Jump to content

Flanker562

MODERATOR
  • Posts

    13,427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

Everything posted by Flanker562

  1. I had this good idea fairy attack and wanted to incorporate the XM7 into the Taliban Fighters mod, but I realized that would mean a dependency, and not integrated into the mod itself. Since I can't get the source files for the mod, I shelved that idea, given the modular nature and the fact that a lot of people make compats anyway, so then they would riot too, and not like the change. I think they like where it's at (I hope anyway) a good place. But again, if I can't utilize it in the organic mod, then it wouldn't be right to force it on players who are already doing good things. Anyway, the CompM4 update won't happen for the Weapons Pack this week, maybe when I get some more additions to the Weapons Pack as far as needing to fix things and such, I'll upload. But for now on Sunday: - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack The DIRCM pod is so neat that I'm surprised it didn't take hours to animate right. I guess I know what I'm doing.
  2. ADuke Kiowa Warrior RC28 - Fixed black windows, didn't have the referenced files ready when packing last on the P drive.
  3. I'm sure if i had the dimensions I would ask him
  4. Well, I don't know how (maybe experience does count) for the DIRCM pod. I set it up correctly, and it animated. I don't know if it's the right class name, but it should rotate when it shoots the laser to dazzle the missile. I'm going to make the cone bigger so it covers more of the area. I don't know how it works in-game, but I think the ECM pod works too, as it seems that most of the missiles (Nyx) missed me in one session, so it may have worked, or not. Anyway, I just kitbashed the FLIR system onto the ECM Pod, but it may or may not work as intended; I don't know. Here's a WIP shot:
  5. Also, as I go through the Pilot missions, I'm slowly making the Evac chopper not invincible. I think that's one of the things I dislike, but I also kinda like the idea that, with the SAMs and stuff around, you gotta make sure it won't get shot down. Also, I went over the various Clafghan and Kidal missions; they're uploaded now and will populate for the players who play them, so that's done. I found a mission I don't use, and I need to work on it and decide what to do with it. But as I figure out stuff within the game, more changes that I need to make, and so on.
  6. Not much is slated for this week so far. I tweaked the CompM4 model so it doesn't look the way it does now when sitting on a top mount. It's a minor tweak and not critical to update this Sunday so far. I mean, nobody's saying anything, and the updates should populate. I do want to work on a DIRCM system the MH-92s could use, so I have a basic idea of what it looks like; I just don't know how to animate it unless it's a simple turret system, and I need to ask on the Arma Discord what exactly to do sometime. Again, it's not pressing, but I feel like the system could be used by players, or the ECM system is working out so far. The model tweaks were functional, so maybe it works better now with yesterday's update, or not. In my opinion, it's still a WIP for BIS, so we'll see.
  7. With the AIM-424 coming about, it's just the fact that I don't have any modeling skills to make one. I know it would be a good idea since that's where the US Navy/Air Force is going in the direction of, but unless somebody makes one, I won't be able to work on one. I'll have to depend on another modder to develop the missile and so on, so I am keeping an eye on the forums in case somebody does actually do one, and like most modders, I'll add it to the download for the Super Hornet, just to make sure that it is in a virgin download in case somebody doesn't have it, or not available anywhere else: https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2026/08/us-navy-unveils-aim-424-malice-lraam/
  8. Okay, now that I've uploaded the mods and Steam has populated them, I don't have much on my plate. ADuke is working on the Samson and had an interesting conversation with someone who needs a mod made. I got a lot on my plate despite Arma modding, so I can't always help out. That's just the nature of the beast, and I can't always help people out, much as I would like to. Anyway, nothing is planned yet. I need to go on the Arma Discord and learn how to do a DIRCM pod for the MH-92s, since that might be more appreciated than the ECM Pod I made. I don't think it's too difficult- just a turret system, I think- and that will require some model.cfg stuff, and I've not been too good with it, but we'll see how it goes with what I intend to do in the future. Other than that, some stuff might come up, but maybe there's a week that's not busy.
  9. Flanker562 Helicopter Pack RC204 - Set the max weight for the MH-92 ECM pylons to 200, allowing for any user-made stuff to be added - Increased sensor range for the MH-92 ECM Pod. - MH-92 ECM Pod can be mounted on the vanilla mount for the nose pods for the MH-80 series. - Tweaked ECM Pod model some more - "MH-92 ECM Pod" renamed to "AN/ALQ-240 ECM Pod". Flanker562 Weapons Pack RC139 - Fixed the underbarrel weapons, now function as intended. For some reason the Masterkeys don't show the sight like it used to, even after checking the model, which is correct for a way to allow you to see the sight. I don't know what happened with the game, but don't do ADS for the Masterkey and you'll be fine. - Golden Eagles, The Initiative, and Raven PMC now show up in Compositions as their own entry. I had to do that in order to make it easier for mission designers to find the units without having to dig them out of the other elements in the Editor. Note that this prevents the units from being used by ALiVE though, so bear in mind I understand the likeness of that mod, but sometimes you gotta break free of something in order to get what you need to be done. - Numerous fixes Flanker562 Taliban Fighters RC32 - Group elements (squads, fireteams, etc.) now have appropriate icons for polish - Red Unit and Taliban are grouped in the Composition sections, now it's own listing. Note that the Red Unit Squad classname has changed, since it was a dupe of the original Taliban Squad. US Militia RC9 - Now has its own category in the Groups section and has relative icons for the squads as well. Flanker562 OH-76 Kiowa Warrior II RC2 - Fixed the M3P and GAU-19 designations; now shows the correct weapon when mounted - Has an appropriate map icon
  10. It's the French man, so you got me there.
  11. Google says that the Armee de' l'Air ones had metric to satisfy French requirements. Apparently the ones given to the RAF were metric too, from the French Air Force if I understood the text right.
  12. Okay then, fair enough I guess lol
  13. I've been here since April 3, 2005, and I'm wondering when the family portion comes in... Like who's family?
  14. Yeah, if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's easy to tell I think anyway, but I usually fly a limited set of planes anyway, so I don't mess with stuff I don't know I need to mess with.
  15. I think my TM HOTAS One is like 169 bucks, so I like it a lot myself, but that's pretty decent, and Logitech isn't bad quality, but yeah save up for a better stick though.
  16. Su-27 Flanker (OG plane), Super Hornet mostly now though, and the Growler.
  17. Nobody wants to help you... Just kidding The TGP automagically slews to the target when pressing E (other than the main target for Strike Missions. Once you destroy that you can attack targets of opportunity) when equipped. But SF2 doesn't have a way to slew it manually, just press E and find a target and go from there. I'd also recommend binding a padlock feature to your stick, or whatever key. And when you can (or if you're able to) download the Range map to practice that stuff without having to tear your hair out trying to do a bomb run, etc.
  18. Spent some time fixing the underbarrel weapons in my Weapons Pack. Apparently, either I was doing it wrong before, or BIS changed stuff to break it; either way, it's fixed for Sunday. It took some time to figure out what to do, but now things are working as intended. The only issue is that the Masterkey OP_Look isn't being recognized, so I need to look into that and see what I need to rename it to so the game finds the memory point I made and it's at least functional for players to use.
  19. Okay I finally figured out how to make separate groups and show their names as well. The net result is that it won't be ALiVE compatible. I know some like that functionality and I don't blame you, but I like my stuff to be seen as properly as possible, and that's the result of needs versus compatibility. I'm sure some liked it, and maybe use it, but I gotta separate the units so I can find them, and so for you as well. So I'll be uploading the Weapons Pack this Sunday (Saturday was just an exception), along with everything else above: - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters - Flanker562 US Militia - OH-76 Kiowa Warrior II - Flanker562 Weapons Pack
  20. Okay, I did some hunting and pecking through the config for the XX-80s, and only the MH-80 variants can use the MH-92 ECM Pod. I may rename it to something like an "AN/ALQ-240" or something, just to make it look like it's "official," like a real ECM pod, rather than just "MH-92 ECM Pod," sorta lore-base it or whatever. Anyway, I did some tweaks, and if you're interested in the basic model, then it's on the #arma3-github If you somehow missed that. Anyway, not much else is planned right now. I think the lineup so far is okay, good for Sunday: - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters - Flanker562 US Militia - OH-76 Kiowa Warrior II The only sitrep on the SA-2 Samson is that it's been worked on, I talked to ADuke last week and he's been working on that. I also commissioned him to do a Wreck model for the OH-58 Kiowa Warrior so sometime I think after the Samson we'll see that, if not sooner. Anyway, things are being done, and getting done, if not slowly.
  21. Some work from the Helicopter Pack. On a whim I made the MH-92 ECM Pod available to the MH-80/DAP, and vanilla UH-80s with the appropriate Pylon name. Apparently there is no ECM system for the XX-80 series, but more geared to the 160th helos and such. I may make a custom setup, but for now it works, and I'm happy:
  22. After talking with a guy regarding the MP versions of my Pilot missions, we're fixing it so that there's no errors and issues when logging into play one of the missions on a server. I didn't know MP tweaking, and with VTECH's help, been fixing the issues that plagued them and now it seems that there is a good fix for them, and been going through my MP missions so that they work as intended. Right now most of them are done, with others still needing to be done, as there's a lot to go through (the issues of having a lot of missions lol), but tomorrow I should be able to fix the rest of the missions, barring what I get done after posting this, and hopefully players can enjoy some MP time with these missions, and not see a black screen.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..