Jump to content

Flanker562

MODERATOR
  • Posts

    13,427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

Everything posted by Flanker562

  1. Did some "last-minute" work on the Taliban Fighters, gleaning knowledge from CUP on how to do some categories and stuff. I condensed the Taliban units into one category and grouped the HVTs so they're easier to find among the Regulars I sub-categorized for the mod. It's good to know I can find stuff to keep it going and more usable down the line (I hope), rather than creating a lot of categories and stuff to navigate and the like. Still tomorrow: - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters
  2. https://forum.dcs.world/topic/392164-matt-wags-wagner-11101968-09072026/
  3. I was getting back from PT at Fort Hood when it happened. My roommate told me as he had a TV, and showed the planes and news commentator commenting on the event. It's a life changing moment for sure, and will be remembered.
  4. I posted another blog entry: "It's September 11" https://www.ejwriting.info/post/it-s-september-11
  5. Managed to get all of the relevant helicopters done. I did it for the majority (the UAS didn't bother, as you're not piloting that one in the cockpit at least). As for the rest it's pretty much done. I didn't do the early model MH-60s (the AL and A) since I believe they flew with the doors on most of the time, though I think the ref shot shows it without doors, not sure but will look for the Prime Chance version. Anyway so for Sunday they'll be ready for upload. Not much else on the horizon though, so that's good I got most of the stuff done already since I had a free afternoon, and a lot of copying and pasting, and so on. But I like it. It should be noted that the SOAR birds will have it hidden, while you can still toggle the doors on, just that they start out without the doors for the pilot/co-pilot positions. Just a thing for them. Again, you can Scroll-wheel menu them on and go fly.
  6. Managed to finally get the 'removable" doors on the MH-92s. I'm sure Larpers would want some doors (especially on the 160th birds) on their birds when flying, so I'll phase them in as time goes on, now that I finally got the code and model to work. By default for the MH-92s they're "off", so you just need to scroll wheel them on or off, depending on your mood.
  7. I usually set them up as SEAD missions, and disable the enemy AA defenses, and I can at least fly any plane with that role around for sightseeing.
  8. Okay now that it's a quiet moment... The RSLF UH-60M was missing it's HMD, so I added it for Sunday, as well as removing the suppressor on the TF562 MX SW. Normally I'd leave it on an assault rifle converted (much like the M27) for an LMG, but methinks it's better to leave it off. One I like the sound of a machine gun, and figured the amount of rounds put through it would cause jams (but it's Arma so they don't model things like that, unless it's ACE3) more or less due to the amount of bullets put through it. Besides I think SF normally keeps the suppressor off their LMGs (or whatever they use) and use it since well, the enemy knows they're there anyway, so whatever. Mods uploading for Sunday: - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters I'm starting to integrate the Marine complement in my missions, as I develop more tasks for them to do and such. Normally with the Taliban Fighters mod, mainly ETTs and such, not so much a fighting complement.
  9. I mean that map would be good for a lot of What If and other scenarios, I'll probably download it just to fly around it and admire the handiwork.
  10. Yeah you can take real world kN ratings and use it for your engine(s). I remember hearing that TK used to be an aeronautical engineer or something, so a lot of the values that you can find, are usable with the jets in the game.
  11. No A-A TGP function works, strictly A2G targets (if you have one equipped).
  12. I mean it's a technique. Not a good one, but it is one.
  13. Looking much better, fixed the layers, now looks good enough to prevent Marines from trying to kill me lol:
  14. Here's the USMC WIP for the Desert pattern. The overall feel is that it's muted, and frankly looks like crap, so I'll tweak it better as time goes on. It's fine as far as pattern and stuff, but the filters make it look too dark for some reason. Anyway, I'll work on it as I go.
  15. ADuke's UH-1Y Venom RC27 - Should support retextures through hiddenSelections
  16. I'm sure if there was a model for him, he'd put it in though, but we'll probably have to settle for the Mcdee's and such. I wish i could model in 3DSMAX though, then I would be able to do a lot with the game. As such my fun is Arma 3, but that's that. Also I think I saw and went to a White Castle when I was a kid, back in Colorado and such.
  17. I guess, I live in the city since 2013 and never saw one, maybe out west somewhere. And that's bad, crappy service no matter what isn't a good look, not at all.
  18. I haven't had that in a long time myself, I kinda miss White Castle and their tiny burgers.
  19. Yeah fair, I was mainly joking though as I don't really look for the MdDonalds on a base though, as I'm usually just focused on the mission, and not so much the terrain. That is of course it has some highlights to look forward to and such.
  20. Honestly, I stopped flying Strike missions on that map for that reason alone. I like a challenge like everybody else, but when you've got enemy fighters and SAMs flying at you, death is inevitable. I don't know what pervaded TK to think that a flight could take out a carrier, and like to know the thought process on that train of thought to be honest with you. I like dropping bombs or missiles on shacks, hangars, and other assorted paraphernalia that normal strike missions entail, not trying to fight a battle group. I mean I suppose Nightshade/PR launches a nuke at it, and wins it, but for the conventional people it's a bitch.
  21. Looking at (and started) to update the MH-60Ms and MH-92s by at least starting to remove the old horizon balls from the geometries of the helicopters. I know the EGI replaced that and looking to figure out how to do that for the helicopters to update them and upgrade them a bit. I noticed this on the Hatchet birds, but I can look at that. Also will look at scroll wheel removable doors in the future as well. I know some like to LARP reality and stuff, so we'll see on that. I started it but didn't quite enjoy going through every helicopter since some like the doors on, and I just leave them on or off.
  22. I mainly stick to TurboSquid, because I feel safe more or less buying models, than Sketchfab or other places.
  23. Yes because you need more than just that one I'm afraid. If it doesn't populate the whole map, I'm not downloading it lol
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..