F/A-18F and E Super Hornets WIP . :cool:

f18ftest11.jpg

f18ftest13.jpg

f18ftest16.jpg

F/A-18E

f18ftest19.jpg

f18ftest18.jpg

Edited by Marcfighter

Very nice, Marcelo! BTW, check your PMs...

Brilliant Marcello! Very nice model you have there :smile:

:good:

SWEET!!! Bring on the Super Bugs!!!

What happend to those B and C models of the Hornet saw some finished Pics of this bird....

FA-18D-009.jpg

FA-18C-001.jpg

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

What happend to those B and C models of the Hornet saw some finished Pics of this bird....

As far as I know bpao is still working on them.

Saw the Super Hornet in action at the recent Avalon airshow in Oz. Very impressive and got some footage and pics as well. If my upload speed wasn't so slow, i could share them. But i am on a monthly plan for internet and have to wait until the later this month. I'll put them in the gallery then.

No comment.

BTW Marcfighter, I guess it's impossible to angle the pylons?

F/A-18F and E Super Hornets WIP . :cool:

f18ftest11.jpg

f18ftest13.jpg

f18ftest16.jpg

way to go marc!!!!

keep it up dude!

some people belittle the supabuggie

coaz they say it bleeds airspeed faster than the c/D bug.

how can you be so sure of it?

I really want to say because of the angled pylons, but unfortunately not sure, but that's my assumption anyways. I mean it'd be nice if they kept the Pheonix in service, then maybe they'd try and add that to the Super Bug, but hey, I don't make force decisions of a scale that large.

No comment.

BTW Marcfighter, I guess it's impossible to angle the pylons?

it is possible :smile:

BTW what resolution will the skin be in?

BTW what resolution will the skin be in?

-----------------------------------------------

That is not skin, just textures.

lol okay, what resolution will the texture be in?

Calm down man, was just asking :good:

Calm down man, was just asking :good:

------------------

Hi Flanker!

A Question.

The Super Hornet doesn't have airbrake?

If i remember corectly it doesn't have the "pop-up" break like the A-D models but the rudders turn in and act as an airbreak much like the model of the A that i have in WoV/SFP1

Well marcfighter, I had always believed so, but after reading what Sag posted, apparently not, well in regards to the "virtual speedbrake" Which honestly now that it's brought up, I guess not :smile:

For some reason I always liked/not liked Carlo Kopps stuff. Great articles, but I guess his F-111 stuff always left me with a stuck up advisor taste, but he knows what he's talking about. But regardless, thanks for the article Sag :smile:

Which brought up maneuverability. Compared to column5's Bug and what I have currently, there's a marked difference. I can speak in relative flight sim terms, as it's like flying the LOMAC Su-33, as the weights are nearly the same (If my mind serves me right, only a few thousand kilograms). But once you get it moving, it handles great. Then again some people equate the Su-33 to flying a pig, but I never have had such issues, except of course, loaded to the gills :cool:

But in SF/WOE/WOV terms, don't expect to pull off maneuvers currently that you can do with the Hornet. Unfortunately I don't have any real world experience to base off of, but if LOMAC is a benchmark, then I'll say maybe the one I got isn't correct in whole. Weights are right, along with from other sources on the web. I would say the Tomcat is more refined due to the setup, and the Tomcat has a higher thrust to weight ratio compared to the Rhino, I left my wingie behind, and I just cruised along.. Overall it's great for it's intended role but not too sure in the close combat arena, due to the weight of the Rhino, or just how the one I have is currently setup. I feel honestly the FM should be better, but still not too sure.

Realize I'm talking about the one I currently have, not marcfighters, as I don't have it either, so just so nobody gets confused.

Oh yeah, about the pylons... given what's seen operationally you think you can make the pylons so we can have an asymetric layouts just on the wings, to include the Sidewinder stations?

*bump*