Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Green Hell for Wings over Vietnam

I haven't wtitten myself the entry that worked for vietnamsea. I think, but I might be wrong, that it comes from the pre-patch terrain SEA, I.E. pre-latest WOE patch, the one that enabled animated water

Brain's WOV tiles and the Forest and Farms mod all have the same data in the water texture section. It's more similar to what Canadair posted. I pasted that in my data.ini, and it fixed the problem for both the vietnam water and my OTC water issue...

Stary, will you create a Cuban version of the mod? Will be pretty nice for low level strikes and recon flights over the islands!

Stary, will you create a Cuban version of the mod? Will be pretty nice for low level strikes and recon flights over the islands!

If time allows, why not, I could do such conversion. But other projects have higher priority right now

Rgr Stary, can ou tell me how you add all those trees? I'm really interested

I'm also still getting the barren white "patches" on the terrain tiles after deleting these lines in VietnamSea_data.ini:

UseEffectShader=TRUE

EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx

Have there been any updates made to the Green Hell files or any further suggestions to try? When I go back to the stock Brain32 terrain (which is just fantastic work as well) I have no problems. So I obviously suspect it is an issue within Green Hell but am not sure EXACTLY what the fix might be... :dntknw:

Edited by swambast

I'm also still getting the barren white "patches" on the terrain tiles after deleting these lines in VietnamSea_data.ini:

UseEffectShader=TRUE

EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx

Have there been any updates made to the Green Hell files or any further suggestions to try? When I go back to the stock Brain32 terrain (which is just fantastic work as well) I have no problems. So I obviously suspect it is an issue within Green Hell but am not sure EXACTLY what the fix might be... :dntknw:

Try installing both Brain's tiles and then the green hell mod. Then look at the data.ini file in Brain's zip file (since you over wrote it with the green hell one). Find the section call Water Texture or whatever it is. Copy that whole section and paste it in over the one in Green Hell. That fixed it for me.

Try installing both Brain's tiles and then the green hell mod. Then look at the data.ini file in Brain's zip file (since you over wrote it with the green hell one). Find the section call Water Texture or whatever it is. Copy that whole section and paste it in over the one in Green Hell. That fixed it for me.

I'll post fix for the white water later today

I had the problem of white water at sea and on land in medium settings, also. I cured it by adding a texture notation to the VIETNAMSEADATA.INI:

TextureStage[01].TextureName=VIETNAMS2.TGA

And I changed the second reference from:

TextureStage[02].TextureName=ref_color.bmp

to:

TextureStage[02].TextureName=VIETNAMS1.TGA

Can someone post what needs to be done to have this be compatible with YAP? I realise you can't redistribute YAP files, and I'm not asking for that. However, if certain lines in a config need to be changed surely it is permissible to say change the line starting with "Blah" to "Bleh" or somesuch.

Great, looking forward to the fix/update when you get a chance CA_Stary!

I second csevers request on this, that would be awesome:

Can someone post what needs to be done to have this be compatible with YAP...if certain lines in a config need to be changed surely it is permissible to say change the line starting with "Blah" to "Bleh" or somesuch.
Edited by swambast

As for YAP compatibility -try contacting Wilco -he made data.ini usable for YAP install himself, he cannot post it as it's not allowed by YAP team, but I think he could show you how-to via PM.

I wish more guns were placed that way :)

post-21726-1205519532_thumb.jpg

I find that a lot of the targets in YAP are now hidden by trees, that's a good thing in my book. Especially troops and guns etc. A touch of unintentional realism. Great stuff ! :good:

I find that a lot of the targets in YAP are now hidden by trees, that's a good thing in my book. Especially troops and guns etc. A touch of unintentional realism. Great stuff ! :good:

Quote completeyl Spadgirl.

As said before this mod changed completely the approach to the whole game

You know, Korea coud use a similar "renovation" :wink:

I heard a rumor that Brain32 is working on HR Korea repaint :ninja::good:

I managed to get it working with YAP after some help from Wilco. I actually got this mod and brain32's high res tile repaints. It changes the colour palette to a darker one but everything seems to work nicely so far. Of course I have only checked a few missions so don't take that as gospel.

First make sure you back up your VietnamSEA folder!

To make it work, I opened up the vietnamsea_data.ini file from YAP and copied the stuff before the TextureXXX headers into the vietnamsea_data.ini file of the CA_Stary mod. If you have more TextureXXX entries in your YAP file copy over the ones that are higher numbered than the last one in the CA_Stary mod file. Put all the files from the mod in the appropriate folder but use your modified ini file.

I am slowly working on an update to create more realistic environment with better graphically, denser jungle, stay tuned :yes:

Did I hear "denser jungle"? :shok:

When are you going to insert blades of grass?

Did I hear "denser jungle"? :shok:

When are you going to insert blades of grass?

Elephant grass would be nice addition indeed :wink: Will see where my experiments will lead me into, apart .tod madness

Edit:

Ok, here are first attempts at new, more of a rainforest type trees. I want them to blend better with the terrain textures in the distance.

And the napalm is a sketch from Enchanced Explosions 2 update (using HDR plugin, DetailMeshDistance=14):

Usual ETA of 2 weeks.

Edited by CA_Stary

And two more, working on trees textures, these were taken in WoI, which has updated alpha channel rendering system, eliminating the tod vs. canopy render bug :good: :

I know, bloom is too extensive, playing with settings

And now excuse me, have something to develop :wink:

The stuff you terrain and enviroment modders do is worth a million add on aircraft, exellent work CA_Stary.