this evening  i was trying  a F-4G  with a new cockpit , after take off i notice that someone ( not me )  is dropping my chaff and flares and is firing my AIM-9 , over the target area all weapons from the wing pylons are gone only the AIM-7 on the fuselage stations are remaining , as soon as some enemy aircraft appear my aircraft is firing the AIM-7 on there own 

i´m trying to figure out what is causing this and fly some more missions , after about 40 minutes i cant select any weapons anymore also the air brakes are no more working , i reboot my computer and start SF2 again select my F-4G and now the aircraft is exploding on the runway , so i used an A-4 Skyhawk , just to see if the problems is only with my F-4E/G ,  the game starts and the A-4 is firing the guns until the ammo is gone  and as soon as i try to take off the aircraft explodes

any idea what the hell is going on with my game ??? :dntknw:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Joystick going bad?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Joystick going bad?

I think so.

A third-party device is connected, such as a steering wheel for racing games. I had a different case. Suddenly all the planes began to fly sideways. They launch rockets sideways, take part in dogfighting sideways, take off and land sideways. This only happened once but it was very funny.

In general, the game sometimes produces absolutely idiotic errors and bugs. Especially if the modifications amount to hundreds of gigabytes. It has happened to me that planes attack their own. I solved this by renaming the folder and the ini file itself of the aircraft who go crazy and kill friendly forces . Is it the same with the default vanilla game? The game can't handle a huge number of mods very good. :biggrin:

Sometimes you fight somewhere over the Black Sea. You fly see and scream What the Fox!! A Cuban plane is flying! Lost through the Bermuda Triangle!

Or there was another such case. I fight over Germany for freedom and democracy. Suddenly a Ukrainian helicopter appears and let’s chop up enemy air defense systems with missiles. I checked the mod itself, everything is fine with the dates in USERLIST.INI and in GERMANYCE_NATIONS.INI as well as with the camouflage, in NATIONS.INI files, and how it got here is absolutely unknown. But thanks for inexpected help! 

Edited by bazillius

I looked at the weather forecast. They say that there will be strong Geomagnetic storm in this and next week. Just wait it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hello Volker,

had something similar too. In my case my buttonbox for DCS was the problem.

1st disconnect all other devices excluding your joystick.

If it then still appears, the Joy will be the problem.

Let us know if you´ve fixed it. ;-)

• Like 3

thanks to all and yes it is my joystick , the computer is not even recognizing it anymore

my problem is now that i need a new HOTAS Warthog and in the moment i dont have the money for it , so all my projects are stopping right now until i have figured out how to use my key bord again

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

i found the problem , in the warthog stick base i found a brocken wire ; looks like somebody cut it , so i soldered the wire and put a shrink tubing above the soldering 

the computer is recognizing the joystick and all buttons and switches are working on the game controller settings , but if i start the game not only the joystick is not working also the rudder and the throttle is no longer working after removing the joystick rudder and throttle is working again

what i´m missing  :stars:

• Like 2

Personally you need a good stick, preferably a new one. But if it works then it works. I got a spare joystick since I don't use the Warthog (Thrustmaster Hotas One).

• Like 2

I use a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X for SF2 and for DCS I use a Virpil one in combo with a X56 throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs & a Total Controls button box.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, Soulfreak said:

I use a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X for SF2 and for DCS I use a Virpil one in combo with a X56 throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs & a Total Controls button box.

You mean a Saitek X56? My own X52 is 15 years old and is dying of old age, wondering how's the X56 as I don't want to put all that money on a Warthog stick.

dam..... i´m so stupid , after fixing the joystick ( soldering the broken wire ) you have to reassign the button and switches and everything works  , now i have to warthog joysticks a new one from Austria for 237 euro and a repaired one  :pilotfly:

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 5

I'm glad you worked things out with that hostile joystick of yours. See ? Not all devices are bad. You just need to convince them to see it your way ;)

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Stratos said:

You mean a Saitek X56? My own X52 is 15 years old and is dying of old age, wondering how's the X56 as I don't want to put all that money on a Warthog stick.

I've used nothing but Saiteks since they came out. Cyborg, X36, 2-X45s, and now my X52 Pro is at least 15 Y.O. and should be replaced, but it keeps on trucking. Yes, some of the buttons need attention, and the J/S is wobbly, but it works. I will get a new one when the boss authorizes a new PC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeargasHorse said:

I've used nothing but Saiteks since they came out. Cyborg, X36, 2-X45s, and now my X52 Pro is at least 15 Y.O. and should be replaced, but it keeps on trucking. Yes, some of the buttons need attention, and the J/S is wobbly, but it works. I will get a new one when the boss authorizes a new PC.

Curious thing is that is my wife that want to buy me a new one, maybe is cause she see it so old and battered. lol

• Haha 2