Wings over Timor? Indonesian MiG-21? Operation TRIKORA?:good:

Yup. That's Wings Over Timor.

Indonesian landscape is really stunning.

Edited by jomni

USNF-101B01.jpg

McDonnell F-101B Voodoo - VF-14 'Tophatters' NAS Cecil Field, 1960*.

USNF-101B02.jpg

* I think they had a bit of a drought back thengrin.gif

• Like 1

Ya know what would really look nice with all of this bump mapping going on is a VooDoo with some serious bump mapping!

Well, I literally did it in 5 minutes by using the SH templates you made there Eric...just cut out everything except the panel lines and rivets, then added a pure white layer underneath. And then used xNormal. Didn't even change the opacity. It was another test that turned out pretty good...and darn convincing, even from the cockpit view.

However, Grinch asked eariler and I don't think the sim scales the bump maps like it does the textures because I noticed the bump maps were crushing my system at 2048x2048 which is what you see in the screenshot (I have a relatively old GPU).

I think a decent skinner can do much more than I can do.

I was thinking about it today when I flying formation and looking at the aircraft I was flying off of, with all the wrinkles in the skin (50 year old T-38) and how a bump map could really bring out that sort of thing.

FC

Well, once i stop clearing, and can spend more time on gaming, I'll get around to it. Once I figure out all the stuff you're ahead of me on, I can probably do something about that, but not sure at the moment. I got alot of things on the mind right now, so the damage holes and bump mapping will be worked on, probably start later on the week.

Le requin de St. Louis

Niiiiiiice ...........Niiiiiiice....

Whadda you lookin' at? Ain't you ever seen a Sundowner before?!

post-29988-12676127276121.jpg

I just love sunrise shots. Don't care who's flying

post-29988-12676129092513.jpg

Ya know what would really look nice with all of this bump mapping going on is a VooDoo with some serious bump mapping!

I am not excited about this bump mapping at all. Does nothing for me. I waived off erikgen on the bump mapping for the Voodoo because its seem silly to redo the models again just to get bump mapping. I think the new models should have it though. With all the other projects people are working on and trying to get out, stopping to do a model again to add this is just silly. Just my 2 cents.

Ok Spinners, you starting to cross the line when you are putting Navy marking on a USAF aircraft. rofl.gif just a joke.

Do we need to create it from scratch? I thought it`s a texture wich is aplied to it and than exportet it?

I do not know the procedure. My point for example is FC and I worked on the Eagles and re released them how many times? Then this bump mapping came out and he was thinking about doing them again. I talked some sense into him and we agreed that for example the new Sabres and C model Vipers would have it. Old Diego is going to apply it to his Cobra. So its a good thing it can be done (even though I am not jizzing my jeans over it).

North American Vigilante GR.1 of No.614 (County of Glamorgan) Squadron, Royal Auxiliary Air Force

Happy St. David's Day!

Awesome Spinners. I need to get one of your Vigi skins and create a psuedo TSR.2 from 6 Sqn. About as close as we've got.

Whadda you lookin' at? Ain't you ever seen a Sundowner before?!

post-29988-12676127276121.jpg

Fantastic screenshot. :yikes::salute:

You've all heard of the Love Boat; Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, the kingdom of Kuwait is proud to present................

The Prayer Boat!!! (cue theme music)

post-29988-1267636819763.jpg

USNF-101B05.jpg

McDonnell Voodoo F-101B's of VF-111 Sundowners

Gotta love the new lighting effects in the second gen sims. Strike mission at dawn....

Takeoff

Forming up

First pass..... Missed the target

No missing on the second pass!

• Like 1

Couple A-7 shots.

img00006.JPG

img00007.JPG

Couple A-7 shots.

Oy! Those are some sweeeet shots!

Stary's Hollywood Effects rocks! This was a single SAM site going up...

gallery_26185_408_108441.jpg

I am not excited about this bump mapping at all. Does nothing for me. I waived off erikgen on the bump mapping for the Voodoo because its seem silly to redo the models again just to get bump mapping. I think the new models should have it though. With all the other projects people are working on and trying to get out, stopping to do a model again to add this is just silly. Just my 2 cents.

Well it's literally just reexporting the top lod with an extra texture assigned.

Couple A-7 shots.

Dave is it DS terrain? and which effectpack (watereffect.fx, waternormal etc), are you using for this terrain? Doesn't seem the "stock" one fromDS, but I might be wrong. Also if it is is DS I assume it is Series1?

Hammer of the gods.../quote]

Hey ShrikeHawk; what clouds are those? Must get my hands on them yes3.gif

post-22093-12677015271194.jpg

post-22093-12677015508383.jpg

Guess my conversion skills aren't that bad... :tongue:

Dave is it DS terrain? and which effectpack (watereffect.fx, waternormal etc), are you using for this terrain? Doesn't seem the "stock" one fromDS, but I might be wrong. Also if it is is DS I assume it is Series1?

That is the default desert terrain in SF2 with polaks tiles. That is it.