Jump to content

Flanker562

MODERATOR
  • Posts

    13,427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

Everything posted by Flanker562

  1. Nah, there's some good texture artists out there, and I have a possible lead on a job, just worked my ass off earlier this week getting things ready for the possible job, but yeah... As for bennies my understanding was ten years, oh well, I got a couple years then, may change my mind then, who knows.
  2. I'm at the point right now that I lean towards jobs such as forum moderator (as a paid role, not volunteer like here, and wouldn't consider leaving CA unless it became necessary) or texture artist rather than something I need a degree for. Right now I just don't see the utility of advancing into a higher bracket of learning. I don't miss Algebra, and wish it wasn't part of the curriculum, otherwise I would be more motivated to do it. I just don't care, I mean I can get a D in it, but that might affect my disability benefits, so my Dad tried before he died to get me into it, but you can't lead a horse to water and to expect him to always drink, which is my mental attitude about it. I'm just not thirsty. Maybe in the future, but I don't see it worth it right now, not in this job market.
  3. That's the effect of going to college in the later years. For my past college I did online only, and should I get a Bachelors I'll do the same. I'm just old, and it's starting to show.
  4. I meant the early 1900s actually, sorry for the confusion
  5. ADuke Kiowa Warrior RC27 - Added BIS weapons to the pylons, for more varied loadouts compared to the set configuration before. - Future plans: Will incorporate a proper Wreck model. Will get with ADuke to see if he can either make one or send it over, but is in future plans. - Fixed the M3P and GAU-19 designations; now shows the correct weapon when mounted (thanks, Fimpen)
  6. I think the 1900s are a long way off my friend, it's 2026...
  7. Got an error (before I uploaded so I missed it yesterday as it showed up this morning) with the Kiowa/Kiowa Warrior II regarding the GAU-19. The weapon and stuff shows up as normal, but didn't show it in the listing, it showed up as M3P, so I fixed that, and will update next Sunday. I have some alibis with the OH-76, but other fixes will probably be needed, but so far quiet even though I just uploaded. So next Sunday: - Flanker562 US Militia - OH-76 - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters I pretty much completed the mods as of right now, but I like to do a block of mods, and worry about the other thing. And as I was sitting thinking, I may do a DIRCM for the MH-92s as well, though I may have to figure out what needs to be done besides the config. I think I know what to do, and assume I'm right, but without a sample model I am just stabbing in the dark and such.
  8. Flanker562 Helicopter Pack RC203 Updated and redid some RVMATs, particularly for the Fire Geometry on most helicopters Added the new ECM Pods on the BattleHawk and CheroHawk. BattleHawk has the new nose pods for use with the helicopter. Requires Game Version 2.22 Per the update, the drop tanks now function as they should Updated various code for the locking and countermeasures system Containers with weapon systems now have a full datalink suite equipped TF562 Medic uses a custom Kitbag (MTP) for its care items; it has a Medkit, 10 First Aid Kits, two regular and two red smoke grenades, and two green chemlights. Also makes him stand out less when fighting the units. Added a removable ECM Pod for the MH-92 helicopters. It is currently WIP, and as I get familiar with how it works, I'll improve it over time or leave it as is. This is in case the mission needs the jammer pod to be present. By default, it mounts on helicopters when they spawn. Fixed the Co-pilot position of the BattleHawk; now seats as intended due to a proxy index misnumbering. Removed some Laser Designators from TF562 units, as they would use that in lieu of their primary weapon when in combat. Only the JTAC has a Laser Designator equipped for designation missions. TF562 Squad can now be used by mods like ALiVE. Replaced a TF562 Rifleman with a Medic in the prefab squad Added the new MH-80 helicopters, using the new ones from the 2.22 update, keeping the names but also specific, like Inventory equipment and stuff that the 160th uses in my interpretation. A DAP version is also used as well. Black River PMC has an appropriate icon in the Groups menu for it's role. Task Force 562 has its own Category in the Groups section Changed the classname of the RWG Repair Truck, was conflicting with one of my own mods. AH-1Z Rc31 Added the new drop tank system to the helicopter Removed pylon assignments to the pylons, now only accepts Hellfires/Scalpels on the outside pylons only Requires Game Version 2.22 Persian Islamic Front RC4 Requires Game Version 2.22 Entries in the Groups now have an appropriate icon for polish Now has its own entry in the Compositions area. Better Infantry RC9 Added a FIA (BLUFOR) element to the mod, redoing some of the weapon magazines that the units use, swapping out BIS 5.56 for surplus (From the Marines) Mk318 rounds, as well as Boat Tail ammo for the Mk200 LMG. Added other code to make them a bit more aware and such, allowing them to be possibly more effective on the battlefield. Requires game version 2.22 Flanker562 OH-76 Kiowa Warrior II RC1 First Release Flanker562 Friendly CSAT RC3 Removed Better Infantry CSAT squad Added a basic Infantry squad, can be found under NATO/Infantry/Friendly CSAT Infantry Squad Requires Game Version 2.22
  9. Unfortunately, a critical fix had to be uploaded for the Weapons Pack, so there's that. For next Sunday: - Flanker562 Persian Islamic Front - Flanker562 US Militia - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters
  10. Flanker562 Weapons Pack RC138 - Added a Boat Tail magazine for the Mk200 - Task Force Black now has an A-Team for missions as either player units or AI opposition, but is found in Groups/NATO/Special Forces - Requires Game Version 2.22 - Task Force Black has its own Category in the Groups section - Fixed pathnames for the PVS-14s https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667711976&tscn=1730224266
  11. Okay, I've been spending some time working on the CfgGroups stuff and figuring things out through trial and error. Seriously, it's going pretty well, and I'm finding some new stuff to add to the mix. A lot of the units that were mashed in with the stock stuff are slowly coming out into the open, so to speak, and they now have their own listings in the Compositions (I call it Groups) section, which will help mission makers if they choose to use my units. It looks good, and I like how it's turning out, as I'm kinda excited to learn another facet of Arma modding. I really think I learned a bit more. I noticed a bug with the Raven PMC Gun Truck. I think the classname or something is wrong, even though a quick look at the Assets page online says it's correct, gotta open up a PBO and see what I can do better, as it may be a classname conflict or issue that I need to address.
  12. Okay that's tomorrow (above), here's next Sunday (not tomorrow): - Flanker562 Persian Islamic Front - US Militia - Flanker562 Weapon Pack - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters
  13. Also got a request for the Kiowa Warrior to have access to more weapon systems, so I included the code for the BIS pylon weapons too, so you can vary your loadout a bit, and cross into the future and such. Will show up tomorrow - Friendly CSAT - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - OH-76 Kiowa Warrior II - AH-1Z - Better Infantry - ADuke Kiowa Warrior
  14. Doing some checking, and found that I had mistakenly added the Better Infantry CSAT squad to the Friendly CSAT mod. After figuring out what I had done, I simply made a squad for the Friendly CSAT mod, so I added that, and now works as intended. Since it's a small mod, I'll upload it tomorrow, so: - Friendly CSAT - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - OH-76 Kiowa Warrior II - AH-1Z - Better Infantry
  15. As I was going to sleep, I thought I needed to improve the units I made for the various mods, so I'll focus on that next week, since knowing how to improve things helps polish the mods as needed. I'll post what I specified for this Sunday tomorrow, then work on the CfgGroups stuff after that, so next week you'll have some improved mods for use with your games.
  16. Been messing with the CfgGroups thing and going to add some class to my Helicopter Pack, at least for the TF562 units. I need to look into the other units, like the TF160, but since I deal with the "customers" for the TF160, I added a few things to the lineup. Now the TF562 A-Team is in the appropriate section (NATO/Special Forces) and in the right spot where the Lord intended. So now that I'm getting familiar with that, I can look into the Task Force Black units I made for the Weapons Pack, working on that stuff in secret; I won't upload the Weapons Pack just yet, as I have that work to do with TF Black and such, but it will be after this Sunday. I've added some magazines to the Weapons Pack, based on what I did elsewhere; I just need to update the Changelog:
  17. I don't think it will be unpopular, as personally I see that map as a different from the real world. And while Ace Combat gets a little frisky with the airplanes, I'm sure that a campaign or something will get skinners something to do, given the liveries that AC has for some of its jets.
  18. Did some checking on the FIA portion of the Better Infantry, and found out that for some reason the TRG-21 (stock rifle) doesn't accept my other mags for some reason. So I took a look at CUP and found out that CBA has a special magazine well, and that the weapon takes my custom Mk318 mags, so now the mod (Better Infantry) now requires CBA_A3. I know I try and keep the mod requirements to a minimum, but CBA isn't an unknown mod, so in line with allowing stuff for my mags to work, it's a small price. I already updated the Workshop page, and now it requires CBA to run, just for one magazine. I kinda don't like it, but I do use CBA for a lot of stuff, and the capability is allowed, so that's that. Now that I figured some stuff out, the mod works as intended.
  19. Some model tweaking and fixing the colors on the fans:
  20. Got a request to convert the Kiowa Warrior into a Dual Rotor configuration, and here you go. It's looking pretty cool, and frankly I'd like to do an AT-99 Scorpion but alas, this will suffice for now. The key difference is the motive system and weapons capability as well. It's a bit different, but I like how it turned out anyway, even though I thought it was a weird request. But he allowed me to upload it as a mod, so Sunday: - Better Infantry - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - "OH-76 Kiowa Warrior II" - AH-1Z
  21. It's a good thing I didn't give my advice, in which I don't fly with wingman at all. Just never liked them in most games as a whole, but good to see things working out.
  22. Playing one of my Pilot missions and the FIA soldiers were in contact, and they seemed to do okay, but I decided to give it a "boost" by adding some Better Infantry stuff to it. Right now it's only setup for the BLUFOR side, so it's a little biased. I may look into variations of the other two factions (Independent and OPFOR), but this Sunday's update will feature the BLUFOR faction for a couple of missions I actually use the FIA soldiers with, so that will get some possible testing done for the faction, so there's that, so this Sunday: - Better Infantry - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - AH-1Z
  23. Oh no, that's obviously the worst you can go through, as long as you're dying with a clear conscience. If I can help in any way let me know.
  24. I think there's an ASAT mod (I think it's in 1st Gen) in the SF1 section, by FastCargo. It even includes a satellite to shoot at.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..