OK after making numerous changes I am 99.9% satisfied with it. As soon as I get a Skin on it .it will be released as a Beta

mig31hi2.jpg

Edited by Veltro2k

Guest Saganuay82

I can't see this pic at work, I can't wait to see it when I get home. Ohhh the Mig31.

I can't see this pic at work, I can't wait to see it when I get home. Ohhh the Mig31.

I can see it :biggrin:

Here is to help You fix those 0.01 percent You are not yet satisfied with :biggrin:

mig31-1.gif

Recently MiG-31 was Updated to MiG-31BM, they still in service... Russian navy and Air Force, i think they have more 300 MiG-31 in operation.

Kazakhstan has 45 MiG-31's also.

Kazakh-what? JK, Anyways, looking good, can't wait for it.

Kazakhstan has 45 MiG-31's also.

Plus Syria was in the market for them. I'm not sure if the contract was signed for the delivery, or if it was an MOU preceeding the contract signing.

You gotta hand it to the russians, at least they keep something in service that can fly REAL FAST...

Kazakh-what? JK, Anyways, looking good, can't wait for it.

You don't know about Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan...shame on you :ohmy:

Seriously now, looking forward to this as well.

Finally a Mig-31! If I could make skins from scratch I would help you out man, but I'm a noob at GIMP. Cant wait for it's release! One question though, if my memory serves me correct the 31 was armed with a gun right?

Ok so I was right thank god no more dogfighting with hopes and dreams when the missles fail!

Think of "Foxhound" like "Foxbat" with Tomcat armament and range :smile:

R-33 missiles are, however, SARH. Newer, AH R-37 missiles are used on MiG-31BM and was intended to be the main weapon of MiG-31M prototype.

However, taking into consideration MiG-31 Phased Array radar, R-33 and AiM-54A are close match.

While they are externally similar, MiG-31 just kept the MiG-25 shape. It has been restructured and lightened.

Turbofans gave lower consumption, but allow cruise at M2.35.

It got also a big gun, 23mm 10,000rpm-capable GSh-23-6 "chainsaw". As it was mainly "captain's" plane, rarely flown by lower ranks, it is neatly holstered down aside :biggrin: It is mainly used a last-ditch against cruise missiles.

It is about as (un)maneuvrable like MiG-25. It is heavier and unlike Foxbat, it drops the nose if pulled hard. But again, that depends of weight. The "habitat" of this beast is medium-high altitude for LDSD's-but unlike MiG-25, it does not the engine-speed limit. You can expect it at low altitudes hunting for terrain-following bombers and cruise-missiles and doing snap-ups.

Nele

I get visions of Bill Murray telling scary stories over a campfire... :grin:

GoodWork but dont you guys think the propotion of the cockpit section a little bit odd?

1. been doing this sort of thing now for a couple of months, self teaching myself.

2. my modeling team consists of 3 people 1. Me 2. My self 3. I

3. time is limited to devote

I didnt like it also. Thats why its called WIP not completed..wont release it until im 100 % satisfied with it,

just keep changing until i am

nmxic0.jpg

Looking forward to the release. I was getting worried nobody would ever make a mig-31.

Any releasedate yet??

Can't wait, we need more good russian interceptors!!

Best regards, Kodiak.

It seems a little stubby up front. You sure that is scale to 74 feet 5 inches?