels (a way to retaliate the Turks for having shot down the su-24)?

I'm not happy to hear about any pilot's death - but the Turks have really worked hard to be hated by pretty much everyone. They should have fought against terrorism -  any words about Turkey fighting against daesh is premium quality bullshit, and means they were actually bombing kurds instead.

Well I have to say - that was a really graphic illustration of how effective Shoulder Launched Surface to Air Missiles are against slow moving aircraft like helicopters. I'm sorry for the crew, but clearly they were caught by surprise. No flares released, and the pilot didn't appear to take aggressive evasive action to avoid the missile. Surely his on-board warning systems would have alerted him to the launch of the missile. Was he hoping the missile would just miss, or what.???

About 4 seconds from launch to impact means that even if they saw it they had little time to do anything other than put out flares......and they are probably dependent on automatic systems working here really.

It looks like it's banking to the left when they fire........this would reduce the pilot view and you wonder if any IR turret (if there was one ) has less of a view (depending on gimbal limits).

Maybee it was not fitted with warning systems or perhaps the aircraft warning systems were not working properly. I still think that helicopter pilot must have had some kind of warning / alarm going off as most combat aircraft and helicopters which are deployed in a combat role today are fitted with them. If this was the case then It is just crazy to send a slow moving target like a helicopter into a battle-field situation with no ECM or protection systems. !!!