I believe it was actually the new head of the USAF that changed it back. I read a quote where he actually said something like "the /A is a Navy thing," but it's true that the USAF has a long history of operating dual-role planes that are simply F. The F-16 is used far more for ground attack than A2A yet it's not F/A, nor is it the F/A-15E (which it really should be).

Let's not even get into how inaccurate the F-111 and F-117 were. :grin:

Ah, okay. I had heard unfortunate rumors about the a2g capabilities of the F-22.

I actually like the F/A designator. it may be a bit of a mouthful but I like that the designator indicates it can kill something anywhere.

It could be that "mystique" that the USAF have or want to maintain:

"Are you a fighter pilot?"

"Why yes I am"

"Do you drop bombs too?"

"Why yes I do"

"Doesn't that make you an attack pilot?"

"No I'm a fighter pilot"

Aviators: Beings from yet another world..

I believe it was actually the new head of the USAF that changed it back. I read a quote where he actually said something like "the /A is a Navy thing," but it's true that the USAF has a long history of operating dual-role planes that are simply F. The F-16 is used far more for ground attack than A2A yet it's not F/A, nor is it the F/A-15E (which it really should be).

Let's not even get into how inaccurate the F-111 and F-117 were. :grin:

Yes he did, because he didn't like the Navy sound of it. Prior to him though the USAF heads had to justify to congress the cost. By giving it that designation it showed congress that is qualified as a multi role fighter as opposed to a air superiority fighter. As you can see it got changed back though after congress ok'ed the cost for it.

lol I'll never get an Air Force servicemember offended, nor annoy USAFMTL. Anyways less talk and more rock and lets see more screens eh?

Well I PMd Marcfighter, and he responded back. Seems the holdup was the speedbrake issue, which is solved, considering that the MSFS version is the only one that showed it. Sure there's a load of pics on Airliners.net, but hey, you don't see all the brakes deployed at once so after that, the mapping stage..

bump

youst saw this topic!

Marcelo, nice work, can´t wait for em.... ;)

Keep up your work! ;)

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!! :D

c'mon Marc, waitin on that SuperBug......

I got tha skins if you got tha templates

Fresh pix straight out tha Fleet Son!!!

[fo reel ^_^]

Bump

Just to say, I've gotten FSX, and been flying around quite a bit with the KBT Team F/A-18E/Fs and so far, the capabilities I would say are pretty good. If they came close to what it's supposed to be, then it'd work. Unfortunately the F-14 they have for it... sucks, so one thing I can say, is that the F-14 yes, has more speed, but I can pull alot more tighter turns with the Super Bug.

Bump

Just to say, I've gotten FSX, and been flying around quite a bit with the KBT Team F/A-18E/Fs and so far, the capabilities I would say are pretty good. If they came close to what it's supposed to be, then it'd work. Unfortunately the F-14 they have for it... sucks, so one thing I can say, is that the F-14 yes, has more speed, but I can pull alot more tighter turns with the Super Bug.

Hey man, there is a pretty good Tomcat model by IRIS simulations, it is not the best, but it is good. They even simulated the DLC. It might work for FSX, but I doubt it, it was made for FS2004, not FSX.

I am anxious to get my hands on a superhornet for Wings over Europe/Vietnam. I have not been playing this game that long(I would have been on a long time ago, but I was playing Falcon AF, and FS2004) but I have to say that I love it! I would also like to thank the modding community for all of your hard work. The planes that I have gotten so far, are as good, or better than the default aircraft, which is something that does not happen often with freeware ;)

God speed on this bird!

Is there anyone that still plays multiplayer, or has an online squadron?

I was just in Republic airport farmindale ny and got to see the super bug upclose. They let me sit in the cockpit and all. Its quite a bird.

any news on this bad ass bird?

I am very much wanting this plane!

I downloaded your flanker Marcfighter, and I have to say, you have some talent!

thanks for your hard work, and expertise!

WombRaider

Well I PMd Marcfighter, and he responded back. Seems the holdup was the speedbrake issue, which is solved, considering that the MSFS version is the only one that showed it. Sure there's a load of pics on Airliners.net, but hey, you don't see all the brakes deployed at once so after that, the mapping stage..

Here's a pic with the brakes out. Notice where they are!

1217358.jpg

The F\A-18F is going to be great!!!!!

Too bad I'll shot it down with my Mig-21-93!!!!!

MuahMuaha

MuahMuaha

That'll be the day...... :biggrin:

Superior aircraft and technology, and weapons is all good. But you cannot match skill ;)

Any confirmation pics on that waxing?

Superior aircraft and technology, and weapons is all good. But you cannot match skill ;)

What nations still using a mig-21 would be able to train pilots that match the skill of a US naval aviator? Skill with inferior technology and weapons simply can't beat superior technology, weapons AND skill.

MuahMuaha

I bet you could shoot the bugger down with a tri-plane, I mean you got it beat in the thrust and speed department.

Any new on this bird? I think she will look sweet on my Nimitz class carriers.

Can't believe I missed this post. Not surprised that it started a Cat vs Bug debate, lol...

What nations still using a mig-21 would be able to train pilots that match the skill of a US naval aviator? Skill with inferior technology and weapons simply can't beat superior technology, weapons AND skill.

India

India

Going by their tech support, I wouldn't put much faith in their pilots :rofl:

Going by their tech support, I wouldn't put much faith in their pilots :rofl:

LoL