Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

October 2008 patches for ALL ThirdWire Sims has been released.

Haven't got that far yet but,there's a quick fix for rotors not turning here on general discussions about a page back.

A little update on my last post,

Start from a clean install and then port everything over without overwriting any of the new stuff. I was running into issues until i did this, the labels didnt show up and a few other things. Its a PITA but its not hard just time consuming, i've finished finished since the time of my last post, so it won't take forever, but you must make sure you are not overwriting anything.

Not sure if i like the in-flight Labels or not yet, but it does look pretty good on the map!

EDIT: BTW if TK pulls this again in a month i will be leading the charge with Torches and Pitchforks!!! j/k :rofl:

Edited by WarlordATF

C'mon, it's not the first time that TK has released a refinement patch soon after a new update came out....and don't forget, the sole reason this patch exists is that TK did listen to our feedback to the Sept 2008 patch.

For example:

* Guided bombs, when EASY Weapons Effectiveness Option selected, are

made to hit their target easier. :wink:

I'm not saying that this change was necessary, but it sure is a nice move by TK.

Edited by Gocad

I dont understand...people complain when there is no patch...and then complain when there is a patch...

I dont understand...people complain when there is no patch...and then complain when there is a patch...

Yeah I noticed that too, he fixes some stuff people complained about, added a couple features and people STILL bitch. Well be rest assured the whining will be kept to a minimum this time. We aren't going through this again.

So, anyone found any other goodies not posted in the ReadMe yet? I'm debating not installing this one (finally have WOE and WOV just where I want them). I thought the last patch was going to be the LAST patch...for a long time.

So I figured if there wasn't anything earth-shattering in them, I'd pass. Don't get me wrong...I'm VERY VERY VERY pleased TK released another patch. I'm astounded that he continues to update a 6 year-old flight-sim (SF:P1).

But, since I don't see anything wrong with my current install...and the new added stuff doesn't appeal to me, I was wondering if anyone had seen some new stuff that isn't mentioned.

Oh who the hell am I kidding, I'll patch. I always do. :biggrin:

I thought the last patch was going to be the LAST patch...for a long time.

I had a hunch that there might be another one coming, but I'm surprised by TK's swift execution. :biggrin:

Someone want to be a good guy and upload those patches here? My internet is slower than hell since I had to switch. Would take me 2 days to get them uploaded.

Thanks Gocad.

No problem, I must add though that right now I have only the patches for WOV & WOE, so if anyone wants to upload the other patches (WOI, SFP1 or FE), go ahead. :yes:

upload which remaining to which spot?

"Yeah I noticed that too, he fixes some stuff people complained about, added a couple features and people STILL bitch. Well be rest assured the whining will be kept to a minimum this time. "

some people will complain about the quality of the rope what hung 'em!!

(apologies to whomever that quote is taken from)

Holy Cr@p those are big files!!!

uploading in progress..................

stand by..............

stand by...............

stand by some more................

Edited by Typhoid

Thanks Typhoid, 3 more to go.

WOV patch is uploaded.

I don't see it there yet.

I didn't realize you were uploading it, I've got a duplicate coming. Sorry about that.

watching these upload is sort of like watching a lady give birth to a bowling ball...........

Edited by Typhoid

Are these new patches all inclusive? Can I toss Sept08 out? Has anyone tested these patches in multiplay before release? Dave, don't be in a hurry to delete out the older 5.15.06 and 8.30.06 patches this time.

Yes, the October patch is essentially a slightly refined version of the Sept 2008 patch.

I don't see it there yet.

I didn't realize you were uploading it, I've got a duplicate coming. Sorry about that.

watching these upload is sort of like watching a lady give birth to a bowling ball...........

No problem. You can't see it because it hasn't been approved yet. I have to admit that I'm glad that I've seen your uploads, otherwise I would have uploaded the WOE patch as well. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

Thanks Typhoid, 3 more to go.

You are most welcome!

Done! All six uploaded and awaiting your approval. I may have been uploading a few at the same time Gocad was so you may have some duplicates.

Now that I have in my last-century thinking;

downloaded 483 megabytes

uploaded the same 483 megabytes to CA for a total bandwidth of just short of a gig

it now occurs to me that maybe in the future you guys at CA in order to save bandwidth ($$$) might want to just post the link back to Thirdwire?

just a thought in this new 21st Century net-centric world........

Are these new patches all inclusive? Can I toss Sept08 out? Has anyone tested these patches in multiplay before release? Dave, don't be in a hurry to delete out the older 5.15.06 and 8.30.06 patches this time.

yeah yeah I know, I know... :biggrin:

Hi all, just want to ask if anybody else has no trees displayed with new oct2008-patches? :dntknw:

Edited by -=ZERO=-

Hey, the IFF function in the TWS mode is fixed :good:

Yeeehaw!

I was just about to install SFP:1 again anyways!

i just try the mi-8 and there are no changes to by made anymore , you can land and take off with out rotor stop also the rotor diameter does not matter anymore :clapping:

That is the one thing I am VERY looking forward to in this patch.

Operation scorched earth to happen over the weekend, 10+ hour days until then.

Anyone called for their wingie to splash an in parameters bandit yet? That was a 3 pager I had at Thirdwire's T/S forums.

I recently announced it, so wonder if TK fixed it...