Jump to content

CSomers611

ROOKIE
  • Posts

    233
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by CSomers611

  1. @daddyairplanesyour ANG skins work with the most recent YAP F-100F lod; dated 5/5/2026. I've updated it with the Hex Editor to allow the skins to be jpg format....thanks @Wrench! But I couldn't stop there..... I noticed how the F model had all of the Wild Weasel equipment still so I started tinkering and hiding things through the Data file. Before hiding the APR-25 bumps, antennas and Receiver: Afterwards: Nothing fancy but makes these F model Huns look a little less like a Weasel!
  2. 'Slick Chick' got peppered slightly.......
  3. @daddyairplanesI noticed YAP-RW released a new F-100F lod dated 5/5/2026, I'm going to play around with it and see if your ANG skins will show properly on it.......thanks to @Wrench looks like I may have opened a can of worms!
  4. I apparently got it to work! Thanks @Wrench for this!
  5. My lod date is 2/9/2007. I got it from daddyairplanes ANG Pack. Like this?
  6. Good question....but I have a question, How do I try this?!
  7. From Thuds to Phantoms.....On August 7th, 1979 the 127th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 184th Tactical Fighter Group Kansas Air National Guard received their first F-4D Phantom II and began their transition from the F-105D/F Thunderchiefs.
  8. Enroute to the target....
  9. On today's episode...... So apparently just because the tail and wing textures are saved in .jpg format doesn't mean the fuselage can be as well! everything is working fine now.......
  10. This particular insignia shows just fine in game….though I am thinking about adding it to the skin as well just simply to reduce decals.
  11. While working on the Tulsa F models, I noticed there's some bleed through on the bottom of the aircraft. I tracked it down to the 125th TFS Patch on the front fuselage under the canopy and the stars and bars on the side of the fuselage. This is also seen on other F models using similar decal set ups; as seen on this Missouri bird. My solution to correct this was to put the 125th patch and star and bars on the skin and not using decals. Progress is still ongoing.....
  12. I think the decals look good on the family models as well! Will start on the tail numbers soon for both the D's and F's.
  13. Tweaked and re-positioned the tail-bands and ANG Shields based on photos. The 125th TFS had an unique way of displaying the tail numbers on their D/F's as shown on this F Model:
  14. Thank you for this, I'll add these to my excel sheet. It's hard to find official information showing every AC assigned to a unit but I'll give it a go!
  15. Working on some D Huns of the 125th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Oklahoma Air National Guard based at Tulsa International Airport from 1973 to 1978. During their Hun operational period, the 125th had (3) different tail stripe colors; Red, Green, and Blue. I spoke with a former 125th member who believed the color represented the Flight the aircraft was assigned to but he wasn't sure. He stated this is his belief as he recalled seeing the different color stripes on the 125th TFS at the same time....I'm still trying to work out the Tail #'s and Tail Stripes associated with them. Still researching and tweaking as I go so it'll be a bit before these are complete.
  16. Jayhawks somewhere over Europe moving mud......
  17. I was a member of the Commemorative Air Force and a crew member on A-26B, N9682C (Serial # 41-39230) or better known as "Lady Liberty". Lady was the oldest flying Invader, the 130th one produced, being accepted in Aug, 1944, at Long Beach, CA. It was flown to Great Dunmow, England arriving 20 Sep, 1944. It was assigned to the 9th AF, 410th BG and began combat operations in early 1945. Unfortunately, the Lady has been grounded since she suffered a nose gear collapse on takeoff in November 2025. Due to numerous factors, it was decided to retire her from flying status, she will now move to the Tulsa Air & Space Museum where she will be placed on static display. The TASM has created a page to support the Lady: https://www.tulsamuseum.org/ladyliberty/?fbclid=IwY2xjawSfjmtleHRuA2FlbQIxMQBicmlkETExMTJEdjFnYjRJSHFwU1Jsc3J0YwZhcHBfaWQQMjIyMDM5MTc4ODIwMDg5MgABHosyczAxfVicmtXl8v0NoglXYj2BlUNQAeVAIeildzERDMQdzJjKSTRkkd3P_aem_T6Fk3fG7CKrnULmvRtXhVg The recently released a pretty good video about her: https://www.facebook.com/reel/1471286001417630 I plan to be in attendance on September 26, 2026 for her dedication ceremony. From one of my last flights on the Lady.....
      • 8
      • Like
      • Thanks
  18. Out of IL2 or CF3, I prefer IL2 Series....though I have both.
  19. Uploaded Version 2.0 today, should be available soon!
  20. The improved and correct 1961 skin.... The improved and correct 1965 Skin....
  21. Jayhawks on patrol over Europe, January 1962 My wingman was have issues keeping up! Who knew Jayhawks could fly this high!
  22. The 22nd SOS on the hunt........
  23. @daddyairplanes@Wrench or anyone else, where I can locate F-100C.lod? I looked in my extracted files and can't seem to locate it. I need it to do something I had in mind. Thanks in advance.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..