-
Posts
1,778 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Store
Everything posted by FalconC45
-
My time at GFEST XXI was awesome. It was more intense than last year and extremely exciting for me. I met few friends that I talk to on Facebook this year like last year. The trip was long about 6 hour drive from Dayton Ohio. I did a lot of panels this year than last year. Here’s a few of the panels I did. Ghidorah’s 15th Anniversary – King Ghidorah is one of my favorite bad guy monsters. I just love the design of him. Most of the time he got his ass kicked by Godzilla but some of his films, he almost defeated the king of the monsters. The panel was about the films he was in and the various designs of him. The only film he was a good guy was the ’01 film Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: All out Monster attack! (I may got the title wrong) Godzilla ’14: The Good, The Bad and ?: The so-called discussion of the new film. It was basically a bashing panel because they took most of the time discussing of the bad things. But few of GFANs defended it which made me glad I’m a fan. Us fans are basically a niche group – a double sword if you will. Some fans aren’t happy even if you make a perfect Godzilla film. It reminds me of another niche group I belong to: Flight simmers. Kaijucast: Sound of Monsters: Basically a podcast I listen to on the web. It was a live broadcast. I had a blast! The discussion was about the soundtracks of Akira Ifukbe and other film composers. Second half was about various monster roars and how they were made. I learned a lot on it. Kaiju Toys part 1 & 2: Discussion of figure collecting. The panel was about the different Japanese & American companies and the discussion how to take care of them because some of these figures are investments; especially vintage figures (I got 2 from the 80’s and a giant toy from ‘77). The panel went along to the future releases from various companies. I had a friend on the panel too. His name is Rich Eso. He has a figure review channel on Youtube called Fresh Vinyl Reviews. It is called that because most figures are made from soft vinyl. You’ll enjoy his videos. He is very entertaining and informative. The best parts of the convention are to meet various actors and actresses from various films and even SFX people and suit actors & suit designers. This year was focus on 1975’s film called Terror of MechaGodzilla. It is one of my favorite films in the Showa era. I met one of my crushes in this year’s GFEST. Tomoko Ai (Japanese say their last names first unless they are good friends or dating) was more beautiful than she looked in ’75. While I was in line for her autograph and picture my right hand was beginning to shake. I was very nervous too. When I met her all of my nervousness went away. It was her smile :) that made me at ease. My picture was unfortunately was burry but thanks to my mother she arranged another picture taking for me so I got to be close to Ai again :) :) :) <3 <3 <3. The only complaint about the autograph session was the cost. Last year you could get all of the autographs for ten bucks. Now you need to pay for each actor and actress! I couldn’t get Ai’s co actor Katsuhiko Sasaki’s autograph basically because I was saving my money for the Dealer’s room! Kind of made me a lil ticked off to be honest with you. The second best part besides the Dealer’s room (LOL) was the in house tv channel full of monster goodness. Every tv series from Iron Knight to Ultraman, every monster movies from The Green Slime to Japanese monster movies was playing. Hell I watched a giant monster movie from Demark with subtitles! The most unforgettable experience at this year’s GFEST was going to Akira Ifukube 100th Anniversary Orchestra Concert! 3 hours of classic Godzilla soundtrack goodness! At the Dealer’s room I spent $1,200 total! Enough said! On to the pics! Enjoy! Me and Tomoko Ai My stash. I bought one more next day. A Marmit Kiryu (MechaGodzilla '03 with weapon package) figure. The most expensive figure I bought was the Limited edition X-PLUS '62 Godzilla with lighted fins (the huge dark green one beside the Varan box, he fought King Kong in the 1962 movie) The bright orange one was unfortunately a bootleg, well the dealer was asking 75 for it but came down to 50 for me. The cup is a movie theater cup from Japan, you can't get it in the US. The smaller colored figures are theater exclusives from Japan. They are free when you go to the opening day at a theater to see a Godzilla movie or a Gamera movie. I almost have the complete set of Godzilla vs. Megaguirus figures by the way. The Gamera theater exclusive was the only one I found there. Its from Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris. The box on the Varan box is a set of 6 inch Bandai Godzilla '75 and Titanourus (misspell) from the '75 movie Terror of MechaGodzilla which Tomoko Ai starred in. She signed the box for me at the autograph session. The silver figure is Kiryu '03. I got the limited edition Black version of him at home. The 3 headed figure is Mecha King Ghidorah from the 90's remake of Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. I'll post more pics tonight. I'm hungry Falcon
-
....to go to GFEST XXI a Godzilla convention tomorrow. I'll take pics. I'm bringing my communicator/tablet with me so keep a eye out for reports! I'll be coming home Sunday after hitting Celaba's for their wild game deli & the gun hall. Falcon
-
actually its from this: http://io9.com/holiday-travel-would-be-more-bearable-if-airports-looke-1600822880?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow scroll down to see the full video. Falcon
-
Glad you're still kicking my friend. As for me I'm done with my chemo for my cancer. I'm getting stronger every day :). As for anime, I got a free anime streaming site for you: http://www.waoanime.tv/ It has anime that hasn't been released in state side yet :) Enjoy :) Falcon
-
True but don't think the LA-11 could fly at 35 knots or lower.... Falcon
-
Will you guys look into the LA-11 FM? They cheat! LOL! Falcon
-
Never left ;). But now I can leave my old XP driven laptop at home when I'm going to respite or going on a vacation. I'm on my desktop right now though. Falcon Yup. Now I need to figure out how to install skype. My new communication device/tablet has 2 cameras. I can take pictures once I install the special mount system onto my chair. How cool is that?! Falcon
-
Thanks guys :). Falcon
-
First, I'M FRIGGIN DONE WITH CHEMO!! I finished it last month. Sorry for not telling you earlier, I was resting and waiting for the vomiting to stop before I post the news. Second, I did a CT Scan yesterday and my doctor called my mother that evening... The tumor is continuing to getting smaller and the cancer IS GONE FOLKS! I think I beat this motherfucker! WAHOOOOOO! Third, my mother and I are planning a party to celebrate! I know some of you can't be there but you know what? You guys will be there in spirit! I'll post the details once me & my mom figure out the plans. Fourth, after thanksgiving, my mother & I are going to.... DISNEY WORLD! :). Enough said about that! Again, thank you sooooo much of supporting me through this. You guys gave me hope & strength :) I count every one on here as my friend. Thank you :). Erik aka Falcon
- 26 replies
-
- 10
-
-
Excited about this as well. Mainly because the director isn't using CGI at all. In fact he's using physical EFX like models. Falcon
-
I saw it today in 3D. Sorry for the inbound cussing but... HOLY FUCK! Gareth the director did the king of the monsters the right respect he deserves. I'll do an review of the movie if you guys want. I'll try to not put in spoilers in the review. But I'll try my best if you want me to. Falcon
-
About 2 weeks after my last day. I'll do a CT scan. Falcon
-
Tomorrow is my last 5 day treatment. WAHOOOOOOOO! But I'm kind of scared, last treatment I did 3 weeks ago I was very sick. So hopefully I know what to expect next 2 weeks. This means I might hafta cancel the movie outing to see Godzilla on opening weekend but that's ok. I'm just glad I made it this far. Ya'know what I mean? I'm so ready to get this last week of chemo to be done. Falcon
-
Hi guys, I'm well enough to tell you whats going on. I did my third round of 5 day chemo treatments almost 2 weeks ago. I had a very rough time after that though. Alot of vomiting & coughing. But the good news that my doctor gave me 3 weeks to recover instead of the usual 2 weeks. The upcoming chemo week (May 5th) is my FINAL one. YAAAAAY! My mom and I are thinking of something big to celebrate so I'll keep you guys posted on that. On the lighter side of things, my first of Godzilla pre-orders came in today. Its the 30cm X-Plus '64 Godzilla figure. These X-Plus figures are "suit accurate" which means you'll see zippers and peek holes like on the actual suit. I will take pics of it once I borrow my mother's dryer to put the tail in. Oh, I flew on SF2 last weekend. Felt good despite that my gunnery SUX! LOL. Well that's it for now. I'm hanging in there and glad this will be over soon. Falcon
-
As promised. PICS! Batman protecting a citizen ;) Imperial Stormtrooper! Falcon
-
Tomorrow is my third round of chemo. After this I will have my final round! YAY! Just in time for the release of the new Godzilla movie! To celebrate I'm going to see it on its opening weekend. And I have another plans to celebrate but my mother & I need to work out the details first ;). Today I went to a local comic con and had a blast. Spent money of course but I had fun being with other people with same interests. I will post pics soon. :) Falcon
-
OK. I'm very green with envy LOL Falcon
-
I grew up watching Looney toons. When I was in my early teens, I actively searched for old, old toons like betty boop, woody woodpecker etc. I really enjoyed them. Then I saw a old superman toon from 50's (I think). Wow, the level of attention of detail, the smoothness of the animation was incredible. One toon of today that has the same style of animation quality in my opinion was Batman the animated series. Anyway my fav looney toon was with leghorn & harry the hawk :). Falcon
-
Well my lower lymph nodes are 50 percent smaller... YAY! BUT... *sigh* they found a blood clot near my pelvis. They don't know how long it has been there or if the cancer had caused it or not. But my doctor immediately called my mother and told her to go to another center to learn how to give shots in my stomach. This was yesterday, shortly after I vomited and laid down to rest (I vomited right after taking my anti-nausea medicine). May mother told him about that and he told her that he'll ask the center to re-hydrate me and give me some anti-nausea meds thru my port. My mother had a hell of a time getting my anti-clot meds. She had to go to another city (about 4 miles from the suburb I live in) to get them. I started my anti-clot medicine last night. It wasn't bad. A little sting and it fated within about 3 minutes. I need to take them for 3 months at least. And I need to watch myself of not getting scratched and my mother will tell my aides to be extra careful in transferring me with my ceiling lift. Well, the blood clot is another chapter of the saga of Erik LOL Falcon
-
Dave, my friend, he'll be with you in spirit always. Don't forget that. Erik
-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE! Sorry for being late. Falcon
-
But its very draining on me now. The last two days were brutal. I was in bed mostly. But I'm almost done and next Friday I'll do a CT Scan if my lymph nodes in my lower waist are getting smaller. Falcon
