Super Hornet shoots down Syrian Su-22

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MigBuster

MigBuster
  • 7,916 Posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:52:47 PM

https://uk.reuters.c...KKBN1990X7?il=0

Later the U.S. Central Command issued a statement saying the Syrian plane was downed "in collective self-defence of Coalition-partnered forces," identified as fighters of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) near Tabqah.

It said that "pro-Syrian regime forces" had earlier attacked an SDF held town south of Tabqa and wounded a number of fighters and driving them from the town.

Coalition aircraft in a show of force stopped the initial advance. When a Syrian army SU-22 jet later dropped bombs near the U.S. backed forces, it was immediately shot by a U.S. F/A-18E Super Hornet, the statement said.

https://www.rt.com/n...d-syrian-plane/

The downing of the Syrian warplane, an Su-22, was confirmed by an official press statement from Operation Inherent Resolve, the US-led international task force against IS, which accused the Syrian government of targeting fighters from the Syrian Democratic Forces, a Kurdish-led militia.

“At 6:43pm, a Syrian regime SU-22 dropped bombs near SDF fighters south of Tabqah and, in accordance with rules of engagement and collective self-defense of Coalition partnered forces, was immediately shot down by a US F/A-18E Super Hornet,” the statement read.

https://theaviationi...ything-we-know/

And here’s the response to the downing from the Russian MoD:

Statement of the Russian Defence Ministry concerning downing of the Syrian Su-22 near the town of Resafa

On June 18, 2017 the American fighter F-18A (Get it right!!) belonging to the international coalition shot down the Su-22 aircraft of the Syrian Air Force, which was performing a combat mission supporting the government troops, which were conducting the offensive against the ISIS terrorists near the town of Resafa (40 km to the south-west of the city of Raqqa).

As a result of the attack, the Syrian aircraft was destroyed. The pilot baled out over an ISIS-controlled area, his status is unknown.

The destruction of the aircraft of the Syrian Air Force by the American aviation in the air space of Syria – is a cynical violation of the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic.

Numerous combat activities of the US aviation carried out under the cover of “fight against terrorism” aimed against the legitimate Armed Forces of a UN-member is a blatant breach of the international law and is in fact an act of military aggression against the Syrian Arab Republic.

Moreover, at that time the aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces were also performing combat missions in the air space of Syria. However, the Command of the coalition forces did not use the existing channels of communication between the Command of the Al Udeid Air Base (Qatar) and the Hmeymim Air Base Command to prevent air incidents in the air space of Syria.

The Russian party considers those actions of the US Command as an intentional failure to fulfill its obligations within the Memorandum on prevention of incidents and providing of flight security during the operations in Syria dated October 20, 2015.

Since June 19, 2017, the Russian Defence Ministry has stopped the cooperation with the American party within the Memorandum on prevention of incidents and providing of flight security during the operations in Syria and demands a thorough investigation of the incident by the US Command with further providing of information on its results and the taken measures.

In the combat mission zones of the Russian aviation in the air space of Syria, all kinds of airborne vehicles, including aircraft and UAVs of the international coalition detected to the west of the Euphrates River will be tracked by the Russian SAM systems as air targets.

FA18Shootdown-OIR.png

Edited by MigBuster, 19 June 2017 - 07:10:35 AM.

• Caesar likes this
  • Falcon 4.0 (BMS 4.33)
  • DCS: World 1.5
  • First Eagles 2
  • Strike Fighters 2 / Europe / Vietnam / Israel /Expansion Pack 1 / Expansion Pack 2 / North Atlantic 
  • Specs: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3 1600 Dual Channel | SSDs: Samsung 830 / 840 / 850 Evo SATA 3 (250GB) | HDD1: Western Digital Blue SATA 3 (1TB) | MSI GeForce GTX-780 Twin Frozr OC 3G | Mobo: MSI Z87M Gaming | Case: AEROCOOL Dead Silence RED | Windows 10 (x64) Home | TrackIR 5 |CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | CH Pro Throttle | Packard Bell Maestro 240 LED (1080p)

gallery_8064_327_12358.jpg

Always treat your plane like you treat your woman. Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!

-- Lord Flasheart in Blackadder Goes Forth

#2 whiteknight06604

whiteknight06604

state of decay

• +MODDER
  • 3,975 Posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:54:51 PM

yeah might be a good idea for Syrian pilots not to leave the ground.

• Nesher likes this
Some ideas are so preposterous that only an intellectual could believe them. -- Orwell

This seems very true these days

#3 monks

monks
  • 1 Posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:04:58 PM

Terrible ..... Its time we all start to think a little.

Quote:

"accused the Syrian government of targeting fighters from the Syrian Democratic Forces, a Kurdish-led militia"

Don't forget to attack Turkey, they also seem to target Kurdish forces. 

#4 CrazyhorseB34

CrazyhorseB34

Tanker

• +MODDER
  • Political Arena, U.S. Army
  • 2,013 Posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:31:50 PM

Splash one Fitter.... Mother Fuckers!

About fucking time.....

Edited by CrazyhorseB34, 18 June 2017 - 11:32:16 PM.

"I am an American Soldier. I fight where I am told and win where I fight" G. S. P.
Posted Image

#5 Snailman

Snailman
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • Hungarian Defence Force, Political Arena
  • 1,325 Posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:11:16 AM

All the terrorists are applauding - now they have air cover. Congratulations to "our heroes"...  Allah Akbar America.

RZAhATmuJeo.jpg

Edited by Snailman, 19 June 2017 - 01:20:26 AM.

benczur_gyula_matyas_fogadja_a_papa_koveSa2.jpg

#6 76.IAP-Blackbird

76.IAP-Blackbird
  • +MODDER
  • Political Arena
  • 9,226 Posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:47:05 AM

The US is more interested in letting this war going on, than end it ... 

• Menrva likes this
Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong.
Posted Image

#7 Stratos

Stratos
  • EDITOR
  • Political Arena
  • 3,611 Posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:16:32 AM

The US is more interested in letting this war going on, than end it ... 

Agree 100%

#8 jeanba

jeanba
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 1,528 Posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:36:38 AM

Su-22 is USNavy's favorite target since 1981, it seems

#9 macelena

macelena
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • Political Arena, SPANISH ARMY
  • 3,685 Posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:00:51 AM

Somehow, i wish the Sukhoi pilot made it alive, but still, i think a NoFlyZone sould have been enforced before ISIS took over

• Menrva likes this
Posted Image Aur!Aur!Desperta Ferro!!

#10 Menrva

Menrva

Callsign "Dusk"

• Political Arena
  • 629 Posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:14:49 AM

Little sh*t hit the fan; Russia has confirmed that it will view US-led coalition aircraft as targets, from now on: http://www.bbc.com/n...e-east-40329036

Another article regarding today's rarity of air-to-air kills: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-40327934

• 76.IAP-Blackbird likes this

I'm curious to know, does the color of the sky matter to you?

#11 76.IAP-Blackbird

76.IAP-Blackbird
  • +MODDER
  • Political Arena
  • 9,226 Posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:31:36 PM

Same here

http://americanmilit...medium=facebook

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong.
Posted Image

#12 Snailman

Snailman
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 1,325 Posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:41:05 AM

In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.

#13 Swordsman422

Swordsman422

Navy Jet Tire Smoocher

• +MODDER
  • 330 Posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:00:40 PM

The aircraft involved appears to be "War Party 304" belonging to VFA-87 with CVW-8. There are conflicting reports of the weapon expended being either a pair of AIM-9X Sidewinders or a single AIM-120D AMRAAM.

O Lord, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small...

#14 JediMaster

JediMaster

Spam Lost its Appeal

• 10,050 Posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:08:04 PM

In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.

Yeah, it really would be best if every military in the world disbanded. Without them, no one would be eager to start a war.

In the future, all conflicts should be fought by the leaders, directly, with knives in a room.

The Jedi Master
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

#15 Snailman

Snailman
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 1,325 Posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:51:01 PM

I think, after some consideration, that all the world's conflicts are between the people and the power-holders (goverment, elite, etc).  Sounds a bit marxist, but this one feels true. There is no left or right, but up or down. The "up" trying to turn the "down" against each other to keep ruling them.

But, on the other hand, what "liberals" and other chaos-seekers are trying to achieve is to degrade all governments to a minimal level in the name of freedom and equality - but their masters are the trillionaire elite. What will arise from their chaos is the most brutal and cruel dictatorship ever seen in human history...  The pure despotism of money. 

Because you cannot be free without money..  you can do what you want if you have money for it.  And the one who has more money has more freedom and is more equal than you. If I have trillions, without a responsible government or equal institute to limit me - I can really do what I want. I can be perfectly free and rule. I can buy the hospital I can buy the press, the church, the school, I can enforce my own laws and even recruit a personal army. I am the state. And the circle is closed.

In theory I can be a "good king"...  But as Machiavelli said, fear is stronger than love. People can sooner betray those who they love than those whom they are afraid of... 

Edited by Snailman, Yesterday, 10:54:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests