Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

Changing of the Guard

Have noticed of late that some of the fellows I remembered from years of ThirdWire dedicated forums are slowly waning. Some would say that is sad, some would point to the 32,000 plus members here and say "so what".

I, being firmly entrenched in one of those categories (guess which), say it is a big deal. No disrespect, but my doubts are strong that without some of those people this community would not have survived the pre-patch and pre-patch 2 days. There are some still around from the "wal-mart release" era, but too few. Sure, the reasons are many and some perhaps are not so missed.

Of course there are some great members of the "post-Modern" era that really make it awesome (I am talking about the few females are here now as well as the truly cool people who keep this forum lively and open).

I read Dave's thread regarding finances and I read serverandenforcers thread on temperament. If you (and I mean you) have not read those, then please do; if you already did, then do what I did and read them again.

Personally I miss the Column5 Forum. It was far more level-headed over there. We called each other names, but friends do that. I mean, it really is not my fault that Dave is a Detroit Lions fan...he has gone to the recovery meetings, but denial is not just a river in Egypt. It runs right next to Saints fans and one could argue the post-Modern Saints, the Texans (who are really just the Oilers Mk.II and we all know how well they performed).

That being said, say thanks to those that contributed, to the forum moderators, to the modders, and to those that kept a game alive despite some very painful adolescence moments. Of course, especially to TK, who made/makes it all happen.

And rainbows...

Cheers

:salute:

Personally I miss the Column5 Forum. It was far more level-headed over there.

Level-headed is one thing I never thought the old place would be called. :blink:

I know exactly what you are saying though, as far as your post goes.

I feel too overly honored by that post sparkomatic :blush: . Thank you for that comment. I've felt more connectiveness with this community than I have with any other site.

Thanks to all the 'Old Timers' (Said with much Respect)

C5's forum was both level-headed, and clear-headed. Dave was one of those with a clear head....in his case, 'cause its empty :haha:

Dave was one of those with a clear head....in his case, 'cause its empty :haha:

The ultimate clarity--transparent. :haha:

Well not to get all mushy on this all but man I miss the old days when we were all one community and didn't have the problems we have now. But leave it to a few ass munches to ruin it. I miss the C5 forum too.

Well not to get all mushy on this all but man I miss the old days when we were all one community and didn't have the problems we have now. But leave it to a few ass munches to ruin it. I miss the C5 forum too.

I guess I am a Johnny-come-lately on these forums and did not get on the C5 forums. I also don't see some of the slime tossed around on these forums by undiciplined members, but I credit that to our watchful administrators (they've caught me out too) :good::good: . I have received exactly what I came for when I signed up, expanded knowledge of TKs sims, and a useful exchange of information. Credit goes, once again, to our moderators and administrators. C5 forums must have been fun, but I have thoroughly gained from these forums as well.

hey I have nothing to do today....why don't you guys get some cash together and a list of said ass-munches and they problem might "go away" :wink:

For the C5 vets, soon I'll post links to my photobucket albums of beautiful Asian Beauties. For the newbies, heh boy are you be in for a treat!

Falcon

I Followed Dave over here from Frugals when i first started really getting into TW Sims and i wasn't around for the C5 forum, but this is a first class site and the people here have treated me great from day one. This was the first site to actually wish me a happy birthday and some great members have helped me more times than i can count.

I'm currently in a financial disaster with my GFs medical bills (She recently lost her left hand due to a bloodclot) so i can only offer minor assistance with game issues right now, but once we get things squared away i will donate to help keep this incredible site running, its become a second home to me and these sims are a great way to take my mind off real life when i'm stuck at home.

Have noticed of late that some of the fellows I remembered from years of ThirdWire dedicated forums are slowly waning.

if by some kind chance you include me in that I've just had a lot of stuff keeping me busy in the real world over the last few months.

hopefully will get back to normal over the Winter - you can't get rid of me that easily! :spiteful: .

Have noticed of late that some of the fellows I remembered from years of ThirdWire dedicated forums are slowly waning.

Perhaps they're busy invading Nigeria, or something along those lines.... :rofl:

There are some still around from the "wal-mart release" era, but too few.

I still wake up screaming from that deal sometimes.

Was a beta-tester, and thought we finally had a handle on the issues, then that nuke hit.

Holy crap, what a nightmare...

It's inevitable. For instance, SimHQ c. 2008 is nothing like SimHQ c. 2000 when I first started there. That 6 years after SFP1's release things are different is no real surprise.

I can understand that.

Same thing for CombatSim.com. It used to be so happening, and now it is about a dozen folks.

Sadness, really...

Edited by Spectre_USA

Fact of life, nothing stays the same forever. :dntknw:

So enjoy it while you can, whatever your it maybe.

Damn shame to...i personally would like to see bygones be bygones and everyone work together. Hell look what i did with the Prowler and the people involved. :wink:

Works a hell of a lot better as a team doesn't it?

I know what you are getting at. and you would think that, but when you surround yourself with walls and stamp out criticism in any form, then all you have to do is blame yourself.

I don't know the whole story so can't comment....now let's all sit around the campfire holding hands and sing Kumbaya :haha:

Never happen.

Guest 531_Ghost

Walls with doors/windows that open? Sure I can be surrounded by them. Stamp out criticism in any form? Nah, only the criticism that isn't constructive. In other word, if you're going to criticize or point out problems, offer solutions to those problems. If you the critic don't, you're part of the problem.

My .02

I think everyone should drink malt liquor and get funky.

I think everyone should drink malt liquor and get funky.

And listen to Barry White. Sit back, relax and drink some Colt .45. Look how well Billy Dee did.

And listen to Barry White. Sit back, relax and drink some Colt .45. Look how well Billy Dee did.

Sh*t yes Colt 45. Works every time.

Guest 531_Ghost

Well from what I hear (read) there's probably going to be a Camelbak (probably more) full of some amber colored liquid consumed over the weekend. :wink: