Sign in to follow this  

So.. I was flying the Block 40 aircraft in ODS30AE andd i found out that the green hudglass texture slightly amplifies what u see, I told Menrva about it and he did a test hud glass texture for the F-15E
Heres the results.. its crude but its something

Operation Desert Storm 2023-05-08 03-14-44.png

Nice, it's definitely a game changer as I don't fly at night.

• Like 2

Another unrelated thing..... if you want some nice Ambient Occlusion RTGI really helps with that
Ive been testing it and it works well aslong as you disable Anti aliasing and use SMAA in Reshade

Operation Desert Storm 2023-05-07 01-28-53.jpg

Operation Desert Storm 2023-05-06 08-44-22.jpg

Operation Desert Storm 2023-05-06 08-36-28.jpg

img00022.jpg

img00023.jpg

Takti's RTGI,AA Preset.ini

Edited by TaktischesGenie
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, TaktischesGenie said:

Another unrelated thing..... if you want some nice Ambient Occlusion RTGI really helps with that
Ive been testing it and it works well aslong as you disable Anti aliasing and use SMAA in Reshade

Takti's RTGI,AA Preset.ini

Hello! How its supposed to use this? This .ini, I need to drop in some folder?

Edited by madvad

52 minutes ago, madvad said:

Hello! How its supposed to use this? This .ini, I need to drop in some folder?

Nope, You need Reshade installed and you have to buy the RTGI shaders from here https://www.patreon.com/mcflypg
after this you need to drop this preset file into your main SF2 folder and enable it from Reshade ingame

• Like 1

Excuse me, but what I have to see? I cannot see any difference, no offense, just real curiosity.

Yes, reshade makes wonders, even in new games, not just the old ones. I am using it in different presets for my own games, including the new ones.It's a very good bargain and choice.

This is something I tried years go. It doesn't work as well (I tried recoloring the HUD, no worky for me, or maybe because it was in the middle of the day). It worked with the A-6E TRAM but with the Growler/Super Hornet no such luck. I mean the game doesn't care what time of day I fly (and neither do I, I fly daytime). Unfortunately unless some miracle happens with a programmer or things happen with a patch, then I'll stick to day flying only.

img00002.JPG

Edited by EricJ

There is a mod, that let you fly with this settings...

imageproxy.jpg

• Like 1

Is it only for dark mission though? Will I have to remove it for use during the day?

15 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Is it only for dark mission though? Will I have to remove it for use during the day?

Can't really remember, tought it was a mod by Mernva? Let's see If he answer here, If not will search how it worked.

3 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Can't really remember, tought it was a mod by Mernva? Let's see If he answer here, If not will search how it worked.

Okay cool, I can look in the Downloads section and see what happens too. Thanks

I found it Stratos. Seems a "turn on/turn off" is just to switch from High to Unlimited and I can do that easily. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, EricJ said:

I found it Stratos. Seems a "turn on/turn off" is just to switch from High to Unlimited and I can do that easily. Thanks!

The post processing effect is applied also in daytime, so it's not an optimal solution. Only with injectors like Reshade it's possible to make something that works on a specific key press. SF2 remains very limited in how stock post processing works.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menrva said:

The post processing effect is applied also in daytime, so it's not an optimal solution. Only with injectors like Reshade it's possible to make something that works on a specific key press. SF2 remains very limited in how stock post processing works.

Agreed, but it's the only workaround I have so it works as best as possible.

23 hours ago, EricJ said:

Can you please post the link? Lost the readme long ago.

3 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Can you please post the link? Lost the readme long ago.

1 minute ago, EricJ said:

Thanks, that was really fast!

No problem, I have the setting where I get notified via my computer, so it wasn't too hard :biggrin:

• Haha 2

On 2023/5/14 at 1:19 AM, EricJ said:

Agreed, but it's the only workaround I have so it works as best as possible.

Yeah,so far for me this is the only way to make night ops with NOD,really cool, even I have to exchange the FX files many times.

7 hours ago, simonmiller416 said:

Yeah,so far for me this is the only way to make night ops with NOD,really cool, even I have to exchange the FX files many times.

That's just a pain to do all the time. I just select Effects to Unlimited when I want to fly at night, and set the mission appropriately at night. If I want to fly during the day I just select Effects to High and adjust the time appropriately. Since there is no real requirement to fly at night I just alternate when I feel like it.