As the title says I can not for the life of me find the A-4B cockpit textures in any of the objectdata cat folders...???? Anyone know where they are?

ObjectData008.CAT seems to have the A-4 cockpit files in it.

17 minutes ago, Gatling20 said:

ObjectData008.CAT seems to have the A-4 cockpit files in it.

It has the A-4B cockpit.ini file and aircraft skin textures but not the cockpit textures or cockpit instrument textures etc. Which is weird as they are all there for the A-4C and E etc

They are in ObjectData001.CAT, thanks to mue's LODViewer I got the list of textures: A-4B_pit_textures.txt

Use his CAT Extractor and you can look for each single texture.

6460ab9c2050c_Immagine2023-05-14113338.thumb.png.021685f90f56fb4f9b28db74d54c608e.png

10 hours ago, Menrva said:

They are in ObjectData001.CAT, thanks to mue's LODViewer I got the list of textures: A-4B_pit_textures.txt

Use his CAT Extractor and you can look for each single texture.

6460ab9c2050c_Immagine2023-05-14113338.thumb.png.021685f90f56fb4f9b28db74d54c608e.png

I know and I have tried!!! I searched every cat with the cat extractor and they are not there???

You may have to extract all as I had to do that to find some EA-6B stuff and I couldn't see it.

9 hours ago, dtmdragon said:

I know and I have tried!!! I searched every cat with the cat extractor and they are not there???

With my CATExtractor you can search for files in all CAT and DLC files at once without open every CAT/DLC file separately:
https://combatace.com/forums/topic/98056-stock-decals-and-insignias-extrection/?do=findComment&comment=803209

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EricJ said:

You may have to extract all as I had to do that to find some EA-6B stuff and I couldn't see it.

Tried that to no avail..... 🤦

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mue said:

With my CATExtractor you can search for files in all CAT and DLC files at once without open every CAT/DLC file separately:
https://combatace.com/forums/topic/98056-stock-decals-and-insignias-extrection/?do=findComment&comment=803209

THANK YOU! Found it with your CATExtractor search feature. They are in Cat001 of all places

59 minutes ago, dtmdragon said:

THANK YOU! Found it with your CATExtractor search feature. They are in Cat001 of all places

BTW, @Menrva already posted that info in his post above. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mue said:

Thanks for noticing it. I don't know why, it's not the first time that my posts seem to be ignored or not fully understood by other users of the site. On another recent topic I suggested some solutions, but the user in that case missed it or rather focused on another post that didn't provide a solution. I'm truly wondering if something's wrong with my English, it is not my mother language :stars::lol:

Edited by Menrva
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Menrva said:

I'm truly wondering if something's wrong with my English, it is not my mother language :stars::lol:

i  doubt that, i've never had issue with your English

but your post was sufficient at "CAT001". all the rest and the pic distract from the actual  information requested

and while you did provide a list that had the information itself, some people like to do their own reading

nothing wrong either way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mue said:

Thanks for noticing it. I don't know why, it's not the first time that my posts seem to be ignored or not fully understood by other users of the site. On another recent topic I suggested some solutions, but the user in that case missed it or rather focused on another post that didn't provide a solution. I'm truly wondering if something's wrong with my English, it is not my mother language :stars::lol:

4 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

i  doubt that, i've never had issue with your English

but your post was sufficient at "CAT001". all the rest and the pic distract from the actual  information requested

and while you did provide a list that had the information itself, some people like to do their own reading

nothing wrong either way.

How embarrassing! 🤦🤦🤦 sorry mate I simply couldn't see the tree from the forest! Not sure how I missed it but I did! Thanks for finding it for me anyway!

• Like 2

I don't ignore your posts as I can fully understand you, just how it goes with me I guess...

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

I don't ignore your posts as I can fully understand you, just how it goes with me I guess...

Hey Eric, I wasn't referring to you, so don't worry!

Also, things like these tend to happen, RL these days makes us do everything faster. I'd lie if I say I have never read a post in a hurry without misunderstanding it.

2 hours ago, dtmdragon said:

How embarrassing! 🤦🤦🤦 sorry mate I simply couldn't see the tree from the forest! Not sure how I missed it but I did! Thanks for finding it for me anyway!

No worries, mate, it happens. Also, daddyairplanes pointed out a good reason, the pic I uploaded was certainly distracting. The most important info wasn't given a clear space in the post I made, so this is my mistake as well.

Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with those textures, it must be an interesting project!

• Like 2