Posted (edited)

how deep down the rabbit hole are you going?  will you make it all the way to the A-6E and its later versions?

or even the cancelled A-6F?

Edited by daddyairplanes

1 hour ago, GKABS said:

I have added the  ....

so far looks good. 

Should be available on both pylons. 

Although I have seen very rarely LAU-7 on inner pylon. But often Shrikes on both. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

how deep down the rabbit hole are you going?  will you make it all the way to the A-6E and its later versions?

or even the cancelled A-6F?

I am going to make the C D E and E with Trim. I hope lol 😆 thrn I will move to the next project.

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

so far looks good. 

Should be available on both pylons. 

Although I have seen very rarely LAU-7 on inner pylon. But often Shrikes on both. 

I will keep it until we get confirmation. 

Sidewinder air air missile mounted hi-res stock photography and images -  Alamy

A Grumman A-6A Intruder of attack squadron VA-165 Boomers from the aircraft carrier USS Ranger (CVA-61), armed with two AIM-9D Sidewinder air-to-air missiles on the inboard pylons. VA-165 was assigned to Attack Carrier Air Wing Two (CVW-2) from 4 November 1967 to 25 May 1968 to Vietnam:

File:A-6A-CVA-61 with AIM-9D NAN6-68.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

• Like 2

Just uploaded the A-6 Intruder skin templates have fun making new skins and please share them. 
2024-03-26_17h29_49.thumb.png.8cd5d71962f687d48d9e09dddcc170e6.png 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Svetlin said:

loved your previous mods . can u please make a SU 34 model ont he theme of current war in ukraine.

Edited by Ghostofkyiv

A-6C is in progress.

2024-03-29_00h42_36.thumb.png.041628feac0c1e7df00276843feee276.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

coming up nicely, 

the windows on the pod turret were asymmetrical, the right side (FLIR) was narrower than the left side (LLTV)

and can you make an animation that will turn the turret around after take-off...to protect equipment during take-off/landing and on the ground turret windows were facing the rear.

66070b0f36d9c_A-6C517NE.thumb.jpg.af3dd0258b6dc5167e0ecb938025c837.jpg

On the other hand (iron hand)

Since you are jumping on versions. Any chance to get back to the Iron Hand  B version for a while? at least for the Mod 0 version (Vietnam era)

I can provide LAU launchers for Standard ARM. (only B was carrying Standard ARM at that time) 

66070c7eef0df_Mod0EarlyForwardFuselageantennas.thumb.jpg.cc1ab952c707793c8368ec006125d402.jpg

And absolutely side note... 

I was working on a skin set for Intruder over Vietnam based on the TW model (similar to my Corsairs pack) but now I see I have to move to a better A platform. Will take me a while to re-do everything on these new skins...but research was done already, and decals too. Stay tuned.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

coming up nicely, 

Thank you :ty:

the windows on the pod turret were asymmetrical, the right side (FLIR) was narrower than the left side (LLTV)

and can you make an animation that will turn the turret around after take-off...to protect equipment during take-off/landing and on the ground turret windows were facing the rear.

Indeed, that is a good idea. I will take note of it, my friend. :good:

Since you are jumping on versions. Any chance to get back to the Iron Hand  B version for a while? at least for the Mod 0 version (Vietnam era)

I can provide LAU launchers for Standard ARM. (only B was carrying Standard ARM at that time) 

I will see what I can do. :biggrin: thank you for your feedback as always. 

I was working on a skin set for Intruder over Vietnam based on the TW model (similar to my Corsairs pack) but now I see I have to move to a better A platform. Will take me a while to re-do everything on these new skins...but research was done already, and decals too. Stay tuned.

Nice I can't wait to see your outstanding work as always. 

A new update for the A-6A (added the LAU-34 and LAU-7A rails) will be uploaded after testing these loadouts is for testing in the screenshots. thanks to Coupi.

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

img00003.JPG

img00004.JPG

img00005.JPG

img00006.JPG

img00007.JPG

img00008.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

By the way. Can you make that early A in two versions? One with both (wings and fuselage) airbrakes operational and one with only wing airbrakes and disabled animation of fuselage brakes. :good:

• Like 1

I will do that no problem. 

• Thanks 1

Just a sidenote. The small Bullpup-A (AGM-12A, B and nuclear D) use the LAU-34/Aero 5 A-Launchrails, while the bigger Bullpup-B (AGM-12C and E) do not use a rail. This gave me some headache on the Skyhawks, because both are of the same weapontype and guidance. I ended up using specificstationcode for the bigger ones on a separate weaponstation to ensure a correct placement for both versions.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Nyghtfall said:

Just a sidenote. The small Bullpup-A (AGM-12A, B and nuclear D) use the LAU-34/Aero 5 A-Launchrails, while the bigger Bullpup-B (AGM-12C and E) do not use a rail. This gave me some headache on the Skyhawks, because both are of the same weapontype and guidance. I ended up using specificstationcode for the bigger ones on a separate weaponstation to ensure a correct placement for both versions.

Thank you for the information. :wink:

• Like 1

Do we have the AGM-12A? If not can anyone please send any photos or a blueprint thanks. 

ravenclaw has them in his weaponspack2

• Like 1

Thank you gentleman :good:

Coming soon updated A-6A 

A-6A-Early.thumb.jpg.17d72dee018d3341ee39b7b149bdd63c.jpg

Screenshot by @Coupi

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Man, that is so awesome - thanks for doing serious work and it's looking fantastic!  One suggestion might be to lower/make more subtle bump mapping on texture but might be fine...

Edited by swambast

2 hours ago, swambast said:

Man, that is so awesome - thanks for doing serious work and it's looking fantastic!  One suggestion might be to lower/make more subtle bump mapping on texture but might be fine...

Yes that will be nice, this is because our skin expert had a PC problem and I tried to do my best lol

Posted (edited)

A-6A Early Intruder 1.0.1 was uploaded just waiting for approval. :pilotfly:

- added LAU-34 and LAU-7 Rails and fixed the loadout

- AGM-12B, AGM-12C_A and AGM-12E missiles 

- bonus- A-6A with fuselage air brake LOD

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Coming soon is the A6-A late with va-196 Attack Squadron skin and decals.

A-6A-Late_GK.thumb.jpg.cfa3af1ba541c6e715830fea418a554e.jpg

Screenshot by @Coupi

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If I am allowed, you may lower the Bump Maps to 5% for panels and 2% or even 1% for rivets so they can show better, I use Normal Map Generator in this case, happy to share it, if you like.

img00165.thumb.JPG.0173a4ed9ee30fdaacc1102bf856e709.JPG

Edited by FLOGGER23
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

thank you so much for sharing this with me.:good: