A-5B Vigilante Version 1.2

A-5B Vigilante Version 1.2

A-5B: Monty CZ Version 1.2

Skin: Sundowner/Paul N.

Avionics/HUD and ini work: Moonjumper

Chief Crash Test Dummy: USAFMTL

RWR Sounds: Fubar512

From Kesslebrut:

"- The Pit is freeware everyone can use it in his mods and release it without asking

- it would be nice if the Modder name me in his readme

- Commerial use is strictly forbidden - if someone pack it into an commercial Package or make otherwise money with it I'll hunt him to the end of the world.

3D - model: me

Textures: Thirdwire, Massimo Altieri (with friendly permission) and me"

North American A3J-2/A-5B Vigilante

The A3J-2 (NA-269) was a more advanced version of the Vigilante with more powerful engines, a pair of J79-GE-8 turbojets which allowed for an increase in gross weight to 80,000 pounds.

Also included in the A3J-2 was a relocation of the boundary air blowing system to the leading edge droop-section. The flaps were increased in area.

Perhaps the most noticeable change was in the rear fuselage, which was deepened from the cockpit aft to the tail, giving the aircraft a distinctive hump-backed appearance. This deepened rear fuselage incorporated extra fuel tanks which increased the range. The two tanks immediately aft of the rear cockpit were enlarged to hold 945 US gallons as compared to the 695 US gallons in the A3J-1, while an entirely new overwing tank straddling the wing center section was added which held 210 US gallons.

Two additional underwing pylons were added, making a total of four. The braking capacity was improved and the engine inlet duct area was increased to improve the high altitude performance. The horizontal duct weapons delivery system of the A3J-1 was retained.

A batch of 18 A3J-2s were ordered for use in the heavy attack role. Two were actually delivered in this configuration, but in the meantime a decision had been made that the Vigilante was no longer needed in the nuclear attack role and that the Vigilante would now be a dedicated high-speed reconnaissance platform. Four aircraft in the batch were converted to YA-5C, which lacked photographic equipment but was similar to the RA-5C. These four planes were used as trainers for RA-5C. The remaining 12 aircraft were held back awaiting conversion. Eventually, all 18 A3J-2s within this batch were converted to RA-5C configuration.

Edit 17 Apr 07 fixed Avionics70.dll

Fixed the RWR

She looks great! Nice work all around!

One question, was this bird in fleet service, did she put to sea? She's a big girl, must of been hell putting her down on a rolling deck!

Read the above history. It explains it all.

She's a great bird! after a couple of strike missions I'm sold! The pit is outstanding!

Edited by Redddevil911

Ive already had it installed but i also had a poor excuse for a pit...thanks usafmtl! :good:

By the way...you dont have the ini jet_z talked about, would you? for the interceptor mod

viggie1.jpg

Ive already had it installed but i also had a poor excuse for a pit...thanks usafmtl! :good:

By the way...you dont have the ini jet_z talked about, would you? for the interceptor mod

Sorry I don't have that mod, mine is an attack plane on steroids. I was just the crash test dummy on this. Kess and the others deserve all the credit.

To all involed thank you for a great new A/C, I look forward to hours of bombing fun!

Bitchin' Carrier based Heavy Attack. Downloading it right now. I always wondered how the GIB in a Viggy felt just having that little window. I have no SA on what thier workload with sensors or what but in other types he was the bear or a valuable other set of eyes and such. They must have been mustangs recruited from the submarine ranks. I knew a couple of NFOs that proudly whore thier silver dolphin device below thier gold NFO wings on thier uniform. This could be the case. 4.26 megs loaded. AOL don't fail me now. Thanks for the groovy stuff. :ph34r: CL

Ok, just read about the RAN by Boom. The GIBs said thier window was too big. 2nd page @ http://www.carrierbuilders.net/articles/20..._Vigilante3.htm

Edited by charlielima

Updated again. 17 Apr 07 fixed Avionics70.dll to get HUD fully working.

thanks Kess, the A-5A is coming next.......

thanks Kess, the A-5A is coming next.......

I can do a quick - edit of the pit and remove the HUD (if wished)

I can do a quick - edit of the pit and remove the HUD (if wished)

Up to you my friend. I can change the Avionics file to 60 myself.

Bitchin' Carrier based Heavy Attack. Downloading it right now. I always wondered how the GIB in a Viggy felt just having that little window. I have no SA on what thier workload with sensors or what but in other types he was the bear or a valuable other set of eyes and such. They must have been mustangs recruited from the submarine ranks. I knew a couple of NFOs that proudly whore thier silver dolphin device below thier gold NFO wings on thier uniform. This could be the case. 4.26 megs loaded. AOL don't fail me now. Thanks for the groovy stuff. :ph34r: CL

Ok, just read about the RAN by Boom. The GIBs said thier window was too big. 2nd page @ http://www.carrierbuilders.net/articles/20..._Vigilante3.htm

I knew quite a few GIBs who flew the RA-5C. It was also an awesome plane to watch launch from Vultures Row. The RA-5C guys didn't necessarily come from the sub crowd, just a standard selection out of VT-10.

We used to joke that an accident looking for a place to happen was two Ensigns and a Viggie

Edited by Typhoid

Up to you my friend. I can change the Avionics file to 60 myself.

Ha ha - funny :wink:

I don't mean the Symbols on it, I mean the complete gunsight.....

Ha ha - funny :wink:

I don't mean the Symbols on it, I mean the complete gunsight.....

Actually my friend it perfect the way it is. Just uploaded an update to it 5 mins ago.

Only the early production A-5A's lacked the HUD. It was added after about 20 or so built IIRC.

I've made reworked a Pit and removed HUD - I'll upload it when the A-5A is out as an uprade in the Cockpits-section

After a self-imposed exile, I come back and find this mud-movin' beauty!

The 6 week break did serve its intended purpose, rediscovery of the gorgeousness of this series of sims always makes it a welocme return.

I took her up to the range, as usual to shake down new strikers, and it felt great, in a `70's fashion.

Great job, gents!

I actually broke down and flew this. You know that Shilkas are undetectable? Or was that operational reality?

Hey guys, just discovered this plane in this month's "Micro Simulateur" magazine - guess it's been chosen for a short review there. The French said it was "convincing" but it had some small issues (something about something going out-of-bounds or overlapping or something like that). Also said that the plane's extensive readme included the bird's history, as well as all instructions on how to best use it (with a note that a community-made weaponspack would be necessary to make full use of the weaponry, specifically the nuclear). Closing comment was that "USAFMTL's team was working on it according to feedback from the community".

Congratz guys, you made it into print!

Now you can sue them because they made money on behalf of the addon (since it provided content to a commercial magazine)! :grin:

One little known user was the RAF....

RAFVigilanteS3b.jpg

I'll get me coat.