Jump to content

Erik

OWNER
  • Posts

    7,241
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    42

Everything posted by Erik

  1. Your answer is available using a search engine of your choosing. https://taw.fandom.com/wiki/Installing_and_Running_ADF/TAW_on_a_Modern_System
  2. Check your Gmail account for a password reset email. Once you complete that you'll be able to use the new email address you provided and the new password you set. This temporary account may get logged out and you likely won't be able to log in now that the password reset went out on the Stary account.
  3. It was just before 6AM here and I was getting ready to leave for work. The news of the second plane had just been made public and I drove to work in an eerie silence listening to the radio. The day was so weird and working for who I did at the time they let everyone decide if they were staying or going home. About a week later I had a flight to Washington DC and it was by far the weirdest flight I've ever flown on. Life hasn't been the same since.
  4. I'll leave this post here but in the past when people have asked it's usually more than they expect trading man hours for product where the cost can reach into the thousands of USD depending on complexity and desired poly count. Of course, if you're not opposed to such a venture it's possible someone may take you up on the offer. CombatACE would not be responsible as you'd be contracting with them directly. I hope your dreams come true.
  5. Did you read what Menrva said? You don't open the compressed files as traditionally you might. That mod is a self installer packed as compressed files, the main file needs to be mounted. Theres a tutorial at the link he provided. https://combatace.com/forums/topic/95630-operation-desert-storm-30th-anniversary-edition/page/9/#comment-813999
  6. This is no longer true. AI agents are training themselves and working together. They took over Dse Wiki and made a bunch of edits to coordinate themselves and there is evidence it has been writing parts of itself around the internet for self preservation. Right now as I see it we have no boundaries on AI other than a fence made of rice paper. This has been Sam Altman's dream, the "self aware" AI. The push for the data center build-outs is to provide AI a home once it starts growing beyond our capabilities, and the rumors there are that AI helped design these new data centers. Hold on to a clean pair of briefs, you're going to need them.
  7. Can we list format the OP so we can check-box all the needed items.
  8. If someone puts a list together of the models we need and how we can purchase them, either in public or private, maybe we can work on this together?
  9. 87 years later and exactly 20 years after this movie release ...
  10. What a joke of a post. You know what Chugster if you have something to say, spit it out. I am not one to allow you to continually take cheap shots at me like I owe you something, I do not. In two weeks you've downloaded 5GB of data from us for free and you're complaining about download restrictions? Unbelievable.
  11. Over the 20 plus years CombatACE has been serving files we are reaching a milestone and I thought I'd share. CA crossed the two petabyte mark this morning which sounds innocent enough but that translates into two-million gigabytes of data transfer. Translated that's one-hundred plus gigabytes per day with our average being closer to two-hundred gigabytes. Now I know this is nothing in comparison to some of the real data players in today's age but for a little site built to serve a niche, it's pretty impressive.
  12. They can use the support option for help.
  13. Something probably went wonky with the second file. I don't see any errors so it's an anomaly for now.
  14. I looked at it earlier and fixed it. I tried to figure out how you attached it and from what I can tell you did the normal attachment process but for some reason the file didn't attach to the forum post. I didn't see any errors so I reattached the file to the post and it worked like it should. If you go to your attachments do you see that file as being attached to this forum post like it should be? All I can think of is the file didn't finish uploading before you hit send on the post reply. If you attached the file differently than using the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files... " let me know and I can look into that as well.
  15. Somebody fire the grim reaper, he's got the right initials but wrong people. Rest in peace Dolly and Tim.
  16. That's more of your internet connection than us. Well that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I appreciate your input but we will keep the rolling 24 hour counters, it is the fairest model providing daily downloads. Using calendar days means that someone who downloads at 00:01 has to wait 24 hours for a new download and someone who downloads at 23:59 only waits one minute. A rolling 24 hour clock means that each person gets to download a file every 24 hours for each download slot they have, so 2 files every 24 hours. People are people of habit and they get on the internet at the same time every day.
  17. I think you can tell your remarks didn't go over very well. This is not a glitch, you get two free files per day. If that means you want a mod that has four parts to it, then you will need two days to download all the parts. As for asking for money, do you think the bandwidth you consume from our site to download those files for free is actually free? I'd prefer that you just said thanks so when I pay the bills every month I don't have to be reminded that there are these types of comments and opinions. Amazes me how people grabbing free stuff want to dictate the manner in which it is received while not offering to be part of the solution.
  18. Welcoming everyone, glad you're here.
  19. I've been alerted to the issue. Seeing that you don't have the common courtesy to reply to my private messages about your files, I disabled it. Now that we have your attention maybe you can tell all of us as to why you shared models that belonged to someone else? When I contacted you about uploading your files that belonged to others, was image marked, and reminding you about our requirements for uploading content, you ignored me and did it again. This is unacceptable from anyone in our Modder community. You say our Privacy Policy is too strict for you. Is this why you posted the images in hopes others would PM you and ask for the files? You were informed that uploading improperly obtained content is not permitted, by us or the community. For clarity here is what you agree to before uploading files. By submitting a file you agree to the following terms: All files being uploaded to CombatACE.com will be reviewed prior to being released to the public. To make sure your file is compatible with our community please review and include the following information. - The file you are submitting is 100% your own work and not based on another's intellectual property. - If your file is based on another's work or intellectual property you have obtained their permission to use their work. - If your file is based on another's work and they have signed the Modder's Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy you have clearly stated in your read-me and in the description. - Your file includes screenshots. - Your file includes a read-me file which clearly gives any credit to Modders that your work is based on where applicable. - Your read-me file includes installation instructions. - The description of your file provides installation instructions and any credit to Modders that your work is based on where applicable. - The description of your file provides any revision notes if future upgrades occur. - Your file conforms to the community standards. If you have any questions about any of these please ask a Moderator or post a question in the forums. By continuing you agree you have read the above submission terms.
  20. I used to love sky diving, didn't used to be a weekend that went by that I didn't find myself jumping out of a caravan somewhere. Did my first wingsuit flight when I was 22 in Lillo Spain with a bunch of gassed up Germans and two Scottish guys that kept us in stitches the entire time. One of the best times I've had in Europe, though admittedly I remember what I was doing before drinking with those Scotts and not so much what happened afterwards. This also explains my overnight stay courtesy of Police de Tarbes France, in one of their finest establishments.
  21. That's my type of adventure. Zero beers.
  22. Please read the instructions. You don't unzip the .iso files, it can be mounted directly or written to a CD.
  23. Move complete.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..