Looking good my friend.

It really is nice. Really shows how Ed is honing his skillz. :good:

Looks like it might be ready when I get back from Dallas.

Wow Veltro2K, this model looks wonderful! After all the "vaporware" versions of the F-102 that we have seen glimpses of and nothing more, Veltro brings it home. Terrific job.

will release as beta this week

Dammit! now I'm not going to get any work done! :good:

Wow! Spectabulous (which is a combination of spectacular and fabulous)!!!

Guest a10boar
Wow! Spectabulous (which is a combination of spectacular and fabulous)!!!

I'll be the 1st to 2nd that!

nice one :thumbsup:

just took out 4 IL-28's.. with 4 Aim-4's.... Lucifer must be skatting to work this morning :S

Craig

I'll probably be sent to the gallows, but I agree with one of the above posters. I find the F-102 a better looking airplane than the F-106. The Dart is still a beautiful plane, don't get me wrong, but there is something about the Deuce I've always fancied, and when talking about the Century Jets, the Deuce holds my heart.

Just downloaded your new bird, and I must say you've got the makings of a very good mod. I've been waiting for this one for a very long time as it's my favorite Century Jet. I probably pestered you about it some time again when I learned you were working on it. Thanks again for a job well done thus far.

I know this is a Beta model and there are some changes you still have to make, but I wanted to make sure you knew for sure about the weapons loadout of the F-102 during its career. It in fact did not carry the Genie, while the nuclear tipped weapon for the Deuce was in fact a variant of the AIM-4.....the AIM-26A Nuclear Falcon. I believe the AIM-26B Super Falcon (conventional variant) was fitted to the Deuce as well. AIM-4F and AIM-4G were in fact only carried by the F-106. Anyways, I'd love to send you a PM with all of the information I have on the Deuce and the stores it carried. I've read a ton of books and other material on it, and though I don't consider myself an expert, I have researched the airplane rather exhaustively as it is indeed one of my favorites. If you are using the 4xFalcon/1xGenie loadout as a temporary hold from the F-106 (noticed the maximum allowed Mach in the data.ini is 2.31 so I'm assuming its based on the -160 data.ini) and you have the information I just mentioned then I understand, but I just thought I'd try to help you out if you needed any.

Just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help you out with this type of information. (Be nice to put all this useless knowledge in my head to some good use.)

Again thanks for your efforts. Can't wait to see the finished product!

*oops* wrong thread. Cockpit stuff. There are too many F-102 threads lately. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :good:

---

Ordway, try this. It matches pilot position with player. You can see the wings and just a tip of drop tank. I'm using olde SF 2006.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-106_Pit

Position=0.0,3.7,0.7

Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=165

MinYaw=-165

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-60

MinPitchRear=-40

If I recall, the game assumes Nose is already ShowFromCockpit=FALSE by lack of this line in the DATA file, so its already good to go, I think.

Poasting about drop tanks...NoJettisionTank=FALSE lets you drop the tanks. They are not perma fixed to the external model like on the F-106 model. Thanks Veltro!!

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Great Pappy.......

btw, plane is beta but some measures are not correct>

e.g. for max speeds>

MaxSpeedSL=330.55

MachLimit=1.25

did my model just dissapear from downloads "?

I appreciate all the help Guys and Ladies :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Edited by Veltro2k

"I swear sir, I left it parked RIGHT HERE!" :lol:

Great Pappy.......

btw, plane is beta but some measures are not correct>

e.g. for max speeds>

MaxSpeedSL=330.55

MachLimit=1.25

What is wrong with those speeds? Mach 1.25 is the airplane's maximum and 640 knots (Mach 0.97) is a reasonable sea level max.

Engine: One Pratt & Whitney J57-P-23 turbojet, 10,200 lb.s.t. dry and 16,000 lb.s.t. with afterburning, or a J57-P-25, 11,700 lb.s.t. dry and 17,200 lb.s.t. with afterburning. Performance: Maximum speed: 825 mph at 35,000 feet (Mach 1.25). Initial climb rate: 13,000 feet per minute. An altitude of 51,800 feet could be attained in 9.9 minutes. Combat ceiling was 51,800 feet and service ceiling was 53,400 feet. Maximum range was 1350 miles.

Performance

Maximum speed: Mach 1.25 (825 mph, 1,304 km/h) at 40,000 ft (12,190 m)

Range: 1,350 mi (1,170 nm, 2,175 km)

Service ceiling: 53,400 ft (16,300 m)

Rate of climb: 13,000 ft/min (66 m/s)

Wing loading: 35 lb/ft² (172 kg/m²)

Thrust/weight: 0.70

This is the official USAF data.

TECHNICAL NOTES:

Armament: 24 unguided 2.75-in. rockets and six guided missiles

Engine: One Pratt & Whitney J57 of 16,000 lbs. thrust with afterburner

Maximum speed: 810 mph

Cruising speed: 600 mph

Range: 1,000 miles

Ceiling: 55,000 ft.

Span: 38 ft. 1 in.

Length: 68 ft. 4 in. (including boom)

Height: 21 ft. 2 in.

Weight: 31,559 lbs. maximum

Don's info is correct.....

The YF-102 couldn't even break the sound barrier--that's one reason why they scabbed those love handles onto the rear of the fuselage. They create an area-rule effect without requiring a complete redesign of the fuselage. From a performance standpoint the 102 is crap compared to the 106.

What is wrong with those speeds? Mach 1.25 is the airplane's maximum and 640 knots (Mach 0.97) is a reasonable sea level max.

Nothing wrong - in beta release stands too much >

MaxSpeedSL=387.93

MachLimit=2.31

those are mine corrected values>

1.25 Ma and appropriate sea level line :smile:

Nothing wrong - in beta release stands too much >

MaxSpeedSL=387.93

MachLimit=2.31

those are mine corrected values>

1.25 Ma and appropriate sea level line :smile:

You don't have the latest flight model.

I only have one inside beta release, donno if updated afterwards.

This model is great!! And the new skin looks damn good, @ veltro can we help to close the 3 small holes? one infront of the pitot an the two other on the tailcones left and right?? the rest is perfect

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird