Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

When I give the signal...

Why should the fast movers have all the fun?

gallery_12105_43_466470.jpg

This will take a little while...some serious Weapondata.ini crosschecking is needed. Just found out that a 4 pack rack for Hellfires ALREADY EXIST in the Weapons Pack. Of course this is after I build one...thanks whoever said we needed one.

That's what I get for not doing a through check first.

Sheesh.

But, my efforts make it dirt simple to build a 2-pack rack....and contribute directly to the 3 pack Brimstone rack.

FastCargo

Nice job, much more detailed than the existing rack. This would look good carrying the JCMs I'm working on as well.

Ah...I'm just a bit cranky is all...:). Actually, the new rack does look significantly better than the old one. Also, it seems more recent versions of the rack, the lower missiles are closer together than the upper pair of missiles, so that is reflected in the new rack.

Now to get building the 3-pack for the Brimstone...then all the HellFire variants...then skin everything!

Also, I'm going to play with transparency for this missile for the nose area...so we'll see how much hair I pull out trying to get it to look right...

FastCargo

My copy of the 2007-2008 US Army Weapons Systems book has a chart of all the modern Hellfire variants. I could scan and send it to you by PM if you'd like.

It has the:

AGM-114F Interim Hellfire

AGM-114K Hellfire II

AGM-114L Hellfire Longbow

AGM-114M Hellfire Blast Frag

AGM-114N Hellfire II MAC (Metal Augmented Charge)

AGM-114 Hellfire II High Altitude

How did you get the cobra to work. I'v tried real hard to get it to work on my game. It wont even showe up.

I wonder if it would be possible to also equip the Cobra we some means of self defence against air attack, I have seen pictures of attack helicopters carrying AA missiles such as the Sidewinder and the Stinger, is the Stinger currently available in the Weapons Pack?

post-27199-1191921519_thumb.jpg

I wonder if it would be possible to also equip the Cobra we some means of self defence against air attack, I have seen pictures of attack helicopters carrying AA missiles such as the Sidewinder and the Stinger, is the Stinger currently available in the Weapons Pack?

Stinger should be, but I've got several sources that state that those measure weren't adopted. Specifically, the sidewinder.

Thats on the Zulu Cobra (AH-1Z) And to make one would require a whole new bird.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I can't wait to throw some Brimstones on a Tornado and do some armed recon! :)

I can't wait to throw some Brimstones on a Tornado and do some armed recon! :)

What, you mean like this?

gallery_12105_43_303575.jpg

Okay, enough teasing...I've got LOTS of work to do.

FastCargo

More Work, Less Talk. More Missiles. FIRE THE MISSILES. Keep up the work Fast.

Man that Nader's loaded!!! Nice work FC!!

What, you mean like this?

gallery_12105_43_303575.jpg

Okay, enough teasing...I've got LOTS of work to do.

FastCargo

EXACTLY :)

Solid nose missiles (radar guided) and all launch rails done.

gallery_12105_43_124612.jpg

I may add the older 4 pack rail (symmetrical) as well...relatively easy edit.

Still trying to make laser guided missile noses transparent and/or shiny...not quite at hair pulling stage yet.

FastCargo

Great work FC!

Yes, awesome work FastCargo, stunning missiles.

Bloody great Fastcargo, really am looking forward to using these.

Okay, after much wailing and nashing of teeth (expected working with Hellfire and Brimstone, heh) I finally figured out the transparency thing:

gallery_12105_43_422204.jpg

Everything is done, including the 2 pack and radar guided versions:

gallery_12105_43_23779.jpg

Expect the upload soon...gonna need a BIG readme for this one. 4 missile models, 4 rack models, 10 Weapondata.ini entries, plus the texture templates to create all the sub-sub-varients of the HellFire for you more adventurous types.

TiredCargo

Freaking sweet, Man. I look forward to it. :good:

What variants are you including?

Hehehe, looks like the Marines had enough budget cuts to steal some Army missiles.

What variants are you including?

It will include the AGM-114A,F,and L models. From what I could tell, those were the big LOD differences models in terms of length and type of sensor (laser guided or radar guided). All the other variants seemed just to have internal differences which could be adjusted with ini edits. I figure what I'll do is release these versions, and for anyone who is more a do-it-yourselfer, they can use the skin templates to make different skins, and use ini edits to make different sub variants. I'll include instructions on how to do that (will involve a little hex editing of the LODs to make them reference a different skin...no biggie though).

FastCargo

Guest capun

FC

Good work on the weapons. I need to ask you if you can model the SNEB 68mm Folding Fin unguided rocket.

I found that the WeaponPack has the Hydra 70mm as the 3D model but it is too large (1.44m) and won't fit into a rocket tray made for the SNEB

Thanks

Capun,

No problem, I owe you for your help eariler. Obviously 68mm refers to the diameter...what length of rocket do you need?

FastCargo

lol that sounds a little personal

sorry i just had to