Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Green Hell for Wings over Vietnam

This is what we have been waiting for in terms of vegetation. Thanks for what must have been exhausting and tedious work!

Looks absolutely marvellous. If only I didn't have the YAP terrain I would love to have it. I would think your terrain would overwrite there's but is there a way round this?

I have absolutely no idea... However you can try to make a copy of YAP terrain and try installing it... I'm sure your computer won't set on fire by doing so. Give it a try :ok:

Absolutely Beautiful!!

Thank you!

Edited by TurtleHawk

You are the master of the trees :good:

Thanks a lot

Tested it in my YAP Install and it works fine with it.

CA_Stary, if i fly over the jungle the vegetation is only near the plane visible.

Did you have a idea how to improve the range of the sight?

All graphic settings are at high.

img00004.jpg

Tested it in my YAP Install and it works fine with it.

CA_Stary, if i fly over the jungle the vegetation is only near the plane visible.

Did you have a idea how to improve the range of the sight?

All graphic settings are at high.

Open your flightengine.ini,

and under

[HighDetailOption]

find a line:

DetailMeshSize=6

try changing to higher values (like 8 or 10, even 12 if you have decent rig)

Lexx_Luthor told me about it, credit goes to him

It basically increases the range of objects, values are in kilometers?

Edit:

Anyone testing that ground shader?

Edited by CA_Stary

However you can try to make a copy of YAP terrain and try installing it... I'm sure your computer won't set on fire by doing so. Give it a try :ok:

I did so and as I expected it does not work... :sorry:

yapgreenhellnq8.th.jpg

edit: just to get this straight, it works, but how do i get rid of the mixed up tiles?

Edited by wilco

I did so and as I expected it does not work... :sorry:

edit: just to get this straight, it works, but how do i get rid of the mixed up tiles?

You shouldn't install the VIETNAM*.tga and bmp that are in this package. You backed up, right?

Hope so -restore your YAP terrain, and copy everything from my mod EXCEPT these files:

VIETNAMG5.tga

VIETNAMG7.tga

VIETNAMJR25.BMP

VIETNAMJR50.BMP

VIETNAMJR75.BMP

VIETNAMP1.tga

VIETNAMP2.tga

VIETNAMP3.tga

VIETNAMP4.tga

VIETNAMP5.tga

VIETNAMPJ50A.tga

VIETNAMR1.BMP

You shouldn't install the VIETNAM*.tga and bmp that are in this package. You backed up, right?

Sure :grin: But it seems that I have to merge the two versions of the VIETNAMSEA_data.ini because the one from YAP has 113 textures defined, whereas yours has only 104.

Edited by wilco

OMG, this is awsome :good::clapping:

It wouldn't be ever possible without your precious work, Brain :good:

CA_Stary I seem to have hit a snag.I intalled Brains High rez tiles into a stock Vietnam sea terrain,then I installed yours over his,all my water turned white the ocean,rivers,rice paddies all of them turned white no color at all can you tell me where I'm going astray?

CA_Stary I seem to have hit a snag.I intalled Brains High rez tiles into a stock Vietnam sea terrain,then I installed yours over his,all my water turned white the ocean,rivers,rice paddies all of them turned white no color at all can you tell me where I'm going astray?

hmm... this is wicked. Everything "should" be working. You installed all files from my mod? could you show me your vietnamsea_data.ini ?

EDIT:

I assume default version, not YAP, patched to the latest, v08.30.06?

Edited by CA_Stary

I think I got it working, now YAP looks even better! Thanks, dude! :good:

greenhellhp1.jpg

:good:

...calling out, around the world, are you ready for a brand new beat....

Amazing ! Just amazing. Thank you so very much. This has made my weekend. :good:

Just when I updated my virtual wardrobe to a nice set of desert fatigues I'm going to have to drag out the old green tropical set... !!

Ok folks be honest with me, I have just payed for razbam terrain mods, I can honestly say I like them, but having seen the screens of this work I am wondering if I would have still done it.

Actually ignore how I started this post, I won't regret having bought a mod, I know how much work it can be, the thing is, I have only just installed the razbam stuff and I am allready thinking I should use Ca_stary's stuff instead, it just looks so frikkin sweeeeeet!!!

What do I do?

Another great work from you CA, this terrain mods really add new life to the environment

I'm facing the same problem under the same settings (Stock WOV 08.30.06 + Brain32 Tiles) on Medium water detail level, on High detail some water is textured tough, the rivers and some patches on the terrain. Any toughts on how to solve it? Thanks in advance

Ok folks be honest with me, I have just payed for razbam terrain mods, I can honestly say I like them, but having seen the screens of this work I am wondering if I would have still done it.

Actually ignore how I started this post, I won't regret having bought a mod, I know how much work it can be, the thing is, I have only just installed the razbam stuff and I am allready thinking I should use Ca_stary's stuff instead, it just looks so frikkin sweeeeeet!!!

What do I do?

Seperate install :wink:

Or make a duplicate of the terrain and rename it.

FastCargo

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank you so much for your hard work CA_Stary :good:

It kills a bit my FPS, 18 instead of 40 without with my rig (barton 3000+ 2 Go RAM) but I don't care :biggrin: . It brings so much immersion for me. I love flying low and slow :biggrin:

forest1.jpg

forest2.jpg

forest3.jpg