I am making the J-10,some screenshots here.

I will add the little "wings" on the nose later,and how do you call that in English?

And a question,If I want the aileron and the level stablizer (hope I spelled that right) use the same mesh,what should I change in the .inis?

Thanks.And please write your suggestions below.

post-5438-1202811616_thumb.jpg

post-5438-1202811629_thumb.jpg

post-5438-1202811649_thumb.jpg

Hello 101tfs,

the little wings on the front are called "canards".

It is looking fine, I am curious about the end result!

Cheers!

I am making the J-10,some screenshots here.

I will add the little "wings" on the nose later,and how do you call that in English?

they are called 'Canards'

looks good btw. :yes:

Are all the current Chinese missiles in the weapons pack already? I don't even know.

NICE WORK BUDDY!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO TEST IT AGAINST F16.THEY SAY IT'S A HIGHER CLASS MANOEUVERABILITY!!!!

A lot of PLA weapons should be added to the pack,including some missiles(for example we have the PL-5B/C in the pack,but not PL-5C).And the Chinese bombs.I may add them to my WIP list.

Some data should also be tweaked.

The J-10 have HIGH MANOEUVERABILITY,I will try to mod that in the FM.

Guest capun

Your second question.

I am not sure if I understood correct, but do you want the same physical control surface to work as both ailerons (roll control) and elevators (pitch control)?

If so I think they are called Elevons. You can specify secondary uses to the same control surface. Like this example

[LeftElevator]

SystemType=CONTROL_SURFACE

InputName=PITCH_CONTROL

SecondaryInputName=ROLL_CONTROL

SecondaryInputFactor=1.0

RotationAxis=X-AXIS

MaxDeflection=20

MinDeflection=-20.0

ControlRate=5.0

ModelNodeName=LeftStab

ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE

Check the VERY last post in the Loadout Fixes Thread...I've added a few "new" PRC bombs and rocket pods.

LINK-->J-7 Series Fixes<--LINK

The RPs are a 'best guess' on my part; the bomb shapes are standard Mk.80 series, as seen in several pictures of the earlier J-7 series (more 21MF shaped bodies). I just couldn't find enough data, so went with what we had. More info is requested!!

Wrench

kevin stein

This needs to be pinned for sure.

I'd say that 2008 will be the Year of the Super Fighter.

F-22, Typhoon, J-10, Gripen! Oh my!

Nice looking bird there.

Has NATO givin it a name?

The real aircraft looks like a Kfir/F-16 mix lol.

It basically started from the Lavi (itself based on the F-16) and was scaled up and taken from there. Is it better than what the Lavi would've been had it entered service? Hard to say as no Lavis did! Better than an F-16? Could be. Than a Kfir? Definitely. :grin:

I've not heard a NATO name for it yet. I've heard a rumor the JH-7 is called Flounder, though.

hi guys,i`m not new member here. i`ve downloaded a lot of stuff here related with TWseries,falcon4.0,LOMAC n FS. but im adding my reply very first time n its about j-10. I`ve read about j10 in an english flying magazine one year before n they named that topic (chinese hidden fighter) n it was written that it is better than EF2000,grippen,marage n even better than every aircraft like this frame n writers were really very worried about that n yes they had explained that it was joint program of israel n china but it was ended bcoz of bad relations of both countries i was lavi project but not completed , but china continued that project n they added russian technology as well especially engine. N they h`ve already added some of those in air force after completing tests. n now pakistan is gonna buying about 70 J10 after refusing to sell f18s from USA.

So how different is this physically from the Lavi?

I mean, is it just a matter of putting an Israeli skin on it and a bit of .ini modding?

I mean, is it just a matter of putting an Israeli skin on it and a bit of .ini modding?

J 10 is a little bit different than lavi, lavi was based on f16 like less weight aircraft i mean grade 3 n j10 is based on grade 2 like f 15 in size weight and range.

Wing of the Lavi is also a lot more of a swept wing-Delta than just a Delta.

they are totaly different.they are similar in the same way a Nissan Maxima and a Toyota Corrola are similar.similar profiles different in just about every detail.the same as the Grippen and EF2000 or Rafale.

hi guys,i`m not new member here. i`ve downloaded a lot of stuff here related with TWseries,falcon4.0,LOMAC n FS. but im adding my reply very first time n its about j-10. I`ve read about j10 in an english flying magazine one year before n they named that topic (chinese hidden fighter) n it was written that it is better than EF2000,grippen,marage n even better than every aircraft like this frame n writers were really very worried about that n yes they had explained that it was joint program of israel n china but it was ended bcoz of bad relations of both countries i was lavi project but not completed , but china continued that project n they added russian technology as well especially engine. N they h`ve already added some of those in air force after completing tests. n now pakistan is gonna buying about 70 J10 after refusing to sell f18s from USA.

J-10 is not designed for compete the EF2000 and Rafale, It's something like the later F-16 serials like block50

not only the wing is different,the air intaken system has been re-designed

Personally, I think chinese is ok for aerodynamics.However, there is a long way to go to catch up with the avionics and weapon system of the western countries

2007469422369.jpg

The J-10 fighter used some technology from J-9,a failtrued fighter,also with canards.

It is said that the J-10's tech of canards comes from here

For the Lavi.....

J-10 and Lavi just looks similar but they are two types of fighter in fact......

Thanks capun and everyone who support the J-10!

The J-10 project is started after the J-9 project.

AND J-10 IS NO COPY OF THE LAVI.

We just consider lavi as a ground attack aircraft,and do not think A2A fight is not its main role.

But J-10 is different,it`s a A2A fighter,just like the EF2000,or Rafale,and the F-16s.

Check the VERY last post in the Loadout Fixes Thread...I've added a few "new" PRC bombs and rocket pods.

LINK-->J-7 Series Fixes<--LINK

The RPs are a 'best guess' on my part; the bomb shapes are standard Mk.80 series, as seen in several pictures of the earlier J-7 series (more 21MF shaped bodies). I just couldn't find enough data, so went with what we had. More info is requested!!

Wrench

kevin stein

some suggestion for you,may be helpful :)

1. 57mm rocket pod has 12 rockets inside, no russia type like 16/32 RP

2. 90mm rocket pod has 7 rockets, this is widely used

3. 122mm(130mm??) rocket is used in single mount

4. 212mm(??? not sure) or some other 'BIG' rockets are used before 70s, one photo showed a Q-5 firing them

5. Before 70s all the bombs are russia bomb copies,then go to NATO type,like what u said, MK.80 series,but some 500kg bombs looks like British 1000lb

6. About the cluster bomb, like standard bombs described above, before 70s they are russia copies.

And then in the vienam some Mk20 rockeye are found and tested,but only a little copies made.

Then, as we know, British gave the BL755 series, and they are widely used by PLAAF, in single pylon or MER,but NO TER is used, this bomb called type 250-3