About This File
MiG-25P Single-seat all-weather interceptor fighter aircraft, powered by two Tumansky R-15B-300 turbojet engines,
fitted with RP-25 Smerch-A1 radar and armed with four R-40 air-to-air missiles. NATO designation "Foxbat-A"
MiG-25PD Improved single-seat all-weather interceptor fighter aircraft, which entered service from 1979. Fitted with
R-15BD-300 engines and new N-005 Saphir-25 (RP-25M) Pulse-Doppler radar with look-down/shoot down capability,
based on the radar of the MiG-23ML. Could be fitted with four R-60 air-to-air missiles replacing outermost
two R-40 missiles. Late examples fitted with an undernose IR search and track system. NATO designation "Foxbat-E"
Export version included.
MiG-25PDS Upgrade of surviving MiG-25Ps to MiG-25PD standard from 1979. NATO designation Foxbat-E
- 3 old modelS / 4 planes revamped, fixed and great improved
- a new FM tweaked for SF-2
- a whole new skinset (including original reworked):
- PT-5500 fuel tank
- Eburger68 for 1st SF-2 portings
- Dave (USAFTML), Wpnssgt, Tomcat1974, Sundowner,
Ghostrider, Deuces, Moonjumper, HrntFixr,
Sidewinder86, Gepard, Wrench, Paladrian (MiG-21 cockpit)
Boopidoo & Badger the Bad (Su-15 cockpit)
for original SF-1 model
Michael (Gepard) for PDS SF-1 mod
- Spillone104 3D works, rope/spike fixed, model, pit and data.ini tweaked, new PT-5500 tank;
- Baffmeister new FM and data.ini;
- Paulopanz skins, decals, screens;
References: Y.Gordon - Red Star, Volume n. 34
- put all the "to mod" folder content inside your mod folder
This is the long awaited MiG-25 interceptor models upgrade. Sadly the new model and the new proper pit seem disappeared, as some other dreamed great preview planes, like vaporware.
But now we have these "oldies but goldies" revamped ...
And if you'ld like to fly for freedoom as Lt. Belenko you can do as his plane is inside the pack.
As I remember well when the most feared soviet MiG, landed on Hakhodate Japan airport ....
Old glory, good, cold war years, when you'ld see your enemy quite straight in his icy eyes.