Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Real forrests for WoE Nato2 development pics

"I can't talk right now, we got COWS"....sorry, was watching "Twister" again.

superb job!!!

Canadair: remember how the game engine works...having the ter_objects with the power line will NOT effect any other terrain. They're in their own, seperate folder. I've added it to my All Objects Install, that has ALL possible terrains and it's fine

The game engine kinda works like this...

1st) Looks in folder (say, for a gunsight or in this case terrain tiles/objects)

2nd) Looks in cat file if it can't find what it's looking for in the folders

3rd) CTDs :haha: -- sorry, had to interject a little humor

That's why the cat pointer line trick works...it makes the engine look elsewhere for what it wants. One of the advantages of having seperate folder for whatever is needed.

Wrench

kevin stein

Running Max's tiles and this mod no problems so far here!!!!

"....another cow...... I think it was the same one." :biggrin:

:good::good::good:

This mod is absolut fantastic!

Thank you,for your great work.

Cheers :clapping:

Hey CA_Stary,

I just found some issues with missing tiles near Buckeborg (sp?) airbase. See pics below:

img00024.jpg

img00025.jpg

I would have thought it to be a tile issue and have nothing to do with trees, but I've tried this with both the stock WOE terrain, and with Max's tiles and had the same problem both times.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It was fixed in version 1.01, download again. Error given by terrain editor texturelist.

It was fixed in version 1.01, download again. Error given by terrain editor texturelist.

Thanks!

Canadair: remember how the game engine works...having the ter_objects with the power line will NOT effect any other terrain. They're in their own, seperate folder. I've added it to my All Objects Install, that has ALL possible terrains and it's fine

kevin what do you mean... the powerlines are obviously not objects, but built into a terobjects_tree.tga. I know that they will stay hppily in the proper terrain folder and called by the proper terrain data .ini. My idea was to reuse the powerline and populate other terrains. After all I am a reuser, like I am doing with your noseart.

LOL I have apassion for merged install too, and they all work nicely (well I have WOV and natofighters separated thoguh)! Guess we have similar installs, not just nosarts!

kevin what do you mean... the powerlines are obviously not objects, but built into a terobjects_tree.tga. I know that they will stay hppily in the proper terrain folder and called by the proper terrain data .ini. My idea was to reuse the powerline and populate other terrains. After all I am a reuser, like I am doing with your noseart.

LOL I have apassion for merged install too, and they all work nicely (well I have WOV and natofighters separated thoguh)! Guess we have similar installs, not just nosarts!

Well, not really... the .TOD objects hold the mesh (the x-type tree, or intersecting planes in other words, used for powerlines), while the texture is, well just texture to wrap on the mesh. And ALL objects placed on corresponding tile object are somehow grouped into single object. Quite weird. You may try copying them into other terrains, rename and give them a try, but I do not expect miracles here

Amazing mod really! Hope you can work on Vietnam terrain for WOV soon

Amazing mod really! Hope you can work on Vietnam terrain for WOV soon

i think the same! :biggrin:

but no problem if you don't, im so much happy with this WOE Mod, so i forget about the other games! :biggrin:

Edited by Silverbolt

I may have missed it, but is there collision damage? or is it just able to be flown through?

I may have missed it, but is there collision damage? or is it just able to be flown through?

This is the downside of terrain tile objects* at this point -they have no collision boxes or damage values. On the other hand, that would choke performance on lower systems.

Maybe in future TK will add such things, but I doubt it really soon :dntknw:

*terrain tile objects here being the ones generated by terrain editor, not ground objects

Looks great, but I can't seem to locate the download, could someone point it out? :smile:

Thanks.

I am just back from a stroll in south germany and into the Alps in this terrain scenario, with an F-111 F

Having been flying over and in the middle of those mountains RT, I cannot but stress again the incredible effect of this terrain

This is a milestone for SFP1 series. Basically you get the feeling of lock-on , but on a pentium 1.6 and a radeon 9600.

I can't even think of the same flight on a better rig.

I f you have not downloaded this yet, do it

I reinstalled NAtofighters on purpose. The whole natofighters needed a couple of touch up here and there (and I still suffer form 1 out of 5 CTD in single missions.)

This terrain, is worth flying over it just for the fun of skimming along highways and rivers

All what is really missing is bridges, but this is not CA_stary's fault.

:clapping: :clapping: Whose only fault is that he has not started yet preparing MORE TERRAINS! along the same quality"!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

(I am kidding, thanks for yur work stary!)

Whose only fault is that he has not started yet preparing MORE TERRAINS! along the same quality"!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

(I am kidding, thanks for yur work stary!)

Haven't I?

:biggrin:

Haven't I?

:biggrin:

WHAT IS THAT!

Edited by HrntFixr
Please remove images when replying with quote!!!

Got lost in the clouds, but I guess it's still over 'Nam

EDIT:

Ok, don't be so happy, it will take quite long time, working

Buiding ontop of Brain32's HR tileset, which is beautifully dark and gloomy

Edited by CA_Stary

Got lost in the clouds, but I guess it's still over 'Nam

EDIT:

Ok, don't be so happy, it will take quite long time, working

Buiding ontop of Brain32's HR tileset, which is beautifully dark and gloomy

Will there be water Bufalos in the rice paddys????? Just an idea, use it or dont do, :biggrin: thats up to you.

Will there be water Bufalos in the rice paddys????? Just an idea, use it or dont do, :biggrin: thats up to you.

Water, yes I think about adding water to Brain's tiles, this can look nicely

Water, yes I think about adding water to Brain's tiles, this can look nicely

Rice Plantations? :blink:

Edited by Silverbolt