-
Posts
13,466 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
64
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Store
Everything posted by Flanker562
-
Agreed, but it's the only workaround I have so it works as best as possible.
-
I found it Stratos. Seems a "turn on/turn off" is just to switch from High to Unlimited and I can do that easily. Thanks!
-
Okay cool, I can look in the Downloads section and see what happens too. Thanks
-
Is it only for dark mission though? Will I have to remove it for use during the day?
-
Missions not showing in Single missions list.
Flanker562 replied to Redtail's topic in General Discussion
@allenjb42 can probably help since he's on the YAP-RW. Not many people here as far as I know use it. That or ask on the FB group when you get access. -
-
ODS 30TH EDITION screen goes black after after launching
Flanker562 replied to roony265's topic in General Discussion
What plane are you using? It could be that's the problem. -
This is something I tried years go. It doesn't work as well (I tried recoloring the HUD, no worky for me, or maybe because it was in the middle of the day). It worked with the A-6E TRAM but with the Growler/Super Hornet no such luck. I mean the game doesn't care what time of day I fly (and neither do I, I fly daytime). Unfortunately unless some miracle happens with a programmer or things happen with a patch, then I'll stick to day flying only.
-
You're not hijacking the thread (not too much anyway) so your concerns are pretty valid given the touchy nature of YAP and YAP-RW so far. I just hope that things work out for the better with YAP-RW and so on. Cliff7600 will look at the files and hopefully provide a workable solution to the FM issue with the Prowler though. It flies okay just trapping is a nightmare and frankly understand why trapping is such a clincher for some people. I mean I get more focused on landing than on a normal runway, but the ease of some jets takes away the worry.
-
Thanks, I'll PM him and see what happens.
-
Are there any FM gurus still around? I'm having some issues with the Prowler. No matter what I can't seem to land it right. I know I'm flying okay and can trap other fighters fine, but this one is pissing me off. I know it's not me, and methinks the Prowler FM needs some tweaking and so on. I mean it's not my mod, but I'm hoping somebody is willing to look at it and help out as no matter what I do, it lands all wrong and know it's not me.
-
Couldn't you make one in the future?
-
Also one thing I noticed about radars is that they'll lock onto you and then burn through your jamming. I fired a couple HARMs at a radar, and it seemed to get "angry" and lock onto me earlier than normal. Usually you have more than one system painting you so it shouldn't matter, but that's one thing I remember from a test mission one time. Just thought I'd pass it along in case you're hunting a solitary system (and with the way that people with map skills do things, it's kinda hard).
-
I know that but it seems strange that everybody is like "mandatory screenie" when there's no need to.
-
This is a WIP thread, not a screenshot thread. I mean it's always been that way
-
Okay so far YAP just needed the avionics and cockpit for the F/A-18E since there's was pretty much incomplete. I referenced the names that did the actual work (I just did the skins and now working on it) so hopefully they're credited.
-
I admit I'm a bit leery of them too, and not too excited (too much) about YAP using my bird. But if I read the zip file right, may not be using my bird after all, just have to get a reply on that and I'll go from there.
-
Thanks, but I think the Super Hornet in question if the download is what he's expecting, isn't my Super Hornet, so I may dodge that bullet.
-
Oh yeah, I've been talking via PM with one of the guys for YAP and one of my jets may be included, from what I saw looks like the F/A-18E, but not sure, so that's on the horizon for me.
-
Nice, it's definitely a game changer as I don't fly at night.
-
-
Been playing around with the EA-6B Superpack by HomeFries. So far it's pretty good and I think it's a good plane, I just need to force myself to learn how to trap the bird (that DIANE sight gets in my way and makes it difficult). Anyway, for my fictional squadron here's my custom Prowler ICAP III. The weathering is experimental, as my references don't have much gunk on it, but it's always a work in progress skin that I fly sometimes:
-
Going for another try at trapping. One day I'll figure it out in the Prowler, but today is not that day. It's the cockpit that screws me up,, and I prefer a HUD compared to the what I believe is the DIANE sight, as it blocks the view of the deck when I'm coming in. The A-7, Growler all have HUDs so I can work out what to do, not the Prowler. I'll stick to land bases instead.
-
These are proposed schemes by Fightertown sent to VFC-12 if I understand it right. If VFC-12 didn't use them then they're essentially What If schemes and so on, so no going to the PAO for something that doesn't exist at the unit.
-
Looking good torno
- 55 replies
