Mig-27D

Mig-27D by wpnssgt, ghostrider, gepard, usafmtl, bib and moonjumper, bpao and raphael.

This is an all new version using AD's Su-17 pit, however you can use LGB and laser guided missiles as it has an internal LD.

Use the latest wep pack for it and drop into your aircraft folder and enjoy.

:good:

Been looking forward to this. Thank you!

Guess yet another thanks is needed for putting this bird out. :clapping: Thank you to everyone involved. Finally, a dedicated russkie strike bird. :good: Special thanks to USAF for putting up with my "is it done yet ?" nagging. :grin:

Edited by Atreides

That's because I didn't end up using the edit you did as I had the right version in the first place. Not that it wasn't appreciated. But Ihad you edit a whole other version. Got my Mig's mixed up. But thank you though.

That's because I didn't end up using the edit you did as I had the right version in the first place. Not that it wasn't appreciated. But Ihad you edit a whole other version. Got my Mig's mixed up. But thank you though.

Beautiful job! Did you know that one of these was involved in an incident somewhere in then East Germany where the pilot, somewhere in the landing phase, scared himself and bailed out. The MiG-27 after the pilot ejected leveled out and motored over the then East/West border and crashed somewhere in West Germany? Pack of Eagles sitting on Alert scrambled and could do nothing, but make sure the MiG didn't hit a populated area and spot the aircraft crash site. That is about as close as the fighter boys got to a real MiG kill during that era. Kinda embarassing for the guy who bailed out.

Thank you.......another Mig to shoot at.Or be shot at!

Edited by xrearl

More MiGs makes Bulldog a happy comrade...great job guys, and THANK YOU!!!!!!

Jug, i must correct your statement. It was no MiG-27 that did it, it was a MiG-23MF. It started in Kolobrzeg (Kolberg) Air Base in Northwest Poland crossed the GDR and the FRG and made a crash landing in Belgium killing one man there. The bird crashed after consuming its last bit of fuel. There was no fire on the ground, only a MiG that sat in a destroyed small house.

Not only the US Eagles monitored the fly of the MiG-23, but also soviet and east german MiG's, which also got no permission to open the fire.

The incident happend not in the landing phase, it happend during start without afterburner. The drag chute was accidently deployed and the MiG began to stall. The pilot ejected thatswhy. But shortly after it the drag chute was burned and the autopilot of the MiG leveled the plane. It climbed to approx. 10.000 meters and headed westward till the fuel was out.

It happend in summer 1989.

The scrambled F15's were from 32 TFS from Soesterberg/ Camp Nemw Amsterdam in Holland.....

The only "kill" they made while stationed in Holland (although they did kill MiGs in Iraq)

Aju,

Derk :yes:

Jug, i must correct your statement. It was no MiG-27 that did it, it was a MiG-23MF. It started in Kolobrzeg (Kolberg) Air Base in Northwest Poland crossed the GDR and the FRG and made a crash landing in Belgium killing one man there. The bird crashed after consuming its last bit of fuel. There was no fire on the ground, only a MiG that sat in a destroyed small house.

Not only the US Eagles monitored the fly of the MiG-23, but also soviet and east german MiG's, which also got no permission to open the fire.

The incident happend not in the landing phase, it happend during start without afterburner. The drag chute was accidently deployed and the MiG began to stall. The pilot ejected thatswhy. But shortly after it the drag chute was burned and the autopilot of the MiG leveled the plane. It climbed to approx. 10.000 meters and headed westward till the fuel was out.

It happend in summer 1989.

I can live with that. I was stationed in the UK at the time and do not remember the details as well as you. I stand corrected and not offended at all. I did not know that anyone was hurt in the eventual crash. I am sorry about that.

Anyone noticed the animated spinning barrels when the Gsh-6-30 gatgun is fired ? Definitely one of the coolest things i seen in a flight sim. good.gif

Only serious bug i can think of is the decal bleed on the nose and right wing.

BTW how does one deploy the drag chute ?

BTW how does one deploy the drag chute ?

The drag chute is deployed when you activate the air brakes AND you are in land or touching land (landing) :yes: . This is a cool feature and really useful on shorts landing runaways+high speed "aproaching" planes.(Sorry about my bad english)