Jump to content

CSomers611

ROOKIE
  • Posts

    233
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by CSomers611

  1. Excellent points and some of my very thoughts. Personally, I wish the Air Force would take a hard look at the CFT's. CFT equipped Vipers would increase their legs quite a bit with marginal penalties and would be helpful in potential conflicts with China etc.
  2. I think this would be good for the USAF.....Lockheed Pitches F-16G to USAF NATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland—Lockheed Martin is pitching an upgraded variant of the F-16, called the F-16G, to the U.S. Air Force to fill Fighting Falcon units that will age out of their existing fighters. Multiple sources told Aviation Week that the F-16G is an improved version of the latest Block 70 variant of the fighter. A source familiar with the aircraft says it will include conformal fuel tanks, 600-gal. wing tanks, both an infrared search and track and SNIPER targeting pods and a drag chute. The Air Force has long considered buying new F-16s. In 2021, for example, then-Air Force Assistant Secretary for Acquisition Will Roper told Aviation Week that because of the aging fleet and capacity shortfalls, the service should take advantage of the hot production line. “As you look at the new F-16 production line in South Carolina, that system has some wonderful upgraded capabilities that are worth thinking about as part of our capacity solution,” Roper said at the time. Lockheed Martin on Sept. 16 would not provide details on the possibility. In a statement, the company said it stands ready to support the U.S. Air Force and its mission needs. “Our proven products are the backbone of the USAF fleet and provide the most advanced and versatile capabilities to ensure air dominance now and for decades to come,” the company said. The Air Force in a statement declined to comment specifically on the F-16G. “The Department of the Air Force is in the initial phases of analyzing options for the next Future Years Defense Program,” the service said. “At this stage, we have neither defined the precise mission requirements nor the spectrum of options that could fill it.” The deliberation comes after a 2025 study found a need to increase production of fighter aircraft to meet shortfalls. The service requires more airframes on its ramps to backfill its F-16 units at a faster pace than the company can produce the F-35. The Air Force says that procuring fighters in larger numbers could increase the inventory from 1,098 in fiscal 2026 to 1,558 aircraft in fiscal 2035 “to achieve an acceptable level of risk to operations in support of the National Military Strategy,” the Congressional Research Service says. Inside Defense reported in December 2025 that the service was weighing buying the new variant of the F-16 to fill capability gaps at a lower cost than the F-35. Air and Space Forces Magazine reported the consideration of the F-16G, saying it will be considered at the upcoming Corona gathering of the service’s top generals.
  3. Those are Nuclear Falcons....thought about @Nightshade/PR when I did it!
  4. I've thought about that....recommendations for this?
  5. Here's another loadout option.....
  6. As both you and @Wrench pointed out, I agree. Was trying to think of what the F-4EX would've have carried as an Interceptor and looking at other aircraft in this role of the time period....many did not have AIM-9's. Which is why I made it a loadout option to try to mirror it. I like have Sidewinders for the very reasons mentioned.
  7. Keeping what you said in mind I created (2) Air-to-Air Loadouts. All AIM-7's totaling 8. Uses the ARM loadout points and launchers...... The other is a mixture of AIM-7 and AIM-9's. This loadout has (6) AIM-7's & (4) AIM-9's.
  8. I was just tinkering to see if I knew how to add missiles and surprised myself! Was planning on tweaking it to make it more "historically" accurate when I figured out launchers. ah, the 'fake" pilot trick! Question on this, will these "fake pilot" pylons show up even when not loaded? Can they be jettisoned? I need to find that Sparrow dual rack....
  9. I'm tinkering around with a couple of F-4 Phantom "What-If" versions. One being the F-4EX Interceptor and as such I've added additional AIM-7 "hard points" to the wings. Note: I plan on removing them from the inside pylons, make this AIM-9 only. My question is, how do I add missile pylons to the outside hard points for the AIM-7's?
  10. F-4EX ADC Interceptor.... There could be a reason the crew wears the bulky suits!
  11. The F-4EX...... What a view! Hit 95,000 feet! There's a reason they look like space men!
  12. Meant to post these yesterday but got side tracked! What might've been.......
  13. Civilian MIG-29UB supporting operations......
  14. Some where in the middle east.....
  15. Update the files to include improved textures from @ravenclaw_007. There's also an update file for those who've already downloaded it and want the improved textures.
  16. View File 125th TFS F-100D/F's 1973-1978 This features skins for the 125th TFS of the Oklahoma Air National Guard located at Tulsa International Airport; which operated the F-100D and F's from 1973-1979. I have included new .lods for the YAP-RW F-100F which now allows the skins to be in .jpg format, making for smaller file size. Finally, I modified the F-100F data ini to hide the Wild Weasel antennas and RWR on the YAP-RW F-100F, giving it a cleaner look for normal F model use. Included: - (14) F-100D_68 Tail Numbers for the 125th's (3) Flights - (4) F-100F Tail Numbers for the 125th's (3) Flights - modified YAP-RW F-100F .LOD, .lod002, .lod003, and .lod004 to allow skins do be saved in .jpg format - modified YAP-RW F-100F data ini hiding antennas and RWR Required: Original stock SF2 or other SF variation which includes the F-100D_68 aircraft YAP-RW F-100F Credits: Thirdwire - original F-100D_68 model YAP-RW - F-100F model and their permission allowing me to use/modify/release their original work yakarov79 - Excellent Super Sabre Vietnam Package and F-100D template. Thank you for allowing to use your work as the basis of this skin. daddyairplanes - Assistance with research and identifying additional aircraft. Thank you for allowing me to use and modify your decals from your A-7D Oklahoma Skin. Plus for helping me get better. Wrench - Thank you for providing insight in how to modify the .lod files for the .jpg format. I believe this is everyone for this project but if I missed someone, it was not intentional and I thank you for the support and assistance with making this happen. Submitter CSomers611 Submitted 07/22/2026 Category F-100  
      • 3
      • Like
      • Thanks
  17. Uploaded, should be available for download soon.
  18. Version 1.0.2

    47 downloads

    This features skins for the 125th TFS of the Oklahoma Air National Guard located at Tulsa International Airport; which operated the F-100D and F's from 1973-1979. I have included new .lods for the YAP-RW F-100F which now allows the skins to be in .jpg format, making for smaller file size. Finally, I modified the F-100F data ini to hide the Wild Weasel antennas and RWR on the YAP-RW F-100F, giving it a cleaner look for normal F model use. Included: - (14) F-100D_68 Tail Numbers for the 125th's (3) Flights - (4) F-100F Tail Numbers for the 125th's (3) Flights - modified YAP-RW F-100F .LOD, .lod002, .lod003, and .lod004 to allow skins do be saved in .jpg format - modified YAP-RW F-100F data ini hiding antennas and RWR Required: Original stock SF2 or other SF variation which includes the F-100D_68 aircraft YAP-RW F-100F Credits: Thirdwire - original F-100D_68 model YAP-RW - F-100F model and their permission allowing me to use/modify/release their original work yakarov79 - Excellent Super Sabre Vietnam Package and F-100D template. Thank you for allowing to use your work as the basis of this skin. daddyairplanes - Assistance with research and identifying additional aircraft. Thank you for allowing me to use and modify your decals from your A-7D Oklahoma Skin. Plus for helping me get better. Wrench - Thank you for providing insight in how to modify the .lod files for the .jpg format. I believe this is everyone for this project but if I missed someone, it was not intentional and I thank you for the support and assistance with making this happen.
  19. Think I'm nearly complete with this package....I reached out to YAP-RW regarding the modification I made to their .lod and am awaiting their response.
  20. Trying to see if anyone might know of any other F-100D/F's of the 125th TFS? I've identified the following: One's with a * next to the color of Tail Stripe, I have been able to verify the color by pictures. The other Tail Numbers, I've identified by picture but cannot identify the color of tail stripe. I appreciate any additional information anyone can share.
  21. I believe I have the F model setup the way I want it now so it's time to start focusing on the D model and tail numbers for both D and F's. Here's the first of the tail numbers....still need to tweak the skin a bit.
  22. It's always the one you don't see that gets ya!
  23. I’ve thought about that as well but am using this as a learning experience since I don’t know how to model aircraft from scratch.
  24. I’m doing research to see which antennas I should keep and which ones I should hide. The issue so far I’ve seen is in any given group of F models, they all seem to have different setups regarding their antennas. So I think I’ll have to simply choose one configuration close to all of them and leave it at that.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..