Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Got a new job today...

Been a bit busy lately so havnt posted much. But now some news I thought I share with you all. The wife and I have been struggling a bit since moving north these last few years. Well, hopefully the tide is turning. Things have been falling in place so I'm sure I see the Good Lords' hand in this. Today I was hired by the county to be a detention officer at the county jail. Not full time yet as I have to be trained and go to the POST acadamy for a few weeks once its known how I'll do. But, God willing, full time will hopefully come soon. We sure need it. Keep us in your prayers folks... :good:

detentionofficermed.jpg

Awesome news man. Keep us in the loop in how the training goes.

outstanding!! Congratulations and the best of luck!

:good:

good luck and good news indeed :)

i'm sure you will keep us informed ;)

Cheers!

Congrats. good luck. :good:

Ditto

Excellent news, I wish you the every success and blessing for this new job!

Certainly good news hang in there as it sounds as though everything is coming together for you, you and your wife certainly have our best wishes from over here in the UK.

Lazboy

Thanks for the kind replies fellas. Second day on the job, hauled a 20 year old kid into court for his second hearing on aledgedly murduring his Dad with a shotgun blast to the head. Then spent another 4 hours in court watching a female prisoner be sentenced to state prison for 15 years for incest among other things. Learned booking in prisoners with 5 new additions and learned transfers with another kid going to the state pen. Set down after 6 hours non-stop to grab a bite and got the county sheriff suddenly in my face asking who the h*** I was...this jobs' gonna be interestin'...

Congratulations and good luck; sounds like it's already getting interesting.

Congrats

My sister and father are both LEOs (father retired). I have been trying to get a position with the feds for past year and half...keeping up @$$ed out. Good you are doing something for the community and the good of your state. Stay safe.