I decided to try again my luck and currently I search for skilled people who could design, let's say...a Tu-160 ? There might be a small team, if I am lucky enough which will take the job and let's hope I won't fail you again , like in the last summer. More about the subject after the new year main holiday. Let me know what you think folks.

• Like 2

Veltro's had a Blackjack (mostly) done for several years. It's just that no one stepped forward to assist him in bringing over the threshold. 

Don't know what's it's state is now, as he's been absent for some time (months)

Hmmm... How can I help then ? Should I approach Veltro by myself ? An incentive , something would work ? :)

On 24.12.2018 at 8:27 PM, Wrench said:

Veltro's had a Blackjack (mostly) done for several years. It's just that no one stepped forward to assist him in bringing over the threshold. 

Don't know what's it's state is now, as he's been absent for some time (months)

I guess Coupi knows a bit more. 

well I wasn't able to reach Veltro2k to ask him about his blackjack, I guess he is busy in real life (who isn't !?), so I decided, after consulting with my new project team, to get the show on the road. But this time, and I mean it, I really need YOUR help, especially from people who know how the SF2 engine works and  what to ask/expect from a SF2 aircraft. So please come forward and feel free to  tell me, in details, what exactly you would  like to see , as features,  in this new plane I want to build. After sorting all the details and requests with you, the community, I will pass the folder to the building team, so let's don't waste time. Thank you for your time!

PS - for who is interested there will be a version for SF1, as well.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, UllyB said:

and  what to ask/expect from a SF2 aircraft. So please come forward and feel free to  tell me, in details, what exactly you would  like to see , as features,  in this new plane I want to build.

SF2 is not DCS or even FS. So you can't expect much from an airplane.  Just- proper model, nicely uvwmapped,  so it can have nice detailed skin, Reasonable amount of detail, simple basic animations like gear shocks, wings, flaps, slats etc etc...and most important proper dedicated cockpit.

Yes I know we can use some other.. But again -  will say it again we have 2019 -  still in this game with buzzylions of mods and how many of them have a proper pit. So for me after years of playing / deleting / downloading -  proper pit for aircraft is MUST. 

• Like 1

Just bear in mind that the more you ask for the less you'll get, unless someone is going to get some serious money for their efforts. 

Unless you model proffesionally anybody will eventually get bored of making something they have no real intrest in, to a professional moddler building a plane for an out of date pc game is less attractive than putting together a scene that could be used in a tv advert or something like.

I have a friend in this very business, it's his day job so he wont do anything out of hours.....not even for me. He did once start a Sea Vixen for me then once I started saying can you change this or that he lost intrest & gave up , just because the drawings you find online look ok, once building has started things can look way off.

If you want someone that will build your plane AND a pit for it.....well good luck. Making this stuff is one thing, having to go back to the moddler time and time again to get something changed to actually work in a game is a different kind of person.

If a "proper" pit is a must then please dont download anything I produce as I'm just not that good.

Sorry if this sounded too negative, It's just how I see things going.

• Like 2

sorry guys, there will be NO cockpit. It would take too long (to do a proper one) and second it would cost more than the plane model. Take into account that I want a 3D decent aircraft and   it will fly in both worlds. Yeah, I know some of you moved on and SF1 died fo you...

Please state your demands in plain English, explaning what an acronym means. I personally don't make 3D models (let alone that I don''t play SF2 series to see all the gizmos effects there) and I am not an English native speaker so I have no idea what you are saying when you write down acronyms.

Appreciate your thoughts. I will do my best to get the job done.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

I will be "on station" for one month. After that I pick all the info from this thread, if any and pass it to the team. If you don't have anything to say precise, I will leave it all to the team (the team has some experience, they did planes in the past), BUT...please, don't complaint AFTER, that the plane doesn't have that or it doesn't do this, the land gear is too small, is not realistic  etc, alright ? I seriously invite you, all to come forward to give me solid info and this it will reflect into the product. If you don't take me seriously, the product might let down many of you. I can take more time for documentation here, through YOU, if you ask that and you need that. I just wanna make something worth of this community, something to match the quality of many aircraft that lay in the download section, all I need is little help from you and from your experience building/modding 3D models.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:38 AM, yakarov79 said:

SF2 is not DCS or even FS. So you can't expect much from an airplane.  Just- proper model, nicely uvwmapped,  so it can have nice detailed skin, Reasonable amount of detail, simple basic animations like gear shocks, wings, flaps, slats etc etc...and most important proper dedicated cockpit.

Yes I know we can use some other.. But again -  will say it again we have 2019 -  still in this game with buzzylions of mods and how many of them have a proper pit. So for me after years of playing / deleting / downloading -  proper pit for aircraft is MUST. 

After thinking a bit, I might take into consideration a proper cockpit, but after this project is done, not ...before. But if you do really want that (a new cockpit), please help me and indicate me a person who knows and WANTS to do this kind of project. If you have someone in  mind and if the price is right, I might, as I said, consider this and i will pay for it. I also encourage the whole community, if you know someone who can do a cockpit, have experience in doing it  and wants to do itt, just say his name and i'll take care of details later.

Hey @UllyB  frankly with so many airplanes just having a helmet mounted display and you having problems with a Virtual Cockpit/VC, just get a relatively accurate Tu-160 bomber in the SF2 sim please.  I'm sure there is a B-1B VC will work just fine for those that want a VC.

Just my thoughts.

or mosquito pit.. generally it is also a fast bomber. 

@UllyB keep it going. 

On 2/3/2019 at 2:11 AM, UllyB said:

After thinking a bit, I might take into consideration a proper cockpit, but after this project is done, not ...before. But if you do really want that (a new cockpit), please help me and indicate me a person who knows and WANTS to do this kind of project. If you have someone in  mind and if the price is right, I might, as I said, consider this and i will pay for it. I also encourage the whole community, if you know someone who can do a cockpit, have experience in doing it  and wants to do itt, just say his name and i'll take care of details later.

Thing is just a few modders here...and mostly lazzy ones. 

But seriously all of them are occupied by own projects....so convincing can be a challenge.  I know someone who would do such a thing because it's fun but he is mostly into silly choppers and strange stuff...and for sure not on the red side of the game. 

• Haha 7

Today the project has gathered all the data it needs to be a quality product. In other words, my dream, to make and offer to the COMBATEACE community an aircraft, is gaining momentum. I will try to keep you updated how the work is going. I hope I still have your support.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UllyB said:

Today the project has gathered all the data it needs to be a quality product. In other words, my dream, to make and offer to the COMBATEACE community an aircraft, is gaining momentum. I will try to keep you updated how the work is going. I hope I still have your support.

You certainly do!

• Like 1

Today I have some pictures for you from the development team. I apologize that they are in an archive on other site (see my PS). As you can notice (I wanted to be a surprise) the team is doing its best to implement the original rotating cruise missile bays. Enjoy!

https://files.fm/u/kc94uuhg

PS - I used this method and not direct on this page because I keep getting the message that I can publish 64kb only. I don't know what it means but if it's website related I would ask nicely a moderator to solve this for me. Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UllyB said:

Today I have some pictures for you from the development team. I apologize that they are in an archive on other site (see my PS). As you can notice (I wanted to be a surprise) the team is doing its best to implement the original rotating cruise missile bays. Enjoy!

https://files.fm/u/kc94uuhg

PS - I used this method and not direct on this page because I keep getting the message that I can publish 64kb only. I don't know what it means but if it's website related I would ask nicely a moderator to solve this for me. Thank you

Great work so far, let me add the photos below from the file:

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by JosefK
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This project is looking terrific! I'm never been much of a fan of flying red side other than the old Flanker 2 videogame, but the Blackjack has always impressed and intrigued me. Does the team really want to attempt the cockpit though? I viewed this Image of the cockpit on the wiki page and it looks damn complex! Correct me if I'm wrong, but this jet has instrumentation and controls that are considerably more advanced than any flyable aircraft in the game. I wouldn't know what kind of modding effort is required, but that image just looks intimidating.

Edited by Arrow

The instrumentation is not more advanced than what we have in game or in 3rd party pits, the only thing we lack, are several functions, that are not modeled in our game's code. So even, if we can build any high-tech pit in 3D, the game will not support it as was not meant to be a DCS level tech fidelity. Based on that pic the only "area" we would come short are several warning lights and some of the item specific switches/levers...

20 hours ago, Arrow said:

I viewed this Image of the cockpit on the wiki page and it looks damn complex! Correct me if I'm wrong, but this jet has instrumentation and controls that are considerably more advanced than any flyable aircraft in the game. I wouldn't know what kind of modding effort is required, but that image just looks intimidating.

Yes few things for sure can't be implemented in game..but this cockpit is not much complex. Gauges and buttons. Like any other pit. 

OK  cool; good to hear and best of luck with this project.

Something I'm wondering...if being an 80's era bomber means the only missiles it can mount are A-G cruise missiles?  Or in other words, will this aircraft only be able to use the simple A-G targeting and weapon avionics in SF2, as opposed to the more sophisticated targeting and acquisition we have for A-A missiles in the F-15 or F-14?  And would it possibly have something like a CCIP?

1 hour ago, Arrow said:

OK  cool; good to hear and best of luck with this project.

Something I'm wondering...if being an 80's era bomber means the only missiles it can mount are A-G cruise missiles?  Or in other words, will this aircraft only be able to use the simple A-G targeting and weapon avionics in SF2, as opposed to the more sophisticated targeting and acquisition we have for A-A missiles in the F-15 or F-14?  And would it possibly have something like a CCIP?

There's actually in the Tu-160 an optical bombsight that functions much like a CCIP below the nose - designation OPB-15T.  Just like the Tu-22M3.  Very nice backup... 

18 hours ago, JosefK said:

There's actually in the Tu-160 an optical bombsight that functions much like a CCIP below the nose - designation OPB-15T.  Just like the Tu-22M3.  Very nice backup... 

I wasn't aware of that sight, although I might very well of seen its listing when I viewed the Blackjack's detail page in a strategy game I play called Command Modern Air Naval Operations.

Can something like that bombsight be modeled with accurately with the SF2 game engine? And if possible, where will you locate it in the cockpit? 

Edited by Arrow
  • Like 1