The Trooper

MF F-14 cockpit repaint

That is soooo cooool Eddie.!!!!! :good::biggrin:

Since when IRON MAIDEN started to show interest in sims? :biggrin:

Piece of Mind !!!!!!! :good:

Long Live RockN'Roll :spartak:

Edited by MannieB.

Wow, so many fans of the Irons! :good:

Actually, Iron Maiden are pretty tied into the aviation, I think. Remember songs like "Aces High", "Flight of Icarus" or "Tailgunner"... or Bruce's "hobby" :biggrin: :

757_new.jpg

@starfighter2 - I was too busy with RL stuff this week, so I didn't work much on the pit. Hopefully I'll finish it this weekend, but I don't want to promise anything.

Take your time! It's looking awesome!

Concur, done right is exponentially better than done quick. Lookin' great!

Ah, I found the topic.

I would like to say to you, in person, that pit is bad ass. Looks almost exactly like the real one!

Is it nearing completion? If you need a guineas pig, let me know ;)

UP THE IRONS!!!

HAIL HAIL HAIL AND KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\,,/ Ò.Ó\,,/

i want go to Iron concert in may :(((((

Well, the A and B didn't really have a tac-map or MFD's...technically the bottom display was an "MFD" in that it could display heading/TAS/KIAS or an image of the radar.

Well, the A and B didn't really have a tac-map or MFD's...technically the bottom display was an "MFD" in that it could display heading/TAS/KIAS or an image of the radar.

The 'A' variant had one MFD in the front cockpit, the B & D variants had two in the front cockpit... have a look for yourself...

http://uscockpits.com/Jet%20Fighters/Jet%20Fighters.html#F14

However I'll accept the fact that the JTIDS/Tactical Map was incorporated in the D model...

Well...kind of. I use the NATOPS as my reference. The A and B's top display showed was called the VDI (Vertical Display Indicator) which showed the vertical bars shown on the HUD, and if a target was locked on, it would show the firing circle, the target's position and some extra data atop the vertical bars. Its second function was the TCS image up to 10x mag. The bottom display was the Horizontal Situation Display Indicator (HSI) which showed a heading circle, KIAS, TAS and the heading again as a neumeric value. Its second fucntion was radar display as seen on the RIO's TID. It didn't have a tactical map, and outside those functions didn't really offer what a true Multi Function Display offers in terms of other data of the a/c.

we need a definition of "MFD" ... :ph34r:

Edited by Crusader

IDK if the SF engine would even allow for that functionality. The TCS has been modded into the bottom display (initially a function of the top display) under the Tomcat downloads section, so it works, just on the lower display instead of the upper. As to targeting data, that's already on the bottom display as the secondary radar image (as it should be), but the nav/speed/etc. is already covered by the cockpit analog instruments. Trying to d*ck around with the bottom display for that is redundant. Personally I think The Trooper has done an excellent job repainting the pit and I also believe the functionality is highly accurate.

Dang, I thought he said last weekend!

I switched to WOI, and my pit no longer works for crap!

God speed on that pit Trooper, lmao!!!!

img00033.jpg

Can someone tell what's wrong with my pit? Why my screen don't switch to boresight, etc.. n' my aim is just that cross there...

And you've got the F-4's radar screen; that ain't right. This might sound stupid, but did you put in the cockpit.ini and avionics.ini into the F-14A main folder, and did you check to see if your avionics dll is avionics70.dll instead of 60?

Edited by Caesar

Open up the F-14A.ini and change avionics60.dll to avionics70.dll.

I had the same problem and that solved it.

have had "interesting results" with this so far. IF you had one of the previous upgrades that used the avionics70 cockpit stuff this mod doesn't seem to load in right. Haven't tried loading on top of an original avionics60 cockpit yet, I'll let you know.

nice looking cockpit.

Edited by Typhoid