Sign in to follow this  
JSF_Aggie

Harrier Campaign V2.0

Harrier Campaign V2.0

This is a fictional campaign, set in the stock terrain of Strike Fighters Project 1. It is set in 1978, as Paran tries to invade Dhimar. Dhimar is assisted by the U.S. Navy, operating from the USS Nimitz, and by the USMC, operating AV-8C’s from several small, makeshift airfields.

This campaign requires Strike Fighters: Project1. It was not tested with Strike Fighters Gold, but it should work.

A big thank you to everyone who allowed me to include their work in this Campaign. Special thanks to Whiteknight, who made skins specifically for this addon, and to Kesselbrut, who allowed me to include some of his objects from the upcoming Falklands Campaign. Finally, thanks to Kreelin for the great AV-8C flight model.

Dhimar Forces:

·80 DF-4D

·70 DA-4E

·48 DF-5E

U.S Navy Forces:

·24 F-14A (VF-84 & VF-41)

·24 A-7E (VA-82 & VA-86)

·12 A-6E (VA-35)

USMC Forces:

·18 AV-8C (VMFA-542)

Paran Forces:

·48 MiG-23ML

·120 MiG-21PFM

·24 MiG-25P

·56 MiG-19S

·30 IL-28

·24 Su-17

If you havent got this you must, I think this campaign is better than OTC.

It's definitely better than Tainted Cigar... or different. Very demanding -Harrier strikes with limited payload forces accurate bombs placement, a lot of enemy MIGs, low level manouvering.

The downside is that on lower-end system it loads quite long and details must be lowered. But down low a lot of action goes aswell.

And the SAM sites with maintenance roads are just beautiful :ok:

This isn´t a campign, it´s a piece of art!!! :ok::good:

You put it right, AmokFloo

Yes, it's a download and go mod.

JSF -thanks for making Parani fighters flyable. First time I have no problems making MIG-25 flyable:-)

Let me tell how smooth this mod went from my end testing it over the last few months...JSF Aggies's attention to detail made it to the point where I couldn't find any issues with it. That is the same approach he had when we updated OTC. And with Deuces, him and Wrench doing the Campaign/Objects and terrain, for the DS Mod, the best is yet to come.

Thanks guys.

There's a lot of other stuff I wanted to do with this, like make the red side flyable in the campaign, but with a new patch on the horizion, I figured I would have to put out an update anyways, so I'll add the rest then.

I personaly bought strike fighters gold from thirdwire and it was well worth it just for the campaign. Realy nice stuff. One of the greatest campaignes yet

One question JSF relating to Harrier's HUD -I've got no leading gunsight for Aden in AA mode... Clean separate install, SFGold.

It's not big problem, using boresight but dunno if it's ok? Not an avionics historician.

Thanks JSF... the screenies look really good! (downloading now)

And did you say new patch? :biggrin:

One question JSF relating to Harrier's HUD -I've got no leading gunsight for Aden in AA mode... Clean separate install, SFGold.

It's not big problem, using boresight but dunno if it's ok? Not an avionics historician.

CA, it looks like MoonJumper/Crusader/I change my name on different forums to confuse the Russians, did it this way intentionally.

What's probably causing the biggest hit on your system is the Runway7-11.tga's. Try resizing them to something smaller.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

errr... who?.. me ? ..

AV-8C gunsight.... I *think* I've added a lead computing sight to the last version of kreelins AV-8C update.. BUT ... I lost my original development Harrier and have no idea anymore what , where, if, I, who, ect...

I download the Harrier Campaign now and take a look....

And the AV-8C update too....

I'm fairly sure I have kreelin's last update included in the campaign, but ya never know...

Is the campaign compatible with polak's desert tiles?

I've installed them, and it seems to be ok, but I want to be sure.

JSF_Aggie, thanks for reply, the absence of leading gunsight ain't big problem, since there are heaters anyway... Was just wondering.

Thanks for the clue about Runway7-11, will try resizing...

Again big Thank You for this piece of work!

CA_Stary

Is the campaign compatible with polak's desert tiles?

I've installed them, and it seems to be ok, but I want to be sure.

It won't break anything.

I believe Polak's hi-rez tiles remove the stock trees. I placed several trees as 3d objects around one of the harrier bases. These will still be there, and may look a little out of place on his tiles, but that's the only potential issue.

Hello!

First, I want to congratulate the Harrier Campaign team for the excellent job they have done (impressive! :ok: )

But unfortunately I have a problem, the radar of the A-7E not working. Just get the black box in the corner of the screen, without showing anything except when used, for example, AGM65.

If anyone has any suggestions for possible solutions, will be very grateful.

Greetings!

(Sorry for my english, but I am using a translator :dntknw: )

The air to ground radar not working is a current limitation of the game. In order for the HUD to work, you have to live without the radar.

This is something that will hopefully be changed, within the game itself, soon.

Ok, thank you for the answer, I can live without radar. Congratulations again! .

Greetings.

Hi there. Soon three month of enjoyement of the campaign...

But I've an idea: I would like to fly red now, in MiG-23 or MiG-21. What changes can I do to fly for Paran?

Wow, just now started playing this campaign, It is awesome. I love the small airfields, and the other added extras. Great work!!!