Sign in to follow this  
Davy TASB

FAO UK OFF'ers - TIMEWATCH SAT 21st BBC2 8.00pm

Called WW1 Aces Falling - T'is about Mr Mannock and Mr McCudden. :smile:

Cheers Davy :good:

You lucky blighters!

But there's hope for me - sometimes BBC programs get translated and shown here.

Dammit - this didn't work for me (I'm in the web with an old rig with Windows 98 on board).

Davy, I rely on you. You'll get me/us informed when it will be shown on the newsgroups board?

Heres a snippet of it just to piss you off :biggrin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/timewatch/

Tried it. Not available in my area it says. Why you little ! :angry2: ...... I'm very very cranky :mad:

Looks good, about time a program about people other than the obvious Aces thanks Davy

A mix of old B&W and good cgi there too it seems?

Cheers for the heads up, I'll set that to record.

Had to chuckle at the title of this thread though. Am I the only one that did a quick double take? :lol:

Ya bunch of foa uk offer's even if you did tape it for us yanks you got the wrong kind of vcr's over there, dang.

I think that the BBC iplayer may well help out you Johnny foreigners. AFAIK, it should allow you to watch web based content from the Beeb anywhere at all, assuming that the programme is still available to view on the site (which generally happens within a day or two after the original screening, staying up for some days or weeks).

I'll be watching, supping a heady mix of Marston's Pedigree and hot castor oil.

I think they block non UK IP's as the UK population pays for the BBC in the "License Fee" (tax) we pay

"I think they block non UK IP's as the UK population pays for the BBC"

Have they? That's a bugger. Sorry, I hadn't appreciated that. I wonder if the full programme can be downloaded, saved and zipped off to interested colonials and Huns?

Incidentally Pol, thanks again for all your efforts on BH&H. I know it's OT, but please, please, please can my observer in my BE2c have a Lewis or Vickers to fend off the ghastly Bosche? I'm approaching industrial levels of paranoia any time a white blob appears on the radar...

Cheers Davy. I was thinking it'd be a usual BBC production until I watched the clip, it looks like it'll be a good watch. :good:

It's also covered in this month BBC History magazine as well.

Yes - I saw it tonight - excellent.

Learned a lot. certainly learned not to fly for the 85 squadron. I'll probably fly against them, though, when my pilot Heinz SOUPPE takes to the skies. :)

Good lad, that Jimmy!

Yes - I saw it tonight - excellent.

Learned a lot. certainly learned not to fly for the 85 squadron. I'll probably fly against them, though, when my pilot Heinz SOUPPE takes to the skies. :)

Good lad, that Jimmy!

Yes, can't claim I learned much new about either of them, but it was a decent enough account and worth watching just to actually see the various letters and diaries they'd written. 85 suadron's attitude to McCudden was utterly disgraceful and shameful.

That was pretty good actually, thanks for the warning.

.... 85 suadron's attitude to McCudden was utterly disgraceful and shameful.

The irony of that is, of course, that Mannock became CO of 85 Squadron in July '18. I wonder if 'someone had a word'.

It was great, i hadn't seen it before and new nothing of either of them. Sad they died weeks before the end.

The biggest thing that got me was they said "out of the 14,000 british pilots that died during ww1, 8000 of them died in training accidents"

Also when you see how some of them had crashed from even low heights, it puts a whole different meaning to that aircraft we crashed but thought we should have walked away from.

Dead is Dead is that little bit more realistic to me now having watched that because i'm sure some off the crashes i've had i should have survived... but now, maybe not.