Hi, I'm building a dedicated Wild Weasel generations campaign collection spanning from Vietnam through Iraqi Freedom.

Only generation I'm missing is Wild Weasel I, the F-100F.   Was there ever one made for SF2?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

it DOES need some work to fully make SF2 ready

• Like 1

A Facebook group?  Doesn't look like any posts are recent..

Yeah I didn't say it was active, and their website doesn't work. I guess if you post there you may get a response, I can't guarantee it. Message @allenjb42 as he works with them, and he can probably answer for you

Edited by EricJ

YAP Revamp page (the second one) is live although it has cooled off somewhat lately

but like Eric said, mssg Allen, he should be able to help you out

Or you could be patient and wait for the When Thunder Rolled Vietnam-era version (camo and natural silver metal masterful skinning with great appreciation to Carlo/Soufreak), but better be patient or PM us.  Otherwise, grab the dilapidated version from other silly sources.

image.thumb.png.2d6f7ece0a14342bef4676b6ea9719ff.png

image.thumb.png.151844b8248c8318ed9db9218d7676aa.png

image.thumb.png.261d1f568998567fa62a8cb061ad8601.png

image.thumb.png.9815ee48af477ebf9926aa2b70e64fb0.png

Edited by WTRAdmin
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WTRAdmin said:

Or you could be patient and wait for the When Thunder Rolled Vietnam-era version

you guys are doing beautiful work when you share with us

but admittedly your also seeming closer to three weeks on release than tomm

besides, old, delapidated and/or silly models arent the end of the world. except for the absolute dog crap ones, its good for building up skinning skills. its amazing how a few lines here or there can completely change appearances, and one has to practice on something to learn that skill.

refurbishing the old is also good for learning ini work

• Like 1

<cough> <cough> Salvage Ops <cough>

---

OTH, the YAP one, other than needing a new flight model, also has the dreaded/cursed shadow ropes, too. I have it. It's really not quite worth the effort to bring it up to date; its' doable, but....

Besides even though the Revamp Works are giving the mod away, it's still unclear on CA policy for "what was once payware, but is now abandonware".

For a better stand in, you can take the F-100D_66, "recreate" it as a F-100_WW, and load it out accordingly. Backdate the ini to the start of the project, load it with cluster bombs and rocket pods. When the Shrikes arrive, use the loadout date switch. About 1/2 hours worth of work. (of course, this dosen't take into account decaling with accurate serials and such)

==

Looking good Steve!!!

7 minutes ago, Wrench said:

also has the dreaded/cursed shadow ropes, too

Geary fixed the problem by removing the refueling probe and adding a new one via a fake pilot.

As for old models in generic. Yes, some skin love can save the situation.

But we have to remember... Someone created that old model to the best of his/her abilities and that is a good thing and even after years, we are still appreciating all stuff.... Or we make new ones. I guess without old ones we would not have new ones. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

But we have to remember... Someone created that old model to the best of his/her abilities and that is a good thing and even after years, we are still appreciating all stuff.... Or we make new ones. I guess without old ones we would not have new ones. 

theres also a very limited number of modellers out there still, and they have their own interests that may not align with what others want

besides, i've been massively resisting the urge to ask you for a few fake pilots since you've been back :lol:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

ask you for a few fake pilots since you've been back :lol:

:pilotfly:

• Haha 1

Since I"m only a pilot is a sim, does that make me a fake pilot too???

-----   I'll show myself out .....:pilotfly:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

Since I"m only a pilot is a sim,

your just as much a pilot as i am an Instagram model :lol:

• Haha 2

Now I'm gonna have THAT image in my head all night!!!!   :stars:

• Haha 1