Jump to content

CSomers611

ROOKIE
  • Posts

    233
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by CSomers611

  1. Everything was going smoothly, until....... \ It wasn't!
  2. I do believe the strike was effective!
  3. Thanks for the insight, I wouldn't have thought about this.
  4. Thank you, I appreciate it! I posted my request on the YAP-RW Facebook page yesterday, I included a quick representation of what the 1961 127th Family Model skin might look like. I'll really focus on it once I have temps from you. This was just a quick job to give them something to see. Still haven't gotten a response from them.
  5. I'm extremely satisfied with the 127th TFS Camo birds......think they look great! Of course, I had to add something special on the nose of my favorite jet.....
  6. Love the smell of napalm in the morning!
  7. I would appreciate you sharing the temps for the YAP F's, will ask them on Facebook shortly. Would like to offer them soon, since the 127th TFS took at least 1 to Korea and had a couple statewide during Hun operations.
  8. I would like to offer F's at some point... Please send them, this would be greatly appreciated. I'll reach out to them on FB.
  9. Added the Kansas outline to a few of the Huns just as the 127th had on their 68-69 Deployment. Was only able to visually identify 1 aircraft by photo/tail number but counted at least 6 tails with this in photos.
  10. I tweaked and resized the tail numbers after updating all I have been able to identify and confirm. I even added another detail to tail # 54-1935.
  11. I've been able to identify at least 15 with 1 more possible of the 127th TFS Huns from their 1968 deployment to Korea. From a couple of the individuals I spoke with, they believe they took 24 jets, at least 1 was an F Model. So I'm still short 7, but I happy I've been able to ID this many. I'm working on finishing up the tail numbers.
  12. Thank you! Between you and yakarov79, this one should be squared away and do it justice!
  13. Thank you for these photos and information! I’ve spoken with an old squadron member who was on the 1968-1969 Korea Deployment. He advised he believed they had taken 1 if not 2 of the F models when they deployed. He also stated he recalled redeploying state side in June/July 1969. They had 1 of their C models get stranded in Hawaii for 7 weeks due to an engine replacement. The squadron left one of their Active Duty pilots there who turned it into a vacation for him and his wife.
  14. This is what I’ve done for the _65 scheme. Just trying to get the fuselage swoosh, intake, and KANS AIR GUARD correct.
  15. Yep, the lack of the ANG Crest was due to being federalized and brought on to Active Duty. The Kansas Outline and the Shark Teeth, from what I was told weren't on every Hun, and as you said may have been limited to just a few of them. Just trying to identify which ones, and for how long did they wear them post deployment. Would love to see the "Coming Home" photo if you can ever find it.
  16. While researching tail #’s, I stumbled on another photo that may have changed my time line a bit for these skins. I have always heard of the 127th having shark teeth on at least a few of their Huns but hadn’t seen an actual photo of it till now. This scheme sounds as though it was post 68-69 deployment to Korea. I’m working to confirm a few things.
  17. Thanks to yakarov79, the 1968 and 1969 Era Skins are pretty much done.....he took care of the tail stripe and ANG Badge issues for me! I think they look great! Regarding the 1961 era skin: I'm pretty satisfied with it, still looking into a few things. Mainly trying to iron out when the 127th TFS operated the Huns looking like this. They were in this scheme when the unit climbed into the -100's in 1961, just not sure if they looked like this all the way till 1965 or not. The 1965 Hun skin is still in the works....Plus I am still trying to verify tail numbers.
  18. The red/white tail stripes is something I'm still working on, trying to get it right due to the reasons you mentioned. As for the red nose and the design on the fuselage, I think might need to be through the skin but maybe a decal would work; just can't get it right myself currently either way. This is what I'm aiming for.....
  19. Okay, good to know as I have set dates like that already but wasn’t fully aware of how it would work. Thanks for the insight!
  20. I am from Kansas originally, I grew up around the 184th Kansas Air National Guard as my Father was full-time there. I remember going to work with him during my school breaks and getting to enjoy all the planes. I later served in the unit after I left the Army and before going Active Duty Air Force. How does the SF2 "Date Switch" work? I've got Start and EndDefaultDate entered for all the skins. I thought I had as well but no dice so far!
  21. yakarov79 was gracious enough to grant permission to use his newly released F-100C/D skins for these, so I did a few quick tweaks and got the decals showing on his skins. These are by far better than what I had started with! Here's the newest variation of the Kansas Super Sabres..... 1961-1965 McConnell AFB, Kansas (Minor Work Left) 1965-1969 McConnell AFB, Kansas (still in works) 1968-1969 Deployment to Kunsan AB, RoK (Minor work left) 1969-1971 McConnell AFB, Kansas (Minor Work Left) Still working on tail numbers, tweaking decals, and a few minor changes on the skins for most of these. The most difficult one for me is the 1965-1968, the red/white details around the front windscreen and air intake and on the fuselage are a struggle for me currently!
  22. The 127th TFS operated the F-100C Super Sabre from 1961–1971 as part of the Kansas Air National Guard located at McConnell AFB, Kansas. I wanted to bless the SF2 skies with some of their liveries.... I've ended up with (4) variations. 1961-1965 1965-1968 1968-1969 January 1968, following the North Korea seizure of the USS Pueblo (AGER-2), the unit was ordered to extended active duty, and deployed to Kunsan Air Base, South Korea. The unit was assigned to the 354th Tactical Fighter Wing until release from active duty and return to state control in June 1969. 1969-1971 I've confirmed (10) different tail numbers of F-100C's operated by the 127th TFS. I'm still working on the 1965 era skin, having a little bit of issues with the red design around the intake and on the fuselage. Trying to get it to look like this: I'll keep tinkering with it.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..