I'm an absolute -102 nut so this package is something I've eagerly awaited for quite some time. I sent Veltro a message asking if I could help out because it seems there is a big discussion going on regarding the various weapons and stores carried by the Deuce. I'm sure he's gotten a ton of PM's from people asking to help so maybe mine got passed over. I couldn't pass up the chance to see if I could provide any help on this project so I thought I'd post some information regarding Deuce weapons and stores. If it's been covered, then my apologies, but here it goes:

Underwing hardpoints: One 230-gallon (as opposed to the 360-gallon tanks of the F-106) external tank (jettisonable) for each wing. In one instance there is a photo of a Deuce with an SUU-11 minigun pod mounted under the port wing on a TER, but this appears to have only been a trial and the gun pod itself was never wired to the aircraft's systems and thus not ever fired. It was a 509th FIS bird that was modded apparently.

The weapons bay is comprised of three separate bays, with each bay having room for two missiles, and covered up by two doors (thus, six doors total).

The outboard bays were used for AIM-4 Falcon AAM's and the inboard door on each outboard bay (if that makes sense) had rocket tubes for six rockets (thus 12 rockets for the outboard two bays).

The centerline bay was used for AIM-4 Falcon as well as AIM-26A Nuclear Falcon and AIM-26B Super Falcon AAM's. Each door for the centerline bay had rocket tubes for up to 12 more rockets (thus 12 for the centerline bay and 24 total). If the AIM-26 setup was fitted, then the larger dimensions of that missile meant that smaller (i.e. thinner) bay doors must be used for the centerline, thus deleting the rocket tubes.

In short, the Deuce had the following weapons options:

Two tanks, six Falcons, and 24 rockets OR if AIM-26's were carried the maximum number of rockets was reduced to 12. Keep in mind that the AIM-26 when carried was only cleared for the center bay, limiting the number of that weapon to two.

I have a great idea for how to setup the data.ini in terms of the weapons stations that will allow various combinations of Falcon types (i.e. radar, IR, and the Nuclear/Super variants) as well as the rockets to be carried. Tanks too.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I'd really like to help with this project.

Thanks to all who are doing work on this great plane. You've made my year with this release!

I've been tinkering around with the Deuce, and I've made some rather interesting changes that I feel work well for the model. First off, I managed to move the external tanks forward and inward just a bit. I noticed, they weren't quite centered on the pylons and by comparing them to the 1/48 scale F-102 I have sitting on my computer desk (ironically in SEA colors), I noticed they were a bit far back so I changed those values too.

I also changed the rockets from the 5-inch HVAR type to the smaller 2.75-inch type by making a simple copy of the 2.75-inch weapon and turning off the "Rocket Pod" checkmark. They are nowloadable, which is great because it greatly reduces the weight. The real Deuce used the 2-75-inch rocket anyway.

Finally, I think I've found the perfect weapons loadout in the data.ini (i.e. the ordering of the station ID's and such). My only limit is that I can only load one missile in the center bay (using the Genie station for that now). Going to keep tinkering around with it....maybe I can figure out how to add and second "Genie" station and get that sixth missile in there somehow. I saw on a recent thread that someone has figured out how to get that sixth missile. Maybe I can too.

Again, there are probably people working on this stuff, but I've got some fixes if anyone is interested. Just trying to see what help I can be in this project.

Thanks all.

Preliminary work:

gallery_12105_43_432711.jpg

Drag chute added.

Speedbrake hard coded animation removed, now done by the TW engine.

Additional flight control links added, elevons are now 'blended' in pitch and roll.

Arresting hook works.

Doing other stuff first before I work on weapons bays to get an idea of how many animation slots I need. I suspect I will need 4 slots and a new FFAR model.

Thanks for letting me help Veltro.

FC

I really love how the community's doing these days...

Awesome work guys, I'm eager to get my greedy paws on the final release.

Ed and Harold, you guys make a great team. Keep up the good work.

Preliminary work:

PIC

ry_12105_43_432711.jpgDrag chute added.

Speedbrake hard coded animation removed, now done by the TW engine.

Additional flight control links added, elevons are now 'blended' in pitch and roll.

Arresting hook works.

Doing other stuff first before I work on weapons bays to get an idea of how many animation slots I need. I suspect I will need 4 slots and a new FFAR model.

Thanks for letting me help Veltro.

FC

No ..Thank you and Everyone else for your help......and now that I have all of your attention :rolleyes: I have a few more Birds comming out like the white swan, Nimrod R1 and R2,Mirage IVA, TF-102 c-17,c-141b,c5A, 747,including others and some new Mods i have in mind :wink:

Edited by Veltro2k

Like the AP-2H? :biggrin:

Already being done

Blackfly productions on Caps site

img00159.jpg

No ..Thank you and Everyone else for your help......and now that I have all of your attention :rolleyes: I have a few more Birds comming out like the white swan, Nimrod R1 and R2,Mirage IVA, TF-102 c-17,c-141b,c5A, 747,including others and some new Mods i have in mind :wink:

Nimrod R1 and R2 ? Great... now all we need is a map that includes northern Russia and we can have our own Spy Flights...!

SB

Coop thanks for the info. I've never seen it so clear. Very interesting indeed.

OOOOH. A P-2 Neptune. Very nice indeed.

LloydNB

I'm an absolute -102 nut so this package is something I've eagerly awaited for quite some time. I sent Veltro a message asking if I could help out because it seems there is a big discussion going on regarding the various weapons and stores carried by the Deuce.

Or you could go HERE and download the following:

F-102A Delta Dagger SAC - 24 February 1958

F-102A Delta Dagger SAC - 2 November 1953

F-102A Delta Dagger SAC - August 1962

TF-102A SAC - 7 March 1956

F-102B CS - 2 November 1953

F-102B CS - 25 April 1956

F-102B SAC - 2 November 1953

F-102B SAC - 25 April 1956

TF-102B CS - 18 March 1954

For all the loadout and FM model help you need; as well as the various Falcon missile sheets; specifically the XGAR ones:

XGAR-1A Falcon SAC - 14 August 1953

XGAR-1A Falcon SAC - 15 November 1954

XGAR-1B Falcon SAC - 15 November 1954

XGAR-1C Falcon SAC - 2 May 1955

They're full of cool tidbits. Like for example this one from one of the XGAR papers:

post-9204-1240447759_thumb.png

Aside from the TF-102 document, the others refer to the F-106 (which was known as the F-102B originally). The TF-102 had the same armament fit as the F-102A though so that document at least should still be useful.

Odd that the person who put up the site (which looks to be chock full of interesting information) didn't notice and make the F-106 its own spot on the page.

Aside from the TF-102 document, the others refer to the F-106 (which was known as the F-102B originally). The TF-102 had the same armament fit as the F-102A though so that document at least should still be useful.

Ummm.....Go down to the April 7 Update:

F-102A Delta Dagger SAC - 24 February 1958

F-102A Delta Dagger SAC - 2 November 1953

F-102A Delta Dagger SAC - August 1962

As for the F-102B/F-106A thing, I started looking through the documents, and there IS a sudden change in the F-102B; the April 1953 SAC for it shows the traditional forward-fuselage air intakes of teh F-102; and then when you go to the April 1956 SAC; it's like a totally different plane, with the mid-fuselage intake of the F-106.

When I next update, I'll put a note in the F-102 section to that extent.

Odd that the person who put up the site (which looks to be chock full of interesting information) didn't notice and make the F-106 its own spot on the page.

F-106 documents are up there; just go to the April 7 update at the bottom of the page for:

F-106A Delta Dart SAC - November 1964

F-106A Delta Dart SAC - October 1961

Eventually, there will be a F-106 section in the list; when I update enough times to reach the April 7 section (each time I update, I put the oldest update files in the sections -- this is intended to help people who don't visit my site super regularly remember what's new and what's not each time, instead of going through the huge list).

Sorry if I'm hyjacking the thread a little. Carry on guys.

Already being done

img00159.jpg

VIVA NEPTUNE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping::clapping:

Hou doe,

Derk

Hey Veltro (OT a bit-just a bit), that Neptune - is that BlackFly model or yours?

Hey Veltro (OT a bit-just a bit), that Neptune - is that BlackFly model or yours?

Like the AP-2H? :biggrin:

Already being done

img00159.jpg

Edited by Veltro2k

We're talking F-102's......no hijacking going on that I see. :)

Is that your site though? If so, you have done a wonderful job, and one that is probably greatly appreciated by the folks who play this game. I know I like to make sure I get accurate loadouts on my aircraft, and where else on the internet can you find the actual accurate list of weapons carried by the Banshee (for example).

Great job!

Updated F-102A sent to Veltro2K for his signoff. Assuming he approves, you'll see it here soon.

img00001.jpg

FC

FC,

How much different is the Mapping? Just a thought to Update the last Skins....

EDIT: The Picture tells a thousand Words........

Edited by 331Killerbee

Hardly at all. The big thing is that the main gear doors and weapon bay doors are now part of the fuselage and wing mappings...similar to how I worked the T-38.

FC

Looking great!