Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Whatever happened

To Gerald's MIG-21 FINAL :dntknw: pack ? When I clicked on the link for downloading from the file annoucement's section, it say's the link was removed ?

it was pulled, because he included core games filesagain. i.e. the LOD's. After he had been told not to on a few occasions.

it was pulled, because he included core games filesagain. i.e. the LOD's. After he had been told not to on a few occasions.

A shame. A very good package with good ideas

That sucks. Well rules are rules. There's some chance he creates another one whit out those files (and one that works without them)?

Pity. That truly suck's, couldn't have happened at a worse time, had to format my HD because XP was corrupted beyond repair couldn't even back up anything, now I'm a few Mig's poorer :sad:

If the LODS were excluded then they might be able to let him re upload it

You didn't ban him did you? I needed him to help me with a MiG-35 mod.

Did who ban him? Me? I am not a Moderator, or do u mean USAFMTL?

Did who ban him? Me? I am not a Moderator, or do u mean USAFMTL?

He's definitely not banned. He's prolly just busy with real life...

I don't understand ..yes I'm Brainless but why was including these LOD files a problem ( serious question here)?

Guest Saganuay82

The lod files are core game files that were included in a purchased game. They are not something that you post up. Now if you have purchased the game and it already has the lods for the aircraft model in it, then all you need is the inis and paint. There is no need to upload the lods.

.Whatever happened...

....to Randolph Scott?

....to Randolph Scott?

Good one :biggrin: But I'm not old enough to know who he was, had to search IMDB for him.

It was one of the Packs I was trying to upload and they had the LODs. Plus it was a package that some send to me that had

the LODs. So I made the mod from that and forgot to remove them. So mistakes are mistakes. :tomato:

don't you guys worry, Gerald is pretty good at fixing things. And mistakes DO get made, which is why we moderators sit in our heavily armoured, fully armed and operational orbital battle station...

Besides, you'd do it for Randolph Scott!!!

(removes, hat and bows head)

Wrench

kevin stein

The lod files are core game files that were included in a purchased game. They are not something that you post up. Now if you have purchased the game and it already has the lods for the aircraft model in it, then all you need is the inis and paint. There is no need to upload the lods.

Oh..I think I sort of see. Does duplicating LOD's cause a problem then or is it a copyright issue?

don't you guys worry, Gerald is pretty good at fixing things. And mistakes DO get made, which is why we moderators sit in our heavily armoured, fully armed and operational orbital battle station...

Wrench

kevin stein

Now we'll all be looking for Orbital Battle Stations to shoot at when we get into space. I can't wait for that one. :rofl:

Guest Saganuay82

Copyright.

Copyright.

Ah...right all is clear now. Thanks for the info.

Randolph Scott!!!

Cue the choir, and my best "Blazing Saddles" imitation. :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

does it say that somewhere in the forum rules?

it should.

Guest Saganuay82

When someone goes to upload a file. They meet this.

Please Read Before Continuing

You are about to upload a file to the CombatACE File Library for download by other community members. Your support and cooperation with the guidelines below are expected and appreciated.

DO:

1. Enjoy yourself and remember we are all here for the same reason.

2. If you edit, change, or use someone's work, other than your own, give them credit for it.

3. Provide a readme.txt document with your file. We recommend you include the following information.

• Your contact information such as email address.

• The details of the file such as description, changes, installation instructions.

• File restrictions such as: contact me before using my material for approval, freely use my material as you want just give me credit for it, etc.

• Any other information you want to include.

4. Appreciate and understand that nobody likes to find their work or efforts passed off by others as their own.

5. Understand that we do not support or allow misuse of our services.

6. Remember that the success and continued well being of the community is everyone's responsibility.

7. Help and encourage other community members to follow these simple guidelines.

DO NOT:

1. Upload core game files or payware files in whole or in part.

2. Upload files that require permission for use or re-use that you have not obtained.

WHY:

CombatACE is a large community aimed towards keeping gaming fun, exciting, and new. We promote community growth and participation through the services we provide to our members free of charge. It is important to us that the community get along in a responsible respectful atmosphere and that we share with you our understanding of your responsibility to others. These guidelines established by our modding community help ensure everyone's contributions are acknowledged and help prevent controversy and misuse.

MISUSE POLICY:

At our discretion CombatACE will remove any content that contradicts with the above policy.

See the DO NOT section?

And there's this really cool sticky, right above: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=21405

"Reminder: Modders Check Your Mods Before Uploading"

States the policy above, and what a good mod should contain, as pertaining to readmes and such like.

Wrench

kevin stein