Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Enhanced Explosions

Enhanced Explosions

Enhanced Explosions

by CA_Stary

For SF, WoV and WoE.

This mini-pack uses some graphics from my guns_fx, which were in turn based on some .tga files created by Deuces.

In this mini-pack you will find some reworked original effects. Since i've switched from close range WW2 and Korea dogfighting

to more modern medium range missile engagements (WoE rules!) i started working on some enhancements to stock effects. This is not a complete effect pack

(Deuces is best at that), rather an addition.

Reworked effects include:

Aircraft explosions -with new big hot fireballs and lots of burning parts thrown randomly into air, now ground crashes look more realistic

Aircraft fuel fire -new longer fire trail than in original, fueltanks blow, random bursts of fuel

Small/medium/large missile air explosions -different from original, now with more intense fireballs, smoke clouds, sparks

Small/medium/large bomb effects (beta) -differ by size and look, i'm not fully satisfied with those, but I decided to throw them in. Think of those as of beta

Also included are some .tga files from my previous guns_fx pack, as some of the new materials definitions use them

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah, I tried it last night and the inflight aircraft explosion is great. I like the little fuel fire flashes as it is falling. Maybe the aircraft fire smoke needs a little bumping up too.

Smoke graphics are animated 4-stage sprites. I've playing with them also, but didn't liked the effect, so they are not included. I'm not strong at doing animated sprites. Also it's hard to set them to blend well. Maybe in future, who knows? (I do :secret: )

Guest Saganuay82

OK. The ground explosions need more dirt in them too. Watching alot of vids lately and most bombs seem to go boom almost horizontally. Not so much of a dome but outward along the ground. Then again i guess that would depend on the type of ground it hit.

I'll be working more on bombs in a week or two as time allows. Yes Saganuay82, you're right -I've watched lots of clips, and the dust is kicked by blast mostly horizontally. But i wanted these effects to be "Hollywood style" -you know, overdone, oversized and so on, not realistic (think of Pearl Harbor or other movies), When a 500lb GP bomb goes off in real there is almost no fire. But i decided to do them this way. Just for fun, not for pure realism.

Nice work CS and thanks for joining in the FX area, little interest here in the community for modding this part of the sim :good:

btw, I have a ton of tga's that are not implemented right now so if you are in need of any, I may be able to save you some work.

Edited by Deuces

Thank You Our FX Master!

btw. any progress on your annouced Effect Pack 4?

Nice one littlesmoke! There will be a revision/update but dunno when exactly

These ar great the best i've seen you and deuces are masters at your work. I would love to see you do the nuke blast over. Keep up the great work guys your work dose not go unnoticed and is appricated by all. thanks again.

Yep, great work. Between Deuces and yourself the sim is much enhanced. :good:

I installed the enhanced explosions pack and it disabled the AIM-26A Nuclear Falcon for the F-15A. I have the weapons pack add-on installed.

Any workaround? I like the idea of more realistic nuke explosions since the originals are pretty lame.

Sorry. My mistake. I had just changed the simulation skill level from easy to normal. That required a manual missile lock before it would fire. :blush:

I'm still learning the game ... :rolleyes:

Sorry. My mistake. I had just changed the simulation skill level from easy to normal. That required a manual missile lock before it would fire. :blush:

I'm still learning the game ... :rolleyes:

Hey Kevin,

Did you obtain the proper release and consent? Your DCU panel probably has a short, lol.

Yours, Mike

As this effects mod turned out to be popular, major update is on the way. Be patient as it will have a lot of new stuff included :wink:

Rgr that, Viper6 in holding pattern!

:good::good:

Wow!

I can,t wait.Absolut stunning work again!

Ok, let me tease you a bit... :wink:

A-10 says: Forget about the ammo bunker:

and the fuel tanks:

and the enemy fuel trucks, especially parked in a row:

And finally remember, tanker has a lot of fuel in it, so stand aside:

Still lot of stuff to do/revamp, but it has top priority now.

Edited by CA_Stary

Crusader, those are to be hot and big

These look amazing! Thanks for the work on these effects. They really add to the whole experience. You know you have hit the enemy when the explosions ignite and I love the way stuff zooms away from the centre of the explosion. There is real 'kapow' factor when your effects blow up. It is also a spectacular showstopper when I get hit!! I particularly like the look of the forthcoming oil fires and the tanker blowing its top. :clapping: