Hey, it's me again! Thanks to Bazillius I was able to solve the HUD problem. Now, I have another problem: the canards of the J-10 are rotating in the wrong direction. This means, when they have to rotate in the pitch-up direction, they rotate as pitch-down. I had this problem in a couple planes, but since this is the first one I'm going to publish, I want it to be perfect. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, it would be very appreciated. Good flight!

ReverseModelOrientation = ???

if true, change to false

if false, change to true

test in game

i agree with Kevin , make sure that  in the data ini  under canards there is a line like this ---> ReverseModelOrientation =True

On 29/7/2021 at 10:57 AM, Spinners said:

Try an aircraft with canards that are correct and compare the two FM's.

Apparently is a problem with the model. Is Insky's final version of the J-10A. Installed the plane on 2 different PCs and had the same problem. And it happened again with the SOKO Kometa by Spinners, wich uses that model. Although, I'm still working on it...

then, the odds are the animations are/were fucked up in MAX when the model was rendered and finalized. In that can, not a lot can be done

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

then, the odds are the animations are/were fucked up in MAX when the model was rendered and finalized. In that can, not a lot can be done

I remember I changed some values in the data.ini file and it worked in the left canard. I'm going to try again today and see. If it works, I'm going to do the same with the right canard...

UPDATE: I finally managed to get the canards workin well. Thank you everyone for your help and support. The mod is well headed. I'm going to get busy with classes but I will manage to release it. Overall is looking good. Still working on some skins and ini files. Here's a quick pic of the mod...

Good flight and hunting!img00084.thumb.JPG.07965d5cc9f795aceb4daedaea901044.JPG

On 28/07/2021 at 6:33 PM, 1309mariano said:

I want it to be perfect.

Well, there's a bunch of issues with this one.

If you managed to have the canard surface move the right direction for the pitch up/down inputs, are they moving the right way for the roll inputs as well ?

The whole control surfaces section must be checked and edited.
There's no flap on the J-10.

15 minutes ago, Cliff7600 said:

Well, there's a bunch of issues with this one.

If you managed to have the canard surface move the right direction for the pitch up/down inputs, are they moving the right way for the roll inputs as well ?

The whole control surfaces section must be checked and edited.
There's no flap on the J-10.

Yes, roll input works perfect too. I changed some values and it worked perfectly. At first, roll wasn't working, but then I fixed that.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CheckSixCharlie
      Hello! My name is Elchfisk and I am new to the COMBATACE forums in general, but I wanted to showcase something I designed and am in the process of working on.

The Vought F-119 Vanguard, influenced by designs within the TFX (Tactical Fighter eXperimental) Program, which led to the development of the F-111, was considered to be a tri-service answer to the project. A high power, variable sweep fighter aircraft that would essentially replace the mud moving roles of the Aardvark, and the standoff interception capability of the Tomcat.

I'm new to Strike Fighters 2 modding as a whole, and I would love for this to be the first project I undertake in that scene. Is there any documentation or anyone that could teach and assist me in how to mod in an entirely custom aircraft like this? I'll keep this thread full of work-in-progress photos in the meantime, but if any experienced modders could reach out to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Before I go for now, here's another image of one of the several models, specifically the J79 equipped variant, showcasing the very unique wing setup, and variable sweep:

• By 1309mariano

View File Dassault/FMA Rafale EA-2/DA
      BACKSTORY: 
      In 2014, with the Mirage retirement in mind, Argentina started a competition to decide wich plane was going to replace it in the near future. Due to the strategic position of the country and the abundance of resources, the contest ended up having various options: the F/A-18E/F, the Tejas MK1 and MK2, the Gripen, the Su-30, the MiG-35, the J-10CE and the Rafale, all with unique variants to fill the needs of the Argentinian Air Force.
      The chosen plane was the Rafale. The Argentinian Ministry of Defence agreed on 18 planes, 12 Rafale EA-2s and 4 Rafale DAs. The Rafale EA-2 is an advanced variant of the Rafale F4, equipped with AESA radar and Conformal Fuel Tanks. It can fire the MBDA MICA missiles, along with some russian ordenance. This is because Dassault, Argentina and Russia agreed to replace the british parts with russian parts in the exchange of Argentina buying and equipping the Rafale with russian precise guided munitions.
      The Argentinian Rafale participated in various exercises with NATO and eastern side countries, like the "ECOAS I", where the Argentinian pilots showed its great ability to fly low, "sinking" the USS George Bush.
      Special thanks to JAT81500, for releasing the Dassault Rafale F4,  wich is used as the Dassault Rafale EA-2
      And ThirdWire, for this amazing sim, that I love and play almost everyday...

I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I do.
      Have a good flight!
      Good hunting!

Submitter 1309mariano Submitted 01/08/2022 Category What If Hangar  
    • By 1309mariano
      BACKSTORY: 
      In 2014, with the Mirage retirement in mind, Argentina started a competition to decide wich plane was going to replace it in the near future. Due to the strategic position of the country and the abundance of resources, the contest ended up having various options: the F/A-18E/F, the Tejas MK1 and MK2, the Gripen, the Su-30, the MiG-35, the J-10CE and the Rafale, all with unique variants to fill the needs of the Argentinian Air Force.
      The chosen plane was the Rafale. The Argentinian Ministry of Defence agreed on 18 planes, 12 Rafale EA-2s and 4 Rafale DAs. The Rafale EA-2 is an advanced variant of the Rafale F4, equipped with AESA radar and Conformal Fuel Tanks. It can fire the MBDA MICA missiles, along with some russian ordenance. This is because Dassault, Argentina and Russia agreed to replace the british parts with russian parts in the exchange of Argentina buying and equipping the Rafale with russian precise guided munitions.
      The Argentinian Rafale participated in various exercises with NATO and eastern side countries, like the "ECOAS I", where the Argentinian pilots showed its great ability to fly low, "sinking" the USS George Bush.
      Special thanks to JAT81500, for releasing the Dassault Rafale F4,  wich is used as the Dassault Rafale EA-2
      And ThirdWire, for this amazing sim, that I love and play almost everyday...

I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I do.
      Have a good flight!
      Good hunting!

• By Eugene2

View File Skinpack for stock SPAD VII's
      Default skinpack for stock SPAD VII's.
      There are two skins - for French and Russian aviation.
      I tried to add some "photorealistic" textures for more impressive image of this aircraft.
      I removed wing's cockades and rudder's emblems from "Decals.ini" because they were integrated in my skin.

Eugene
      Submitter Eugene2 Submitted 12/27/2021 Category Spad Skins  
    • By Eugene2
      Default skinpack for stock SPAD VII's.
      There are two skins - for French and Russian aviation.
      I tried to add some "photorealistic" textures for more impressive image of this aircraft.
      I removed wing's cockades and rudder's emblems from "Decals.ini" because they were integrated in my skin.

Eugene

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..