Hello everyone, has someone added a 3d element to an existing cockpit using the false pilot method ??? I want to make a modification to cockpit by putting elements and making them visible through the line "open cockpit = true", but I want to know the experience of some of you

Edited by PeacePuma
bad translate

If you add a fake pilot part to the external model and place it properly in the pit then it will appear without any problem.

I have made a lot of fake pilots, pods, pylons, etc. all are visible from the cockpit slung under a wing. So I do not see any problem in making such a part and placing it in the cockpit. 

Just remember you can not add a fake pilot into the cockpit model.

• Like 1

Thanks Jarek for your answer, this is what I plan to do, a small modification (only eye candy) of the cockpit of the mig 29 sm / smp ..., the mdf screen can be given other functions perhaps ... later I upload photos of the 3d in progress

image.thumb.png.ed3abc8562ca0b9544dd084e0565dc14.png

I don't think that's possible, unless you have the MAX files. Adding something like a picture (girlfriend type) was done in 1stGen. But what you describe, I highly doubt it.

don't forget, cockpits are a seperat model from the aircraft, and the 2 really don't meet

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

I don't think that's possible, unless you have the MAX files. Adding something like a picture (girlfriend type) was done in 1stGen. But what you describe, I highly doubt it.

don't forget, cockpits are a seperat model from the aircraft, and the 2 really don't meet

Thanks... I hope I am not disappointed with my idea yet (although I may be wrong) :dntknw: ... I don't want to add a fake pilot line to the cockpit ini or something like that ... I just want to add a cockpit element to the external model and move them into the hole ... I do not know if these, when leaving the cockpit open in the data, will be entered in the view of the same, since sometimes they see the refueling probe but here I hope that the 3d is forced into the model ... i don't know if it will work ... i still try

Edited by PeacePuma

Yes, what you suggest is possible. I did it with the canopy bow in the cockpit of the Mitsubishi F-2.

The main issue you might get is with the clipping distance. Depending on how close the items are to the PoV they may disappear as you pan around the cockpit.

Also, you'll get the standard issues with the open cockpit (smoke inside the cockpit).

Dels

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 1309mariano
      Hey, it's me again! Thanks to Bazillius I was able to solve the HUD problem. Now, I have another problem: the canards of the J-10 are rotating in the wrong direction. This means, when they have to rotate in the pitch-up direction, they rotate as pitch-down. I had this problem in a couple planes, but since this is the first one I'm going to publish, I want it to be perfect. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, it would be very appreciated. Good flight!
    • By 1309mariano
      Hi everyone, how you doing? I will go to the point. I am currently working on an Argentinian skin for Erwin Hans' and InSky's J-10A. I want to modify some aspects, like the HUD. Currently, the mod doesn't have a way to show if the missile is locked on target or not (THE CIRCLES THAT APPEAR ON THE HUD), and I want to modify that.
      I tried changing the cockpit.ini and avionics.ini, but I had to replace with the not modified version of the files because I ended up deforming the radar, and the avionics of course.
      The plane doesn't have problem when it comes to bombs and cannons, but it has that problem with the missiles. If someone can help me, I will be more than thankful.
      Have a nice flight, good hunting!
    • By 1309mariano
      Hi, my name is Mariano and I recently installed SF2 in my PC. All went well, installed some planes, did the thing right. Now, when i wanna play with an installed plane, it only shows the manufacturing year. For example, the A-4AR by Bandidos Team starts at 1998 and ends in 2020, but in my case, I only see 1998 and I'm only allowed to play on that year. I will attach some screenshots for you to see whats happening...
      Anyone has a solution for this problem? Do i have to reinstall the planes? An update? Thank you in advance, have a great fly!

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I need help to change the date in "single mission" in the amazing ODS (Operation Desert Storm) mod for SF2
      It lets me choose between years 1990-1991-1992
      As soon as i end a mission and, for example, i get a medal or an award, it ofc says the date the sortie has been done...
      The problem is: since i can only choose the year, and not the month in mission menu, the date is randomically chose (for example i very often get months like august or december, even if the war had been fought only between the second half of January and February 1991, not any other month)
      How can i choose the month and day i want to fly for a single mission? So that i can choose the actual days the war happened instead of random 1991 months?
      I hope i explained well and that a solution can be found.
      I already tried changing Start Year and End Year date with January 1991 and February 1991, but nothing happened
      I truly love this mod, and imho it's absolutely perfect, but this is the only thing that "ruins" a bit (like getting a medal which says i flew over Iran on April 1991) and i'd like to fix it but idk how 
      Thank you so much for helping me, seriously 
    • By PeacePuma
      I have seen some photos, and I have the doubt if someone did it since it is known that the updates of the mods are not published in the announcements ... any news or comments about it I appreciate it in advance

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..